Revenue growth for Top 6 Premier League teams over the past decade

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
I’d love it if City were actually first instead of second on the money list. Them being behind us helps to hide them a little bit. If they claimed they were making the most money in the PL, I think it will make it obviously ridiculous to claim they make more than us.

padr81

Supports
Man City
:lol: not even you can really believe that.
Not in a million years if all the angry ones read three or four posts above they'd see where I blatantly said ours was not legit, but you know the internet.... I was just using that post to congratulate Spurs on doing so well off the pitch while constantly shitting themselves on it.

padr81

Supports
Man City
Oh wow yeah that's so impressive. You won trophies after spending over a billion?

How many big games did City win before you sold your souls?

Also, if you genuinely believe all that revenue growth is totally legitimate, you're utterly delusional.
Yup that's what it took while we did it. If the worlds greatest chairman opened the purse strings you'd know exactly how it feels but hell you have the worlds greatest stadium where your fans can continue to racially abuse and sing
anti-semitic songs about themselves so its all good for both of us.

We won few enough which is why I'd gladly sell our soul a billion more times for a repeat of the last 10 years.

Your 3rd point has nothing to do with anything but if you just read a few lines of the thread you'd see I know we're not legit, I just don't care. If we're punished we're punished and rightly so, if not well tough shit for everyone else tbh...

padr81

Supports
Man City
How City earn that much?:confused::confused:
Legally i mean...
Until Uefa/PL can prove sponsorships are bogus there is nothing that can be done. Other than that its purely broadcasting money. Without the commercial increase we'd probably be around 250-300% or so.

Ekkie Thump

Supports
Leeds United
Excluding City's financial doping, it's good to see that with a 230% increase Spurs have recorded the biggest growth amongst the top 6 by some margin.

I'd expect this to be maintained now that our new stadium is open for business. Surpassing Arsenal's total income is in our sights now, with Chelsea and then Liverpool being the next benchmarks to reach for.

Something has to be done about City tho'.
To be fair the vast majority of that 230% comes from increased TV income. I think Burnley made like 115m or so from TV last year - that alone would've been a 200% rise from your 2008 figure.

andyox

Supports
Manchester City
That’s more or less the ratio of glory hunter fans to their real fans too. I’m curious about how many fans City had before and after Arabs. If you find the numbers from somewhere, I’m sure the ratio of the “fans” who started to support them in the last 10 years to the real ones would be the same.
I'm not having that. Our home is the Emptihad and the Sheikh buys 5,000 tickets per game to help us pass FFP.

Can we please stay consistent and on message in the City fan banter please.

soaphroniscuss

That's near 0% interest rates at work. A low of that growth is inflationary fluff.

andyox

Supports
Manchester City
And some city fans and their apologists will still pretend that they're somehow fair and anybody who doesn't like them is simply jealous of their success.

They're an ugly joke. They make a mockery of the idea of fair competition, they are the embodiment of everything wrong with modern football.

Crooked, corrupt, false, soulless scumbags who deserve zero credit or recognition for their so called 'success' which is purely down to them buying the best of everything two times over with money they never earned.

If anything was remotely fair that club would be thrown in to the lower leagues, their disgusting owners banned from entering the country, and anything they've ever won written off entirely.

Even despite my hatred of Liverpool I almost want them to win it because at least they're a legitimate club with legitimate revenue who haven't cheated their way up.

Feel sick saying that, thanks City you shit stain on the football world.
We're seeing the clash of two classic growth models I suppose, City's equity financing vs. Spurs' debt financing.

deafepl

Reminder our revenue expected to reach £630m according to Woodward's safe estimation without a round of 16 and quarter-final and a clause for top trophies like EPL and UCL. We have Aon and Chevrolet sponsorship deals expiring in 2021 at the end of the season, it's worth around £70m in total, I can see us to increase our sponsorship value in 2021.

This is crazy if you ask me.

Fridge chutney

And some city fans and their apologists will still pretend that they're somehow fair and anybody who doesn't like them is simply jealous of their success.

They're an ugly joke. They make a mockery of the idea of fair competition, they are the embodiment of everything wrong with modern football.

Crooked, corrupt, false, soulless scumbags who deserve zero credit or recognition for their so called 'success' which is purely down to them buying the best of everything two times over with money they never earned.

If anything was remotely fair that club would be thrown in to the lower leagues, their disgusting owners banned from entering the country, and anything they've ever won written off entirely.

Even despite my hatred of Liverpool I almost want them to win it because at least they're a legitimate club with legitimate revenue who haven't cheated their way up.

Feel sick saying that, thanks City you shit stain on the football world.
Hard to disagree with any of this, to be honest.

Mr Smith

And why do you win trophies? Because you've had a billion + pumped by Arabs into your club. If Saudi Arabia tomorrow decided to buy United and gave us an unlimited budget, we'd win loads of trophies too. Why do PSG have Neymar and Mbappe? Unlimited money. Well done.

That's pretty much the reason why I want Liverpool to win the league, they've outclassed you in head to heads over the last 2 seasons (CL especially), and they've done it naturally. If we had SAF we'd still be up there challenging, but unfortunately we don't. You don't need SAF, you can have Pep, Pellegrini or Bob the builder in charge and you'd still win trophies because your owners wipe their asses with the £250m they give to City to spend in a summer.

Squishy's right, the biggest joke in football is that people laugh at Spurs for building a very good team naturally but not winning anything, but laud a financially-doped stain of a club who win solely because they can buy as many players as they want until they win.
This can't be emphasized enough. The amount of people who belittle one of the best Spurs sides in years, who could well have won a title in another generation if they didn't have to compete with four financial juggernauts and a doped up league, but say things like "fair play to City, they look class" is baffling. I'll especially never understand United fans that think like this.

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
Can't imagine the tough negotiations that City's executives had to do to get better commercial deals. Must be tough.

devlinadl

We're seeing the clash of two classic growth models I suppose, City's equity financing vs. Spurs' debt financing.
That's not really true, is it? The 1.3bn that Abu Dhabi have admitted pumping into City would be akin to equity financing, but none of that touches on the dubious commercial transactions that have artificially inflated City's income. It would be more correct to say that's the difference between cheating and debt financing.

devlinadl

Can't imagine the tough negotiations that City's executives had to do to get better commercial deals. Must be tough.
According to the football leaks releases, City executives independently decide the value of commercial deals and, if they need more from their commercial deals in order to meet FFP, they can simply increase the value of those deals and backdate the increases.

andyox

Supports
Manchester City
That's not really true, is it? The 1.3bn that Abu Dhabi have admitted pumping into City would be akin to equity financing, but none of that touches on the dubious commercial transactions that have artificially inflated City's income. It would be more correct to say that's the difference between cheating and debt financing.
As above, my post was tongue in cheek.

Without FFP, I think that yes it would all have been equity financing from ADUG to establish City as a top team. However, FFP restricted equity financing, so to make up the gap inflated commercial sponsorships were signed with Abu Dhabi based companies. Obviously City's commercial revenue in the OP is significantly higher than it should be, given our current size. I don't think anyone would sensibly dispute that.

Fluctuation0161

I’d love it if City were actually first instead of second on the money list. Them being behind us helps to hide them a little bit. If they claimed they were making the most money in the PL, I think it will make it obviously ridiculous to claim they make more than us.
Considering the fact they are a tiny club with the second largest income I'd still ridiculously obvious.

Changeisgood

Supports
Arsenal
Gazidis was much more damaging to Arsenal than Wenger overstaying. Just getting him to leave finally makes it a good year for Arsenal.