Television Rick & Morty

Rooney in Paris

Gerrard shirt..Anfield? You'll Never Live it Down
Scout
I didn't care much for the most recent episode and the Mad Max one but the rest of the season has been pretty great so far.
Agree with the Mad Max one which was really nothing special by their standards (but addressed how everyone was dealing with the separation quite well), but I thought the last one was pretty perfect, especially the first 5 minutes which didn't really let you know where the hell they were going with everything.
Does anyone else feel like they won't comfort-watch this season as much as the previous ones when it's all over? I can put on basically any episode from season 1 and 2 when I'm just making food or concentrating on nothing in particular, but only two episodes have made me feel that way this season (episode 1 and episode 6). I still think it's a great show but something's just missing from it this year and I can't quite put my finger on it.
It's highly subjective, but not me. I've already started re-watching some of the ones of this season, love them.

Mogget

Supports
Arsenal
Does anyone else feel like they won't comfort-watch this season as much as the previous ones when it's all over? I can put on basically any episode from season 1 and 2 when I'm just making food or concentrating on nothing in particular, but only two episodes have made me feel that way this season (episode 1 and episode 6). I still think it's a great show but something's just missing from it this year and I can't quite put my finger on it.
The Pickle Rick episode has been one of my favourite episodes of the show, it's definitely got plenty of rewatch value for me

OnlyTwoDaSilvas

Gullible
It's highly subjective, but not me. I've already started re-watching some of the ones of this season, love them.
Same. I rewatched all of the S3 episode on Saturday morning before watching the new one. Really great. Lots of jokes I missed the first time around. I'll definitely re-watch again when the season is done, for sure.

The episodes are great individually, but I love the linear story as a whole as well.

I really liked the Mad Max episode. Especially in the second half of it with the Morty and Summer robots. I don't think there has been any weak episodes not just in this season, but the show so far.

NinjaFletch

The Pickle Rick episode has been one of my favourite episodes of the show, it's definitely got plenty of rewatch value for me
Yep, I loved that one, but I think the others have been sadly largely forgettable. I guess I'll see how my opinion changes on a rewatch though.

Krits

I watched the first episode reverently (season 1). I didn't really get in to it? Why is this show being lauded? Should I just wait for it to grow on me?

Big-Red

Not actually very big
Staff
Supports
this year is my year on SM
I watched the first episode reverently (season 1). I didn't really get in to it? Why is this show being lauded? Should I just wait for it to grow on me?
Its a grower

Havak

Pokemon master
I watched the first episode a while ago, but Rick's constant 'burping' just grated on me so much that it ruined it for me and it was unwatchable. Not entirely sure why, but it was just the most fecking annoying thing. Is it a constant thing? Would I be able to just ignore it eventually? Everyone seems to say the show is great but from the first one I just wasn't seeing it. Should I give it another crack? I do love South Park, F is for Family and often leave Family Guy / American Dad on the TV at night while doing other things, so crude animated shows are fine with me.

RedTiger

Half mast
I watched the first episode a while ago, but Rick's constant 'burping' just grated on me so much that it ruined it for me and it was unwatchable. Not entirely sure why, but it was just the most fecking annoying thing. Is it a constant thing? Would I be able to just ignore it eventually? Everyone seems to say the show is great but from the first one I just wasn't seeing it. Should I give it another crack? I do love South Park, F is for Family and often leave Family Guy / American Dad on the TV at night while doing other things, so crude animated shows are fine with me.
First time I watched it I felt the same as you, the burping really put me off but I thought I'd watch a few more episodes. Thankfully the writers dialled the burping back and by the 4th episode It became hardly noticeable.

Mr Pigeon

Illiterate Flying Rat
Scout
Reading the history about Roiland and how he felt burnt out before making this as he had failed three times to get Fox to buy his work, I'm glad that this show is doing well.

Shane88

Actually Nostradamus
Agree that season 3 isn't as good, still very entertaining though.

I actually hate the Mad Max episode though. Watched it twice now and it's shite.

Mr Pigeon

Illiterate Flying Rat
Scout
I loved the first chaotic scene and then it fell flat after that (save for the only burp of the episode that was funny when Rick was having his poignant rant in front of the parents about Morty needing to branch out from school). The next episode got my attention and I've enjoyed the others I've seen since (7 so far)
It's one of those shows that once you understand its tone it really starts making sense.

Also, Rick is just an awesome character.

"What is my purpose?"
"You pass butter"

Runner

the first episode is the worst of the series unfortunately

Runner

It probably is the weakest, though I still like it. It's got its fair share of lol moments.

"It's okay to shoot them. They're robots!"
"Ahhh Glenn's bleeding to death! Someone call his wife and children!"
They're bureaucrats, i don't respect them :lol: was the line that sold me on the show.

Eriku

How on earth are people down on the first episode? There's a bunch that I'd consider weaker. The Jurassic park spoof, the purge, the one where Morty had a gazorpazorp kid...

I second the sentiment that the first episode set the tone perfectly from the first scene.

OnlyTwoDaSilvas

Gullible
How on earth are people down on the first episode? There's a bunch that I'd consider weaker. The Jurassic park spoof, the purge, the one where Morty had a gazorpazorp kid...

I second the sentiment that the first episode set the tone perfectly from the first scene.
I like it, infact there isn't an episode I don't like, but I do think it is slightly weaker than the rest, mostly because lots of things that become more subtle throughout the series are kind of OTT in the pilot. Like Rick's slurred speech and burping. The way they ironed it out after the first episode or two is very good. You're right that it sets the tone of the show perfectly though, right from the first scene. Pilots are normally pretty weak, as it must be so difficult to introduce everyone and give an idea of a premise right from the off, but they did it well. Better than most.

I don't think there is a single poor episode from the 2.5 seasons so far.

unchanged_lineup

Tarheel Tech Wizard
Leaving A Breakfast On All Of Your Doorsteps
Supports
Janet jazz jazz jam
Weighing in to say I don't really get people saying that the quality is down - the first episode of this season was fantastic. Unlike most though, I'm not the biggest fan of the Pickle Rick episode. I'll also second not liking the Anatomy Park episode.

In general, I'll watch every episode at least twice.

Mr Pigeon

Illiterate Flying Rat
Scout
Oh my fecking God. Mr Poopy Butthole :lol:.

This show is childish enough to bring a smile to my face but has enough intricacy to its sci-fi plot to make me feel intelligent for watching it. For me that's the balance.

Runner

Oh my fecking God. Mr Poopy Butthole :lol:.

This show is childish enough to bring a smile to my face but has enough intricacy to its sci-fi plot to make me feel intelligent for watching it. For me that's the balance.
best character on the show. :lol:
got a tee with him on it a year ago
Ooh Wee

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
That was Family Guy level stuff, didn't sit right with me.
I'm with Pigeot. The mixture of sillyness and more in depth stuff is what makes it so likeable.

They've not had a silly character this season yet have they? Unless Pickle Rick counts