Respect to two people, maybe 5 people, Pogba is greedy, maybe he isn’t, oops it’s all fake

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shane88

Actually Nostradamus

I so desperately wish there was a camera at that meeting.

The fact that Adam Crafton backs this up - and he's big friends with De Gea and Mata - makes me believe it was likely one of them that leaked it. Whoever it was, nice one.

I'd never have expected De Gea to be one of the more vocal ones, and definitely not taking an active role to defend Solskjaer. De GOAT returns. If anything, I'd maybe have expected Henderson to be one of the ones speaking up based on how he is in interviews.
So Pogba was for it judging by that not-so-subtle hint.

Not surprising for a Raiola stooge.

Ole's screen

Supports
KC Chiefs
Am I reading too much or is Whitwell clearly saying Pogba was the one who wasn't vocal? I don't want to turn the tide against him for this as it was a pretty bold move to make to threaten strike, but its pretty shitty of a journalist to basically throw him under the bus while trying to maintain deniability.

UnofficialDevil

Anti Scottish and Preoccupied with Donkeys.
I'm not anti Scottish, I just wanted Moyes out.
The news broke during our game on Sunday and he had no previous consultation about it. You could see in his post-match interview Solskjaer was genuinely flummoxed and didn't know how to respond. The interviewer even said Solskjaer had requested a club official spoke on it and that never happened.

In the last couple of days there has been way more information on it and the players would've informed themselves on it so they could make a considered case.
If he had come out with a nice post like Rashfords for example it would have meant a lot, would have been great.

CM

If he had come out with a nice post like Rashfords for example it would have meant a lot, would have been great.
Does he even use his social media? I don't know.

I think in our instance the player's voices hold more weight than the manager's anyway. Solskjaer hasn't got the charisma or standing in the game of a Pep or Klopp. I imagine Rashford, Bruno and Maguire have more influence in that sense as they are assets the club can't afford to write off in the same way they could with Solskjaer.

prateik

Yeah but Zlatan was vociferously against it. I think Pogba has a mind of his own and isn't some impressionable kid to just does what Raiola tells him to.
Zlatan is at the end of his career. He isnt getting more bumper deals.
Raiola clearly knew about it.. He was asking for crazy wages for Haaland because he thought a lot of money was coming in to those clubs.. Pogba was probably counting on a bumper deal too.

cyril C

If those players weren't as greedy as the Glazers then the clubs wouldn't feel the need to create a new league that guarantees all the revenues they can get.

Rashford says football belongs to the fans, but his salary demand is one of the reasons why many fans can't afford tickets or TV subscriptions anymore. Doesn't he earn £200k per week? Or was it £250k?
Glazers aren't going to pay for that, fans will. If lockdowns prevent fans from buying tickets and entering stadiums then owners will be open for crazy ideas such as Super League that could bail them out of paying for the salaries themselves.
Technically speaking, you are wrong. The Board pay wages, or at least agree to whatever ridiculous terms. Gates money only accounted for 20% of total revenue, Empty stadium, as today, dent but does not collapse the Club, may be more so to some other Clubs, but MU can continue paying Pogba's wages, as well as Sanchez' departing fee.

What influence most - TV money. That's why you have Friday & Monday games, noon kick off, 3 games in 7 days during Xmas. And in 10 years time, don't be surprised to see kick off at 9am and 9pm, to meet hungry demand....

Majima

Supports
Ralf Rangnick.
If those players weren't as greedy as the Glazers then the clubs wouldn't feel the need to create a new league that guarantees all the revenues they can get.

Rashford says football belongs to the fans, but his salary demand is one of the reasons why many fans can't afford tickets or TV subscriptions anymore. Doesn't he earn £200k per week? Or was it £250k?
Glazers aren't going to pay for that, fans will. If lockdowns prevent fans from buying tickets and entering stadiums then owners will be open for crazy ideas such as Super League that could bail them out of paying for the salaries themselves.
You haven't got a clue about us at all. The Glazers haven't invested a single pound into us since 2005. We were debt free before they bought us on loans, leveraging them against the clubs revenues, straddling us with their debt still to this day.

They are the only owners in the premier league to take dividends out each year which they have done every year (large ones). They have taken a fortune out of us. Our stadium has been left to rot, literally. The steel is rusted outside, they don't even paint it.

They simply saw an opportunity to sell our soul for their own gain and to hell with the fans or clubs future.

Thankfully there are people with real integrity throughout the club like our players, manager and staff who rightfully won't let that happen.

If you seriously supported the super league then shame on you.

