Richard Hartis appointed senior goalkeeping coach

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
Isn't he replacing Louro who left with Mourinho?

jymufc20

Last Man Standing finalist 2019/20
Has Emilio Alvarez left then ? I hope so, De Gea's performances have degraded since he was appointed.

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
He has worked for us before.

18:18
United make new coaching appointment - full story
Manchester United have appointed Richard Hartis as goalkeeping coach, to work alongside current incumbent Emilio Alvarez.

Hartis spent a decade as head of academy goalkeeping at United from 2000 to 2010 and he worked with the first team during the 2007/08 season, when the club won the Premier League and the Champions League.

Ole Gunnar Solskjaer has usually taken Hartis with him during his managerial career. Having worked together when the Norwegian was in charge of United’s reserves, Hartis followed Solskjaer to Molde and then to Cardiff City.

Read the full story here.

Invictus

Poster of the Year 2015 & 2018
Staff
Supports
Piracy on the High Seas.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
Does he have a track record of developing a specific trait, like distribution?

I'd like to see Henderson as our #2. He could get the Europa and the League Cup.

GDaly95

Says he's one of the best posters
DDG and Emilio Alvarez are absolute BFFs aren't they? Will look ominous for DDG if he bounces.

Damien

Self-Aware RedCafe Database (and Admin)
Staff
I thought De Gea had bought in his own goalkeeping coach
He did but we've got other goalkeepers. When Mourinho was here, Louro and Alvarez were the goalkeeping coaches, with Alvarez mainly being for De Gea only. Mourinho was sacked, Louro left and Alvarez took on duties for all goalkeepers until end of season. Now we've brought in Hartis to replace Louro's role and Alvarez will probably go back to mainly being for De Gea only.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
I dont think real life coaches works that way. Plus de gea is at a level where the only thing different a coach can coach him is insight and mentality.
Yeah, I should have phrased that a bit better: has he helped develop a new breed GK?

Jazz

Just in case anyone missed it. I don't like Mount.
We needed a new GK coach, but does anyone know how good he is?

Rhyme Animal

Thinks Di Zerbi is better than Pep.
Real Madrid rebuild - 3 time CL winning manager, multiple signings including Eden Hazard - trying to get Pogba.

Man Utd rebuild - Molde manager who relegated Cardiff, signed a Swansea prospect, new GK coach - trying to keep Pogba.

It's a joke. Literally a joke.

Sir Scott McToMinay

I remember DDG really improving when Moyes brought his coach with him, and then further with Van Gaal and his staff.
Or maybe it was because we were getting gradually more shite and DDG was able to display his goalkeeping capabilities on a weekly basis due to the incompetence of his team mates.
Who knows where’s truth?

I can’t say that signing a new GK coach gives me the confidence in that team to go on and take Liverpool and City off their perches, but I hope the guy does well and De Gea likes him.

Real Madrid rebuild - 3 time CL winning manager, multiple signings including Eden Hazard - trying to get Pogba.

Man Utd rebuild - Molde manager who relegated Cardiff, signed a Swansea prospect, new GK coach - trying to keep Pogba.

:lol:

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies

It’s probably easy as feck to rebuild Madrid when every player in world football is gagging to join you.

Jazz

Just in case anyone missed it. I don't like Mount.
I remember DDG really improving when Moyes brought his coach with him, and then further with Van Gaal and his staff.
Or maybe it was because we were getting gradually more shite and DDG was able to display his goalkeeping capabilities on a weekly basis due to the incompetence of his team mates.
Who knows where’s truth?

I can’t say that signing a new GK coach gives me the confidence in that team to go on and take Liverpool and City off their perches, but I hope the guy does well and De Gea likes him.

:lol:
DDG improved under all the GK coaches except Alvarez, so we needed a new coach and I hope he does well.
I would have preferred someone known to work with/develop good goalkeepers and not someone Ole knows. Someone to provide new ideas...
Anyway, I'm hoping this guy works out.

