Richarlison | Tottenham watch

Fenomeno9

Nothing to do with Gabbiadinni, after Gabriel Jesus and Malcolm, probably the best Brasilian player from the generation of 1997, Ajax were scouting them, it was Marco Silva who was following him and probably convinced them to sign him instead Ajax.
I might consider David Neres over Richarlison from the 97 class.

Gopher Brown

He is very similar to Martial in the way he dribbles and cuts inside (and makes poor decisions sometimes)

RooneyLegend

Needs to sort out his finishing and ball striking technique, if he does that he'll be very impressive. The rest of his game looks spot on for the type of player he is.

ROFLUTION

Sign him up before someone else realizes what a talent he is :drool:

Oozes talent - Very good accelleration, keeps it direct, and can do it with both legs.

His goal against Everton was so classy too. Comfortable enough to dribble the keeper with one leg and straightly hereafter poke it in the top of the net in front of a defender with the other.

Been a long time since I've been excited about a midtable player like this. Last time was probably Saha at Fulham. Or Zaha at Palace.

ZAGREB RED

Looks like Watford have unearthed a diamond here, looks a real talent.

TheOrgazoid

I don't see him as an upgrade on Rashford or Martial
Different way of beating a player than Martial.
Martial is more about body feints; this guy just goes in straight lines past them. Richarlison has better accelartion than Martial so he can afford to be more direct.

I gues he would be more similar to Rashford in terms of sprinting/dribbling style.

Is he better than the other two? Maybe, maybe not.

Would it not be good to have a third Martial/Rashford? Three young, talented attackers rather than two. I'd take him in a flash.

AkaAkuma

Martial is more about body feints; this guy just goes in straight lines past them. Richarlison has better accelartion than Martial so he can afford to be more direct.

I gues he would be more similar to Rashford in terms of sprinting/dribbling style.

Would it not be good to have a third Martial/Rashford? Three young, talented attackers rather than two. I'd take him in a flash.
I think people get too excited about somebody scoring a few goals. I'd put Richarlison somewhere between arnautovic and son at the minute.

deafepl

If Martial are leaving, perhaps we can replace him with Richarlison?

TheOrgazoid

I think people get too excited about somebody scoring a few goals. I'd put Richarlison somewhere between arnautovic and son at the minute.
Arnautovic is 28.
Son is 25.
Richarlison is 20.

Let's not compare him to a player about to enter his peak age and one already in it.
Let's compare him to other young players, such as Martial, Iwobi, Solanke, etc.

I think Richarlison is doing well.

He's good.
Looks brilliant. Taken to the PL like a duck to water, brilliant flair while having that tough South American mentality, all at the age of 20. When Hughes put him through yesterday you just knew he would stick it away, he already has that confidence about his game, while being so young. He'll be off to one of the top 6 in the summer.

deafepl

Or keep Martial and keep Rashford and buy Richarlison? And sell Mata.
Younger attack.
So they would have fewer minutes cos we would rotate them between 3 players for left wings. Mata is not left wing or striker. if we sell Mata, we would find new attacking midfielder/right wings, certainly not Richarlison.

AkaAkuma

Arnautovic is 28.
Son is 25.
Richarlison is 20.

Let's not compare him to a player about to enter his peak age and one already in it.
Let's compare him to other young players, such as Martial, Iwobi, Solanke, etc.

I think Richarlison is doing well.
I'm comparing impact; Arnautovic had a period a few years ago where he performed similiar to how Richarlison is now. But nothing came of it, save for a 20m transfer this year. Ayew the same 20m fee after a goalscoring season.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Don’t see it with Richarlison. Purple-patch player for me, not too concerned about his stats for now, he doesn’t seem that special from what I’ve seen. I’m sure most of his goals have been bundled/tapped in too.

Sigma

Don’t see it with Richarlison. Purple-patch player for me, not too concerned about his stats for now, he doesn’t seem that special from what I’ve seen. I’m sure most of his goals have been bundled/tapped in too.
Most of Jesus' and Salah's goals are like that, I would say they are special players.

ghagua

Looks like an excellent player. He will get snapped up by a big team very soon.

