Ridiculous Goalkeeping performances in a single game

neilv93

Yeah, I was surprised that everyone was saying Friedel in the matchday thread last night, when Neuer for Schalke against us was the best performance we've ever come up against. SAF said afterwards it was a shame he was off to Bayern. And then he went on being the best keeper in the world for many years.
My favourite part is Fergie was lingering on the pitch at FT and Neuer was the last one off the pitch, SAF just waiting around for that handshake. DDG has been a phenomenal servant and the best in the world in his own right for a portion of his career here but I do think imagine if we got Neuer instead - he was certainly more of the finished article at that point. But swings and roundabouts!

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
And another one!

Not quite Johnsson level which is what the thread was started for but yeah - watching that interview with him, knowing he's a United fan and it's his dream come true to play here, can't help but be chuffed for him.

diarm

12 saves apparently. If he'd stopped that last one he'd have equalled Johnsson.

Red the Bear

Something less generic
And another one!

Not quite Johnsson level which is what the thread was started for but yeah - watching that interview with him, knowing he's a United fan and it's his dream come true to play here, can't help but be chuffed for him.
The lad got the wrong memo, that's not the correct way to be a fan...

Reynoldo

The two saves from Rashford were very good. The rest were hit at him.

Good performance, nothing phenomenal.
Agree, he played very good but, as Keano would say, he’s a goalkeeper and that’s his job. A couple of great saves alright but not a performance for the ages or anything.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Ochoa in the 2014 world cup v Brazil was quite a famous one IIRC.

Brad Friedel v Man. United in any 2000s game.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Courtois vs Liverpool was the greatest performance of all time bar none, i wont have it otherwise la

Lyricist

Neuer against Porto comes to mind. But then there’s also Neuer at the 2014 WC against Algeria.
Another good one was Kevin Trapp against Bayern last season.

norm87cro

Imo he did have a great game but thats only because we let him. Bar that post one everything else was very saveable

kaku06

Neuer for Schalke vs United. 2011 champions league semifinal first leg in Gelsenkirchen.

Doracle

The keeper last night did well but a lot of the finishes were relatively poor. 2-3 very good saves.

Best I’ve seen this season was Pickford v Liverpool. Felt like he was pulling off a good save every 5 minutes in the second half and he made a ridiculous one right at the end as well to keep it 0-0.

Orton

Ati-virus, keeps missing the n button
Goaly played well but we are nowhere near clinical enough. Shit finishing has been a problem for so long. Scuffed shots and a lack of composure made that goalies game seem better than it was.

paulscholes18

Didn't save anything we wouldn't have criticized DDG for if he conceded one of those. Give a keeper a chance to save it 99% of the time they will

TheMagicFoolBus

Supports
Chelsea
Petr Cech in the CL final in 2012 against Bayern was ridiculous. Faced 6 penalties, went the right way on all 6, and saved 3 of them.

croadyman

Goaly played well but we are nowhere near clinical enough. Shit finishing has been a problem for so long. Scuffed shots and a lack of composure made that goalies game seem better than it was.
Yeah you have summed it up perfectly

croadyman

Imo he did have a great game but thats only because we let him. Bar that post one everything else was very saveable
Yeah need to be more clinical when facing that kind of team again in the league or drop points