Respect to two people, maybe 5 people, Pogba is greedy, maybe he isn’t, oops it’s all fake

Status
Not open for further replies.

mariachi-19

I may be the devil, but i'm not a monster
Irrespective of what you think about them as players, Harry Maguire and Luke Shaw deserve the upmost respect from United fans after today.

I, like many United fans, fell in love with United because of Fergie and his belief in courage and a never say die attitude towards football that was the ethos of our club for many a year.

I don’t necessarily agree with the CL, but what was proposed on Sunday stripped away any sense of what our club stands for. It’s a cowards move to advert risk and mitigate loss from piss poor financial management.

Its easy to think that for people like footballers to tell their boss that they are wrong is simple, but doing so can often puts careers and millions of dollars in jeopardy.

Harry and Luke showed tremendous back bone and if their chat today had any influence on the outcome of United pulling out of the ESL, they deserve the upmost respect because that has the potential to be Cantona esq level of influence on the future of our club as we know it.

Our captains...

Edit: add Bruno as well to the above

Last edited:

trevor newnham

Supports
Vigo RFC, Charlton
absolutely bang on. respect also to the other footballers who publicly came out. Henderson at Liverpool stood up to his bosses too.

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
More than just them. Bruno, Mata and De Gea too.

Aggrieving Juan Mata should be a sackable offence in and of itself.

Rightnr

Wants players fined for winning away.
You may be forgetting Bruno who came out a whole day before them.

But this is NOT a competition. Let's be happy the (smaller) virus is gone. Let's get the other (bigger) viruses out.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Yup. Don't forget about someone like Bruno though, he reposted Podence's insta and very clearly (due to the bad english) wrote it himself without advising anyone. Right away was against it without consulting any legal teams or whatever. Rashford posting the picture in twitter. All those at other clubs like De Bruyne et al at City, Henderson and TAA at Liverpool, Milner right after the game for Liverpool just saying he doesn't like it. Probably more than anything, how Pep handled his press conference. Tough position to be in, he didn't have a problem to give his opinion and straight up said ask me anything, I'll answer with my opinions before completely bashing on the competition.

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
Also worth saying I'm very sure other people (in all clubs) would have come out in opposition to the idea too. It just burned out so quickly it stopped mattering before then.

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
Yup. Don't forget about someone like Bruno though, he reposted Podence's insta and very clearly (due to the bad english) wrote it himself without advising anyone. Right away was against it without consulting any legal teams or whatever. Rashford posting the picture in twitter. All those at other clubs like De Bruyne et al at City, Henderson and TAA at Liverpool, Milner right after the game for Liverpool just saying he doesn't like it. Probably more than anything, how Pep handled his press conference. Tough position to be in, he didn't have a problem to give his opinion and straight up said ask me anything, I'll answer with my opinions before completely bashing on the competition.
When was this?

Sparky_Hughes

I am Shitbeard.
I love our lads, top fellas, and much respect to all the players and managers who stood up, Milner, Henderson, zlatan, Klopp, pep and all the rest too. Great day to be a football fan

Bosnian_fan

Supports
Sarajevo
I'm really happy with how everyone responded. You have to be proud of Manchester United lads the most, but really English football as a whole has shown heart that someone might have thought was missing.

hobbers

It looks like Bruno, Rashford, Shaw, Maguire, De Gea and Mata were a United front in all of this. Fair fecks to all of them.

klayton88

I've got it from a good source that Mata was so agitated by the news he actually tutted.

Gasolin

More than just them. Bruno, Mata and De Gea too.

Aggrieving Juan Mata should be a sackable offence in and of itself.
It came from here:

pav1790

Love the club. Love the players. Love the manager. Love all the staff.

We know who the culprits are. People will forget Woodward, but Glazers will not have that luxury. Now their greed will be laid bare for all to see. I am getting carried away - having snuck a few pints in during the day - but in my opinion that is the fundamental issue with greed. It does not know where and when to stop. Same with hate. Same with all of our innate instincts. At some point even the mildest of men will put away their morning papers and say, "Well this is a bit much, old chap."