Hugh Jass

Shave Dass
Like a lot of players, he is overhyped on here. I have watched him a few times and he is alright.

Zlatattack

People need to take it easy on Will Hughes, he's been a regular at Derby since he was 17. During that time Derby have regularly been promotion chasers (we're also bottlers), played some good football and Hughes was centre stage in it all. He had a big injury as well in the 15/16 season, kept him out most of the season. Hughes outgrew Derby and this is his first PL season. I expect him to be at Watford for at least a couple of years and depending on how well he does his next move could be to a top 4-6 team. He has the potential, now to see if he can fulfill it. He won't be a Scholes, Robson, Gerrard, Lampard i don't think - but there is no reason he can't be someone good enough to play in the CL.

----

Richarlison - Good lad, went into my FF team this week, got me some decent points.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Wasn’t Richarlison also very highly rated in Brazil? I don’t think it’s a purple patch - I think it’s just a good young player doing well. You can bet there’d be more hype over him had he moved to Ajax instead.

Charles Miller

I think in the next two windows we should only sign players in their peak and over 25, with nerves to decide tittles.
There're enough young players with potential.
Only exception would be full backs because is hard to find a good one.

Charles Miller

Wasn’t Richarlison also very highly rated in Brazil? I don’t think it’s a purple patch - I think it’s just a good young player doing well. You can bet there’d be more hype over him had he moved to Ajax instead.
Its not a purple patch.Is easy, easy to find even full Fluminense games in the internet and watch him there.
He was highly rated. Managed to lead his team America to qualify to Brazilian Serie A when he was 17/18.
After that they sold him to Fluminense.
He had two injuries in his feet in 2015 and lost almost a year in his progression. Thats probably the reason why he is not at some bigger club.

He lost some goals in the EPL, like against Chelsea but its probably nerves because he is very clinical for that age.
Is ambidextrous, scores half his goals with the left.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Even if we are being generous in our reviews I don't mind. I enjoy seeing forums lift a player into the skies before hurling them down to the ground in quiet periods. It's like a cyber chokeslam.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Most of Jesus' and Salah's goals are like that, I would say they are special players.
Perhaps, but they are not special players because of their tap-ins. If you watch those two, you will see they are special, I don’t see that with Richarlison. Still early of course so who knows how good he will be.

TheOrgazoid

So they would have fewer minutes cos we would rotate them between 3 players for left wings. Mata is not left wing or striker. if we sell Mata, we would find new attacking midfielder/right wings, certainly not Richarlison.
Well won't always be tied down to rotating Martial and Rashford on LW.

We will eventually use them as CFs.

And so what if Richarlison takes minutes away from those players?

If he does then that would have meant that he must be better than them to force them out of the team.

Higher performance levels for him means better output for the team.

TheOrgazoid

I'm comparing impact; Arnautovic had a period a few years ago where he performed similiar to how Richarlison is now. But nothing came of it, save for a 20m transfer this year. Ayew the same 20m fee after a goalscoring season.
How much Richarlison cost Watford?

RooneyLegend

Wish the league had more Brazilian players. The mediocre Brazilian has much more ability than other mediocre players from around the world. Plus there's always late bloomers in Brazil whom people miss out on cause they aren't superstar youngsters. Shaktar rarely buys expensive players but they play great football.

Number1

The guy is brilliant, maybe a controversial thing to say (on here) but i would put on par with Martial in terms of where they are at now and potential ceiling.

Put it this way, if Martial left in the summer and this guy replaced him, imo it would be just a like for like replacement.

Smores

The self-perceived scouting abilities of an online football fan are astounding at times. It takes some skill to discount a 20 year old Brazilian in great form because you've watched them once or twice.

Opposite is true as well, half a game and posters will declare someone has massive potential.

deafepl

Well won't always be tied down to rotating Martial and Rashford on LW.

We will eventually use them as CFs.

And so what if Richarlison takes minutes away from those players?

If he does then that would have meant that he must be better than them to force them out of the team.

