Gaming Resident Evil 4 Remake (PS5, Series S/X, PC)

Irwin99

Finished the Ada DLC. It was pretty good and some of the cut content from the OG RE4 is in it. I'd definitely recommend it if you think 5-6 hours is worth £7.99.

Urgh, think they're going to remake 5 next instead of Code Veronica, which is a shame for me as I like CV a lot more.

siw2007

Finished the Separate Ways DLC for RE4. It took me 4 and a half hours to beat. Felt it was good value for £7.99 because like the base game, it’s just really good and Ada kicks ass. Definitely recommend to anyone who loved the base game.

esmufc07

Brad
Scout
Enjoying this for the most part but enemies randomly appearing out of from a place that was previously ‘clear’ sucks and feels cheap. Also not all shots seem to register? Swear I can shoot the body/head and nothing happens.

Woodzy

Enjoying this for the most part but enemies randomly appearing out of from a place that was previously ‘clear’ sucks and feels cheap. Also not all shots seem to register? Swear I can shoot the body/head and nothing happens.
I didn’t think this happened? There may be areas you go back to that respawn for story purposes but in terms of exploring etc. once you’ve cleared an area it should be good.

I remember reading that enemies respawn in the fish farm area but this never happened for me.

Shark

@NotShark
Yeah that's not supposed to happen. Even that cabin level with Luis, enemies don't just appear, they come in through the windows or ladders.

Redlambs

Creator of the Caftards comics
Officially the best poker player on RAWK.
It absolutely does happen and it's not a bug. I think you guys are thinking of once the area is 100% complete, but enemies do pop up from thin air all through the game. At least on the higher difficulties they do, I've not played it on the easy modes.

Also, as much as I hate to say this, it's not you @esmufc07 the gunplay is weird 100%. That again isn't a bug though, they tried to balance the game with modern controls and the wonkey aim/hit boxes and overdone lack of bullet impact (though they still count as hits) is intended. Everything else in the the world that we dislike is still down to you though.

esmufc07

Brad
Scout
Thought this was very good overall; with a few minor annoyances listed above.

Currently doing a handgun/knife only run. Will see how I feel after this one may go for the platinum.

Capcom have confirmed another remake - wonder if they’ll go straight to 5 or perhaps do the original again or CV?

Woodzy

Thought this was very good overall; with a few minor annoyances listed above.

Currently doing a handgun/knife only run. Will see how I feel after this one may go for the platinum.

Capcom have confirmed another remake - wonder if they’ll go straight to 5 or perhaps do the original again or CV?
Original I hope. 5 wasn’t a terrible game but the charm wears off that that I point, I don’t think it would generate a huge amount of interest.

Could be the opposite though and simply warrant a remake more than the others.

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
I actually re-played the original remake not too long back it it holds up pretty well.

Personally, I'd like to see a remake of CV.

Shane88

Actually Nostradamus
They're catching up in the remakes quite quickly. They'll be remaking VII in 3 or 4 years.

Although then it would've been out almost 10 years....

padr81

Supports
Man City
I actually re-played the original remake not too long back it it holds up pretty well.

Personally, I'd like to see a remake of CV.
Castlevania for sure. If you mean the Resident Evil with Steve, nah.

Gehrman

Phallic connoisseur, unlike shamans
Is it better than village?
It definitely is. But i dont think they are miles apart. RE4 was a much loved departure at the time, but apart from the graphical improvements the remake isnt all that much different. Village is very much a homage to Re4.