I so desperately wish there was a camera at that meeting.

The fact that Adam Crafton backs this up - and he's big friends with De Gea and Mata - makes me believe it was likely one of them that leaked it. Whoever it was, nice one.

I'd never have expected De Gea to be one of the more vocal ones, and definitely not taking an active role to defend Solskjaer. De GOAT returns. If anything, I'd maybe have expected Henderson to be one of the ones speaking up based on how he is in interviews.

Last edited:

Bosnian_fan

Supports
Sarajevo
So, who are the guys who don't understand what the fuss is about? Pogba, who else? :D

Striker10

"Ronaldo and trophies > Manchester United football
If people know right from wrong and stick together and understand money men only care ab money.....then we be wiser. We need this spirit and fight at all times. No means NO

Whatsername

Proud of our players for standing up, and it’s a rare day when rivalries are forgotten and we all join together but that’s what’s happened over the last 48 hours and it’s been amazing to see what’s been achieved.

sglowrider

Thinks the caf is 'wokeish'.
Love the club. Love the players. Love the manager. Love all the staff.

We know who the culprits are. People will forget Woodward, but Glazers will not have that luxury. Now their greed will be laid bare for all to see. I am getting carried away - having snuck a few pints in during the day - but in my opinion that is the fundamental issue with greed. It does not know where and when to stop. Same with hate. Same with all of our innate instincts. At some point even the mildest of men will put away their morning papers and say, "Well this is a bit much, old chap."
I think the Glazers are possible in financial dire straits. They are mall owners -- its a business that's been struggling the past decade and with the Rona, a death knell to many.

CM

Fair play to them. One thing you can say about this team is there are a lot of likeables characters in there who you genuinely do feel care for the club, which certainly wasn't the case a couple of years ago.

Solskjaer must be very happy that the players were prepared to put their necks on the line for him being unfairly treated by the higher ups too

Eriku

Two thoughts on that:

1) It's perhaps telling of how serious the issue was that even quieter players like Shaw, Mata and De Gea felt the need to make their opinions clear.

2) It's to Solskjaer's credit (and also De Gea's) that despite De Gea being displaced as our #1 in very recent times he still felt compelled to speak up in defence of the manager. That's a sign of good man-management and professionalism in the way our goalkeeper situation has been handled by all parties. Not to bash our previous manager needlessly but it's hard to imagine Mourinho managing the apparent exit of a player quite so deftly.
Tbf Mou did really well in how he moved on Rooney.

Definitely agree on the De Gea point.

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
I'm going to get bashed for this but if Bruno Maguire Rashford and Shaw were brave enough risk publicly coming out on this shouldn't Ole have too?
I'm not sure there was any need following that meeting. It must have been clear to Solskjaer that based on the players' reaction it was a non-runner. Threatening strike is a pretty big deal. And unlike the players he had regular press conferences upcoming where he could make his opinions known, which is the forum other managers opted for.

wrepdrep

Supports
AC Milan
If those players weren't as greedy as the Glazers then the clubs wouldn't feel the need to create a new league that guarantees all the revenues they can get.

Rashford says football belongs to the fans, but his salary demand is one of the reasons why many fans can't afford tickets or TV subscriptions anymore. Doesn't he earn £200k per week? Or was it £250k?
Glazers aren't going to pay for that, fans will. If lockdowns prevent fans from buying tickets and entering stadiums then owners will be open for crazy ideas such as Super League that could bail them out of paying for the salaries themselves.

CM

I'm going to get bashed for this but if Bruno Maguire Rashford and Shaw were brave enough risk publicly coming out on this shouldn't Ole have too?
The news broke during our game on Sunday and he had no previous consultation about it. You could see in his post-match interview Solskjaer was genuinely flummoxed and didn't know how to respond. The interviewer even said Solskjaer had requested a club official spoke on it and that never happened.

In the last couple of days there has been way more information on it and the players would've informed themselves on it so they could make a considered case.

Status
Not open for further replies.