Higher performance levels for him means better output for the team.
Agreed that higher performance would be better for us but have to consider Rashford and Martial's future as all of them have potential to be good players, perhaps world class players. I wouldn't want us to waste money on an LW player when we are well stocked with CF and LW. So LB, RB, RW and perhaps AM are a top priority we should be looking to strengthen.

TheOrgazoid

Agreed that higher performance would be better for us but have to consider Rashford and Martial's future as all of them have potential to be good players, perhaps world class players. I wouldn't want us to waste money on an LW player when we are well stocked with CF and LW. So LB, RB, RW and perhaps AM are a top priority we should be looking to strengthen.
Rashford, Martial and players both young and talented like Richarlison are perfectly capable of playing RW.
Especially Rashford.

Martial, Rashford, Richarlison and possibly one more competing with LW, RW and even CF with Lukaku.

That's quality AND depth.

It what City have.

Zlatattack

Rashford, Martial and players both young and talented like Richarlison are perfectly capable of playing RW.
Especially Rashford.

Martial, Rashford, Richarlison and possibly one more competing with LW, RW and even CF with Lukaku.

That's quality AND depth.

It what City have.
If he's still good at the end of the 18/19 season we should think about it. Right now he's an unknown prospect, sometimes that's all it takes to get the jump on people.

TheOrgazoid

If he's still good at the end of the 18/19 season we should think about it. Right now he's an unknown prospect, sometimes that's all it takes to get the jump on people.
Agreed.
I would monitor exactly what it is he does so well (assuming he is still doing it well, whatever it is).

If it's beating players with ease and holding the ball really well then maybe we don't have to wait as long as the end of the 18/19 season to swoop: those types of 'intrinsic' attributes don't just vanish from a player.

If the only facet to his game is that he is scoring a lot of goals then yeah, wait a bit longer.

Although having said that, look at Kane as an example to the contrary.

Every United fan was claiming that he was a one-season wonder and that his mediocre spell at Millwall said more about his future prospests that smashing every of United's strikers for output.

It's a balance between going in too early and missing the chance to buy cheap.

Last edited:

Charles Miller

Wish the league had more Brazilian players. The mediocre Brazilian has much more ability than other mediocre players from around the world. Plus there's always late bloomers in Brazil whom people miss out on cause they aren't superstar youngsters. Shaktar rarely buys expensive players but they play great football.
Those new attacking players coming from Brazilian League in the last years are all playing with same level or better in europe: Malcom(Bordeaux), Richarlison, Gabriel Jesus, David Neres(Ajax) and some others.
The exception is Gabriel Barbosa, probably because he think hes a star.
In the case of Richarlison i know him since Serie B and i expect him to have a excellent career in big clubs of europe.
But we need to wait until next year to see whats his level in the EPL because the season in Brazil starts in january, so he could very well be in superior physical conditions than the other players at this point.

Reactions: Penna

SCP

Supports
Sporting Clube Portugal
I might consider David Neres over Richarlison from the 97 class.
I would say what Richarlison is doing so far in a top league is more impressive than Neres at Ajax, only time will tell tbh.

RooneyLegend

Those new attacking players coming from Brazilian League in the last years are all playing with same level or better in europe: Malcom(Bordeaux), Richarlison, Gabriel Jesus, David Neres(Ajax) and some others.
The exception is Gabriel Barbosa, probably because he think hes a star.
In the case of Richarlison i know him since Serie B and i expect him to have a excellent career in big clubs of europe.
But we need to wait until next year to see whats his level in the EPL because the season in Brazil starts in january, so he could very well be in superior physical conditions than the other players at this point.
My point is the prem is lacking in terms of a Brazilian contingent. While those guys maybe playing in Europe, the money is in the prem and if the clubs wanted them they'd be here in a jiffy.

Number1

Few good games and he's as good as Martial.
Martial (how the RedCafe see Martial) is not even good as Martial (in reality).

So me comparing him to Martial is not disrespectful to Martial in anyway, they both play in the same position, both have similar attributes, both show flashes of brilliance but both still very raw.