Rhain Davis

KingEric7

Stupid Conspiracy Enthusiast Wanker
He's 12 yet he still hasn't made an impact?

Chirag

Euro '08 League Winner
I heard on Red young and gifted that one of the 12 or 14 year old kids broke his leg in training and his name popped into mind amongst others..

prateik

doesnt have to be rhain .. one kid did .. wasnt chocy talking about it

probably going to school in manchester and plays with the kids at the weekends. .

last i heard , he had peaked and we were looking to offload him

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
Brisbane-raised Rhain Davis, who made headlines in 2007 when he was invited to join Manchester United's famed youth academy as a nine-year-old on the back of a DVD sent to the English club by his grandfather, holds a British passport.

Davis's parents Leah and Mark, and siblings Emerson and Reeve, have also re-located to Manchester, with the family having established their own business.

Davis continues to make progress at the academy, with bookmakers reportedly offering odds in April of 10-1 for the attacker to play for United in the English Premier League and 12-1 for the young gun to play for Australia.

But England could yet make a play for Davis, who would be 24 and entering the prime of his career come the 2022 World Cup, which Australia is bidding to host.

s part of the club's policy, Manchester United remain silent about the youngster's time at the academy.

His father Mark Davis is also reluctant to comment, but did speak to News Limited in April.

"Everything is good - he's one of 16 boys with them, but there's no guarantees," Mark Davis said.

The DVD footage that convinced United of Davis's talent has proven to be a hit on You Tube, with the clip being watched more than 7000 times.

Davis, who has already been compared to United and England star Wayne Rooney, played his junior football in Queensland for Redlands United and also starred at schoolboy level for Moreton Bay Boys College.

Diana Patchett, who guided Davis during his school football career, told News Limited in 2007 that she had no doubt about the child prodigy's future as a professional footballer.

"He is so well-balanced on the ball," Patchett said. "His ability to shield the ball in a tight space is extraordinary for someone of his age."

Soon after joining the academy, David described the experience as "awesome".

"The best part has been getting to meet a lot of the players," he said.

The winning bids for the 2018 and 2022 World Cups will be announced in December.

Australia has firmed in favouritism for the 2022 tournament after pulling out of the race for the 2018 event, which is expected to be staged in England.
Australian Wayne Rooney at the age of 12, Blimey!

AgainstAllOdds

Fergie is set to call him and give him a few minutes against West Brom, just so he gets a feel of the Premier League.

SecondFig

:confused:

I'm assuming this is some sort of sarcastic scoffing at knee-jerk reactions to poor form, but... I mean, it's not exactly funny.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
:confused:

I'm assuming this is some sort of sarcastic scoffing at knee-jerk reactions to poor form, but... I mean, it's not exactly funny.
I think it's more of a pathetic stab at Fergie for selecting some young players against Rangers. You're right though, it's not funny and this isn't the forum for that kind of shit. Thoroughly twattish post.

AgainstAllOdds

:lol: You're both wrong.

I was just thinking about him today because I saw a video of some wonderkid. I thought he would be about 13 now and we still haven't heard anything from him. So I posted something controversial to wind some of you up. Clearly about the wrong thing now but still the same thing.

As you were.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days

I was just thinking about him today because I saw a video of some wonderkid. I thought he would be about 13 now and we still haven't heard anything from him. So I posted something controversial to wind some of you up. Clearly about the wrong thing now but still the same thing.

As you were.
It's getting a bit ridiculous now isn't it.

Reminds me alot of Tosic, just doesn't have the physique to make it here.

Acquire Me

Someone got some serious information on him? He is still a part of the United academy?

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons

As you were.
If you want to wind people up do it in a different forum.

datura

The first you'll hear about him is if he's involved in one of youth tournaments - Marveld or the Premier Cup. United, as stated in the article posted, don't give out info on their young players.

RedLars

I heard he might be en route to become the English Wayne Rooney.

RDCR07

Not a bad guy (Whale Killer)
Wow completely forgot about this kid. Anyone watch him play of late? How is his progress?

Baby Faced Assassin

Pastor of Muppets
Well should be in the academy soon then. I reckon he developed basic football skills & awareness early on when he was 9 but then the other kids caught up and he isn't extra-ordinary anymore.

De Selby

Scottish
Supports
Guangzhou Pharmaceutical F.C.
Well should be in the academy soon then. I reckon he developed basic football skills & awareness early on when he was 9 but then the other kids caught up and he isn't extra-ordinary anymore.
What are you basing that on? Apart from the knowledge he's still with the club, we know precisely nothing about his progress. United keep very quiet about young players who aren't even in the academy yet.

And he's what, 14? It'll be another two years before he's in the academy.

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
That's some great assumption you're making there.