Last edited:

Stig

I'm really happy with how everyone responded. You have to be proud of Manchester United lads the most, but really English football as a whole has shown heart that someone might have thought was missing.
.... English football as a whole.. hang on. We had 6 teams wanting to be in it. The Germans, the French and the Dutch told them to push off from the beginning

UnofficialDevil

Anti Scottish and Preoccupied with Donkeys.
I'm not anti Scottish, I just wanted Moyes out.
.... English football as a whole.. hang on. We had 6 teams wanting to be in it. The Germans, the French and the Dutch told them to push off from the beginning
The German clubs couldn't enter because of their 50/1 ownerships.PSG couldn't enter because of the Qatar world Cup. I don't think any Dutch club was invited.

Majima

Supports
Ralf Rangnick.

The fact that Adam Crafton backs this up - and he's big friends with De Gea and Mata - makes me believe it was likely one of them that leaked it. Whoever it was, nice one.

I'd never have expected De Gea to be one of the more vocal ones, and definitely not taking an active role to defend Solskjaer. De GOAT returns. If anything, I'd maybe have expected Henderson to be one of the ones speaking up based on how he is in interviews.
Truly heart warming news. We really have wonderful people representing our club. Bruno, Maguire, Shaw, Rashford, De Gea, Mata, and the others we don't know about yet, absolute legends forever for this.

Last edited:

hobbers

Am I reading too much or is Whitwell clearly saying Pogba was the one who wasn't vocal? I don't want to turn the tide against him for this as it was a pretty bold move to make to threaten strike, but its pretty shitty of a journalist to basically throw him under the bus while trying to maintain deniability.
No you're not, one of them was clearly Pogba, no doubt there at all. He hangs off Raiola's every word so it's no small wonder he'd be in favour of the SL. Beyond him I don't think there's anyone else in the squad with a particularly big social media presence. Rashford isn't mentioned but he tweeted out against it so we know it isn't him. Cavani doesn't even want to be at the club next season so he's excluded.

Beyond that, the only other players who could conceivably have been in favour that come to mind are Matic, Martial and Bailly.

Majima

Supports
Ralf Rangnick.

That's majorly disappointing if Pogba indeed kept quiet throughout all of this. My impression of him these years, I would have thought he would have been at the forefront with the players.

wrepdrep

Supports
AC Milan
You haven't got a clue about us at all. The Glazers haven't invested a single pound into us since 2005. We were debt free before they bought us on loans, leveraging them against the clubs revenues, straddling us with their debt still to this day.

They are the only owners in the premier league to take dividends out each year which they have done every year. They have taken a fortune out of us. Our stadium has been left to rot, literally. The steel is rusted outside, they don't even paint it.

They simply saw an opportunity to sell our soul for their own gain and to hell with the fans or clubs future.

Thankfully there are people with real integrity throughout the club like our players, manager and staff who rightfully won't let that happen.

If you seriously supported the super league then shame on you.

I'm well aware of the Glazers and your beef with them.
Your situation is quite different from Milan's or Chelsea's. A setback for the Milan owners means actual losses, a setback for the Glazers means reduced profits. But the issues caused by soaring wage bills apply to the entire world of football.

I did not support the Super League. Neither did I think it would materialize. The concept and the way it was presented to us was bizarre and hard to even take seriously.
However I think it was a reaction, a bad reaction to issues created by some of those who are now portrayed as the good guys.
PSG, UEFA, FIFA, Rashford, Fernandes, Maguire, Klopp, Guardiola and yes Berlusconi have helped creating this monster.

wrepdrep

Supports
AC Milan
Technically speaking, you are wrong. The Board pay wages, or at least agree to whatever ridiculous terms. Gates money only accounted for 20% of total revenue, Empty stadium, as today, dent but does not collapse the Club, may be more so to some other Clubs, but MU can continue paying Pogba's wages, as well as Sanchez' departing fee.

What influence most - TV money. That's why you have Friday & Monday games, noon kick off, 3 games in 7 days during Xmas. And in 10 years time, don't be surprised to see kick off at 9am and 9pm, to meet hungry demand....
You missed or misunderstood the point.
Of course the broadcast revenue is bigger than the ticket income. Where does that money come from? Sky Sports. Who do Sky Sports exploit to afford paying for the broadcast rights?

If COVID or a bad season is making the Glazers lose out on hundreds of millions from ticket income and Champions League TV pool then they will look for a way to avoid making a sacrifice, because they're not charitable fellows and they don't care for football.

Don't get me wrong. Glazers are greedy parasitic scum. I just don't like the hypocrisy of all these "good guys" that talk about football belonging to the fans.

Majima

Supports
Ralf Rangnick.
Your situation is quite different from Milan's or Chelsea's. A setback for the Milan owners means actual losses, a setback for the Glazers means reduced profits. But the issues caused by soaring wage bills apply to the entire world of football.

I did not support the Super League. Neither did I think it would materialize. The concept and the way it was presented to us was bizarre and hard to even take seriously.
However I think it was a reaction, a bad reaction to issues created by some of those who are now portrayed as the good guys.
PSG, UEFA, FIFA, Rashford, Fernandes, Maguire, Klopp, Guardiola and yes Berlusconi have helped creating this monster.
The top of football has been rotten to the core for many years now I agree. I completely agree we need it to be stopped and we need changes in football, as long as they're independently regulated and the changes are fair for all clubs in Europe.