Gentleman Jim

It's absolutely amazing! Perfect even.
Supports
city
I was obviously exaggerating. But you’re blinkered if you don’t think a staggering amount of players want to play for them.
I know full well that they are a chosen destination for top players but they're not the only destination.

Sir Scott McToMinay

But the history and charisma are what the top players want.
Pissing contest aside, are all the top players gagging to join Real as the other fella stated?
Almost all of them, yes.
Players like David Silva and Aguero would’ve been long gone playing for Madrid or Barcelona if it wasn’t for oil-money, and we don’t really know how deep those pockets truly are.

Otherwise, and be honest here, Why would they be playing for a plastic club like City for any logical reason? Seriously, even the title celebrations were half-arsed, a little hooray from the City crowd and Vinnie waving his goodbyes, c’mon man, don’t be deluded.

But, yes, yes, almost all of the players in the world are dreaming of Madrid, no doubt about that.

Fergie Steps In

How does everyone think Richard Hartis is doing as head goalkeeping coach for Ole? Ole seems to love him and bring him everywhere.

De Gea has been catching a lot of flak around here lately. Perhaps some of that flak is unwarranted. I think some of the performance errors De Gea has shown lately may be the result of improper goalkeeper training. If that's the case, then perhaps Ricahrd Hartis and ultimately Ole deserve some blame.

Lets use the Everton goal as an example. Here are some things to think about: Is there a drill that goalkeepers should be doing so that they instinctively know how much time they have with the ball at their feet while an attacker is closing in? I think the answer is yes. Is there a way of clearing the ball to prevent attackers from scoring even if they manage to get a deflection on your clearance? I think the answer to this question is also yes.

There's also been some talk about Dean Henderson being our best performing goalkeeping this season. I find that interesting because Dean Henderson is out on loan and Richard Hartis is not his goalkeeping coach.

Am I on to something?

Last edited:

NewGlory

United make me feel dirty. And not in a sexy way.
How does everyone think Richard Hartis is doing as head goalkeeping coach for Ole? Ole seems to love him and bring him everywhere.

De Gea has been catching a lot of flak around here lately. Perhaps some of that flak is unwarranted. I think some of the performance errors De Gea has shown lately may be the result of improper goalkeeper training. If that's the case, then perhaps Ricahrd Hartis and ultimately Ole deserve some blame.

Lets use the Everton goal as an example. Here are some things to think about: Is there a drill that goalkeepers should be doing so that they instinctively knows how much time they have with the ball at his feet while an attacker is closing in? I think the answer is yes. Is there a way of clearing the ball to prevent goals attackers from scoring even if they manage to get a deflection on your clearance? I think the answer to this question is also yes.

There's also been some talk about Dean Henderson being our best performing goalkeeping this season. I find that interesting because Dean Henderson is out on loan and Richard Hartis is not his goalkeeping coach.

Am I on to something?
No. Hartis was appointed in June. De Gea had horrible performance towards the end of the season, before that. If anything, he bounced back a little this season. Hartis has nothing to do with any of this.

Kostur

海尔的老板

Lets use the Everton goal as an example. Here are some things to think about: Is there a drill that goalkeepers should be doing so that they instinctively knows how much time they have with the ball at his feet while an attacker is closing in? I think the answer is yes. Is there a way of clearing the ball to prevent goals attackers from scoring even if they manage to get a deflection on your clearance? I think the answer to this question is also yes.

Am I on to something?
I thought about it as of late as well. We've got rid of Alvarez because he's been, apparently, too close to DDG and brought Hartis in. The weirdest thing about it all was that Hartis was brought in while Alvarez was still here so I cannot imagine it all ending in a friendly manner, as professional as Alvarez kept it till the end. DDG's form this year has been the worst for some time now, I think he's quite high up the 'most individual errors leading to a goal' list, and even though he's had this blip of bad form last year when Alvarez was the coach, it was still a blip. I think it's fair to say that Hartis hasn't improved anything to put it mildly, if not to claim that he's made it worse to put it bluntly. We've had Romero making some stupid mistakes this season too iirc.