Riechedly Bazoer: Ajax Midfielder

Fer

Chelsea signing a young midfielder while they have Loftus cheek is absurd.
I think they need midfielders. They sold Ramires so Bazoer would make sense. Next season Fabregas, Matic and Mikel will be around 29, so a young mid could be their best choice.

Pink Moon

Supports
Celtic
Chelsea signing a young midfielder while they have Loftus cheek is absurd.
Maybe he's better than RLC? Loftus-Cheek is becoming pretty overrated, IMO. Bazoer has already played 3 times as many games for Ajax as he has for Chelsea and he also has an international cap.

There seems to be massive hype around RLC and I just find it strange given how little football he's actually played.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
I think they need midfielders. They sold Ramires so Bazoer would make sense. Next season Fabregas, Matic and Mikel will be around 29, so a young mid could be their best choice.
Plus Loftus-Cheek is just a decent young CM but not a good one.

the hea

I wouldn't think about joining seeing as Chelsea don't even have a manager set in place for next season. Why join a club that have good players in your position and where there isn't even a manager that's actively after you?
Maybe his big dream is to play for Vitesse, if so signing for Chelsea would be a great way to make that dream come true.

RooneyLegend

Seen nothing..as yet..to say that RLC will be any better than Mikel
wow
Maybe he's better than RLC? Loftus-Cheek is becoming pretty overrated, IMO. Bazoer has already played 3 times as many games for Ajax as he has for Chelsea and he also has an international cap.

There seems to be massive hype around RLC and I just find it strange given how little football he's actually played.
Doubt he is. Loftus Cheek is a spitting image of Rijkaard. Same class and grace, not his fault Chelsea have very little interest in developing anyone from their academy. I'm sure you can understand how much easier it is to get games at Ajax than it is at Chelsea. As for hype, anytime a great youth talent comes out the hype is sure to follow, they don't start playing at professional football.
Loftus Cheek and Bazoer are both box to box mids and are of a similar age. Wouldn't make sense to bring one in when you have the other.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016

It's honestly only RooneyLegend. I think Loftus-Cheek is related to him or something, his praise for the player is insane seeing as he has done absolutely nothing.

RooneyLegend

It's honestly only RooneyLegend. I think Loftus-Cheek is related to him or something, his praise for the player is insane seeing as he has done absolutely nothing.
Its like back in Pogba's United days, lots of people knew the player he could potentially become and were disappointed that he didn't get much game time. It's the same thing happening here, just to a different club. As i say, players have reputations before pro football for a reason, they don't just pop out of nowhere.

Nickosaur

I haven't been watching that closely tonight but this kid seems everywhere. Been tracking back well and looks physically suited for the PL.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Yeah, he's had a pretty good game. Kept Barkley pretty quiet for most of the match.

Devil may care

He tracked runs from midfield well and protected the back 4, I guess he couldn't bring the ball out as much as he'd do for Ajax given who was in midfield with him.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
Their midfield hopes pretty much rest on him. Are there any other top midfielders coming through for them?

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
Their midfield hopes pretty much rest on him. Are there any other top midfielders coming through for them?

andersj

Nick Powell Expert
Not his best performance, but considering it was in a new position at a higher level it was okey. Will be very surprised if we prefer Renato Sanches over him, but maybe van Gaal etc have information about him we dont?

Mark_GrumpyLion

I dare say that their midfield hopes pretty much rest on him. Can anyone tell me if there are any other top midfielders coming through for them?
Midfield is pretty good I think: Strootman, Klaassen, Clasie and Bazoer are all fledgling internationals with high ceilings. As mentioned by @Sammyjunn, there are more talents coming through. Attack/central defence is less hopeful I feel.

Sammyjunn

In Smalling's pocket (as every other person)
Midfield is pretty good I think: Strootman, Klaassen, Clasie and Bazoer are all fledgling internationals with high ceilings. As mentioned by @Sammyjunn, there are more talents coming through. Attack/central defence is less hopeful I feel.
Well defence, De Vrij, Willems, Riedewald, Tete, Kongolo, Pieters, Van Aanholt, Brume/Rekik/Ake (to some extent) all look like brilliant-decent talents for me. Especially Riedewald, Tete, Willems have the potential to end at a topclub imo.

Gol123

Mouthfull (of) Member
Supports
Chelsea
Well defence, De Vrij, Willems, Riedewald, Tete, Kongolo, Pieters, Van Aanholt, Brume/Rekik/Ake (to some extent) all look like brilliant-decent talents for me. Especially Riedewald, Tete, Willems have the potential to end at a topclub imo.
Ake is the best one there, why to some extent for him?

bucky

Van Dijk is young as well. Hoedt seems to be improving after his difficult start at Lazio. Think he's been one of their better players.

Mark_GrumpyLion

Ah you are right. Tlels me how little I pay attention to Dutch players not at Ajax/United. Riedewald and Tete are both highlights for sure.

Gol123

Mouthfull (of) Member
Supports
Chelsea
I dont agree with that, but besides that, I think he is between two positions. Full back and Central Back, that doesnt end properly most of the times.
He is performing bast out of those at the highest level of competition and is also one of the younger ones in that list.

Maldini played both LB and CB.

Sammyjunn

He is performing bast out of those at the highest level of competition and is also one of the younger ones in that list.

Maldini played both LB and CB.
He is too small (weak) imo to be a top cb, and I dont think he's got lets say Blind's intelligence to compensate that fully, and I dont even think he's defensively that sound. He's is good on the ball, but I dont think he has that drive and raw pace to be a great full back. He might play CDM one day, I think he could do a job there. Furthermore he isnt particularly one of the standouts for the Dutch youth teams.

Gol123

Mouthfull (of) Member
Supports
Chelsea
He is too small (weak) imo to be a top cb, and I dont think he's got lets say Blind's intelligence to compensate that fully, and I dont even think he's defensively that sound. He's is good on the ball, but I dont think he has that drive and raw pace to be a great full back. He might play CDM one day, I think he could do a job there. Furthermore he isnt particularly one of the standouts for the Dutch youth teams.
He is the best Dutch defender in the Premier League and is good defensively and solid going forwards. One of Watfords better players and their best defender. His reading of the game is pretty good for a player of his age too.

Also, he is younger then all the other Dutch guys in his position and has lots of time to grow as a player.

bucky

He is the best Dutch defender in the Premier League and is good defensively and solid going forwards. One of Watfords better players and their best defender. His reading of the game is pretty good for a player of his age too.

Also, he is younger then all the other Dutch guys in his position and has lots of time to grow as a player.
Yeah, he isn't.

Gol123

Mouthfull (of) Member
Supports
Chelsea
Yeah, he isn't.
Who is better? Daley Blind? Is he feck. Average defender protected by a negative system. What other Dutch defenders are there in the league?

Sammyjunn

Lets agree to disagree, I prefer both Blind, and Van Dijk by quite a distance actually. But they're older and more experienced ofcourse.

Robbie Boy

Maybe. Van Dijk is very overrated though due to his attacking prowess. His defensive side is suspect and in my opinion quite poor.
That's utter rubbish and cliched. Have a look at his stats for the season on any site and you will see that he has been excellent defensively this season. You're massively overrating Ake here.