How are the players to blame though? It's misguided to blame them. If they get reduced wages, all that happens is the owners then take more out for themselves. The billionaire owners who have zero love for the game, the super agents, the tv companies, along with the oil clubs inflating fees and disregarding ffp are the ones who've caused this.

Your club's ultras released a great statement highlighting all of these factors.

If we can get them out, or introduce laws that prevent it from happening, then the sport will be much healthier again.

Last edited:

Majima

Supports
Ralf Rangnick.
I'm going to get bashed for this but if Bruno Maguire Rashford and Shaw were brave enough risk publicly coming out on this shouldn't Ole have too?
Ole was behind the scenes throwing chairs about. I don't need to see any comments. I bet my life that Ole was fully supporting the players/fans actions.

Last edited:

Amarsdd

Ole was behind the scenes throwing chairs about. I don't need to see any comments. I bet my life that Ole was fully supporting the players/fans actions.
if you don't put it on social media it never happened ..

Devil may care

Good to hear, Pogba hint aside, surprised McTominay wasn't one of the vocal ones.

rotherham_red

Maybe he would have if the raging Ole out thunder cnuts on Twitter hadn't driven his young daughter off it about 18 months ago?

Fridge chutney

That's not true at all. It is totally incorrect and misguided to blame the players. United, until a couple of years ago, had the lowest wage-to-revenue ratio in the league. To include Fernandes, who signed on 80k/week (less than every other player of his ability in England), is laughable and just shows that you do not know much about Manchester United.

Players are commanding market wages. Should they be paid less? Maybe. But the greed and opportunistic power-grab from the owners caused this. Not players earning a fair wage in relation to revenue.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist

Vocal on social media and you'd expect to be big voices - so Rashford or Pogba. Rashford put out a picture saying football is for the fans, Pogba stayed silent...

Important to note that nowhere does it say he agreed with it. Just felt the movement was too far. I'd guess a lot of footballers would just say whatever and play football in whatever competition they put them in. But there's a lot who are strongly opposed as well, and are the vocal majority anyway.

Slevs

likes to play with penises
More than just them. Bruno, Mata and De Gea too.

Aggrieving Juan Mata should be a sackable offence in and of itself.
You know they fecked up massively when even teddy bear Mata is aggrieved.

SmashedHombre

Memberus Anonymous & Legendus

Pogba wouldn't have been my guess tbh, just because he wouldn't be someone I'd expect to lead a player revolt against club greed in the firstplace. Someone like Rashford maybe. Not that it matters, it's all speculation and we will probably never no.

Mr Smith

Let's not rush to judgement, that comment could just as easily refer to Rashford, even if he did post on social media (though I doubt it). Let's just be thankful that this process showed we have strong leaders in the dressing room that are prepared for stand for what's right, and in particular back up our manager.

Mr Smith

You can criticise institutions like FIFA and UEFA, or even individual clubs (I'd certainly concede United have contributed to the issue). But to blame individual players and managers is a nonsense, and frankly shameful.

gajender

Let's not rush to judgement, that comment could just as easily refer to Rashford, even if he did post on social media (though I doubt it). Let's just be thankful that this process showed we have strong leaders in the dressing room that are prepared for stand for what's right, and in particular back up our manager.
I don't think he is referring to Pogba at all it's pointed towards Rashford but most here would ignore it and push Pogba narrative , he is already painted as individualistic , self centred character in cahoots with Raiola looking out for himself in Media why would they expect anything different from him .

NewGlory

United make me feel dirty. And not in a sexy way.
It looks like Bruno, Rashford, Shaw, Maguire, De Gea and Mata were a United front in all of this. Fair fecks to all of them.
Much love and respect to our lads. We want them to win everything, but first and foremost - heart is bigger than matches won.

dpansheth

Phil broke his finger whilst typing furiously away on twitter?
Zlatan is at the end of his career. He isnt getting more bumper deals.
Raiola clearly knew about it.. He was asking for crazy wages for Haaland because he thought a lot of money was coming in to those clubs.. Pogba was probably counting on a bumper deal too.
There was an article about pogba and he’ll sign an extension if paid $500k/week, I swear I saw a similarly worded headline couple of days ago

Real Name

Let's not talk who didn't speak out but about who did and let's be proud about them. And great thing is how they stood by their manager too.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout

No they didn't. ManUtd spend around 50% of the revenue on the wages, owners take out 22 million in dividends no matter how healthy or weak club is financially. We are more than self sustainable, so are most of the clubs. There are few clubs who have created their own financial mess but the big reason for the creation of ESL is owners greed. They wanted to cap players salary at 55% and then take away all the profits.

Players are the main people in football, they should be getting most of the money.

Status
Not open for further replies.