Ridiculous offside decisions

Gio

★★★★★★★★
Supports
Rangers
The single biggest problem with offsides is that it's impossible to look at both the kicker and the line at the same time.
At normal speed you can see why the lino got that wrong as the striker's movement is absolutely supreme.
By the time the linesman has looked up the striker is a yard or two beyond the defender
I get that challenge with a tight call. Here though Berti is about 7 yards onside when the ball is struck. The lino just has to hold his hands up and admit he was day-dreaming.
What the hell is the Zico decision. How can the ref blow for full time as the ball comes in from a corner? :lol:
Clive Thomas was a total jobsworth. In his view time was up at that precise moment. :rolleyes:

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
The first 20 seconds only I'm apparently simultaneously lazy and stupid which has resulted in a series of pointless posts.
I am ashamed.
Time is precious brother. I've been ticked off for not reading an article the other day so i understand.

NotoriousISSY

$10mil and I fecked it up!
Not an offside goal, but do you remember that Nani goal Vs Spurs? It was hilarious, but he literally held the ball in his hands :lol:

IRELANDUNITED

Classic United getting all the decisions.

More like the usual situation where because we won all the ABU forgot such a scandalous call.

How did the linesman explain it to the ref?
"Well, Giggs knocked it into the corner..erm to himself..then played it behind himself into the box". Typical Elleray crap reffing.

Yeah, and I was amazed by the amount of decisions that went against us that season yet we still won the treble :cool: In one of the last games of the season we played a 2-2 draw with Liverpool at anfield, we were 2-0 up and cruising, the referee gave Liverpool a penalty for a perfectly good challenge from Blomqvist. The first leg of the CL semi final v Juve we had some shocking decisions go against us as well, we had a stonewall penalty turned down and Sheringham scored a goal that the linesman took about 10 seconds to rule out. But eh, the season didn't end that badly now did it ;)

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Not an offside goal, but do you remember that Nani goal Vs Spurs? It was hilarious, but he literally held the ball in his hands :lol:
There was one where the keeper thought he heard a whistle put the ball down, and nani simply passed into an empty net.

Not sure what the held the ball in his hands one was?

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
The main thing I'm taking from this thread is that we've been royally shafted on quite a few occasions.

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
This Argentina / Mexico one was pretty bad, made worse that it was replayed on the big screen for everyone to see

BobbyManc

Supports
Man City
Check out the decision to give Liverpool a penalty at 1:35 :eek:

Looks like a penalty to me, goes through the player before he gets the ball.

There was one where the keeper thought he heard a whistle put the ball down, and nani simply passed into an empty net.

Not sure what the held the ball in his hands one was?
Yeah he means that one, Nani put his hands on the ball when he fell over remember? And Gomes assumed it was a free kick and put the ball down. I mean it’s bizarre the goal stood tbh as both linesman and ref must have seen the handball but ignored it for whatever reason.

Gazza

Looks like a penalty to me, goes through the player before he gets the ball.
Nah, maybe you didn’t see the right replay, but he doesn’t make any contact with the Liverpool player at all, he hooks/sweeps his leg and gets all ball. I remember Andy Gray describing it as a great tackle at the time.