Right Winger... Who do we go for?

Status
Not open for further replies.

C'mon FC

Supports
1. FC Köln
My suggestion would Ziyech from Ajax. Talented and good in 1v1.
He can get some more Kilos until the summer and from next year rock the PL.

Slevs

likes to play with penises
Someone who is a genuine winger. Can hug the touchline, beat a man and whip in a good cross. We've got enough players who can cut inside.

Devil may care

He can always overlap.
There's not much room to overlap with a touchline hugger ahead of you, I think we need to use a fluid front 3 that is greater than the sum of it's parts like Liverpool have done, as there aren't going to be many world class forwards available. The attacking width should be down to Dalot and Shaw IMO.

Fracture90

Let's go full crazy, Mbappe! If those rumours are to be believed they'll gotta come up with a lot of clean money before the start of the next season.

Andersons Dietician

Let's go full crazy, Mbappe! If those rumours are to be believed they'll gotta come up with a lot of clean money before the start of the next season.
Let’s not even think about that, my mind and body couldn’t take that possibility and I’d imagine PSG would rather lose Neymar than Mbappe so in true United tradition why not just get Neymar and play him on the right.

I was sure I saw a Douglas Costa thread on here but can’t find it but still if there is the slightest chance of Dembele I’m all in.

Fracture90

Let’s not even think about that, my mind and body couldn’t take that possibility and I’d imagine PSG would rather lose Neymar than Mbappe so in true United tradition why not just get Neymar and play him on the right.

I was sure I saw a Douglas Costa thread on here but can’t find it but still if there is the slightest chance of Dembele I’m all in.
But will Mbappe want to stick around after their budget is cut and they're forced to sell? I think not and if you combine that with Madrid going after Neymar, they won't be able to afford Mbappe as well so we'll have a good shoot at Mbappe in that case. Of course considering we improve significantly.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
There's not much room to overlap with a touchline hugger ahead of you, I think we need to use a fluid front 3 that is greater than the sum of it's parts like Liverpool have done, as there aren't going to be many world class forwards available. The attacking width should be down to Dalot and Shaw IMO.
A touch line hugger doesn't mean that is all he will be limited to do. We need a winger who has the ability to come inside and be a huge threat on the outside too. Dalot backing a winger like that up will make our right side an absolute nightmare for the opposition.

Johan07

Provided that Sanchez stays we dont need a RW. There are plenty of options in the current squad. We need to use our spending power and wage budget at CB and even more at CM next summer.

Eric's Seagull

so we'll have a good shoot at Mbappe in that case. Of course considering we improve significantly.
By reading this it has made my day would so much love to see MBappe here. Obviously slim chance but really hope it happens. My most exciting player to watch at the moment Please. Please. Please..............

Fracture90

By reading this it has made my day would so much love to see MBappe here. Obviously slim chance but really hope it happens. My most exciting player to watch at the moment Please. Please. Please..............
It would be pretty amazing, that would mean our attack is set for the next 10 years with Martial, Rashford and Mbappe :drool:

Andersons Dietician

But will Mbappe want to stick around after their budget is cut and they're forced to sell? I think not and if you combine that with Madrid going after Neymar, they won't be able to afford Mbappe as well so we'll have a good shoot at Mbappe in that case. Of course considering we improve significantly.
What are the latest rumours on the PSG financials? I don’t know the full story but eventually he surely has to leave PSG anyway and at that time I would hope someone at United has the common sense to stick their hand up and say we’ll take him how much you want?.

Personally I prefer him off the left or central but I haven’t seen much of him on the right as it’s rare that I watch PSG but even then if we did get him I’d prefer say the front 3 of Martial, Rashford, Mbappe all just rotating position it would be :drool::drool:

I still want Dembele though he’s another one that just has something special so hopefully there is say what 350 mil sitting in the coffers st United for the pair.

beingshe7don

Provided that Sanchez stays we dont need a RW. There are plenty of options in the current squad. We need to use our spending power and wage budget at CB and even more at CM next summer.
Sell Lukaku and play Sanchez up top results in free flowing football in the final third. That also makes space for a right winger. I wouldn't mind selling Lukaku for Douglas Costa and Mandzukic.

Mandzukic would offer the work rate and aerial threat and experience while Douglas Costa offers us width although my number one target for the RW will be O Dembele (even ahead of Neymar and Mbappe).

Martial --- Sanchez/ Rashford --- Dembele/ Lingard

Sanche7

Which is especially true if we are looking to get Poch as he doesn't use wingers but the width mainly comes from the full backs
If we get Poch, I think he will be focusing on getting a proper attacking LB who can cross well, a proper ball playing CB and a DM.

Fracture90

What are the latest rumours on the PSG financials? I don’t know the full story but eventually he surely has to leave PSG anyway and at that time I would hope someone at United has the common sense to stick their hand up and say we’ll take him how much you want?.

Personally I prefer him off the left or central but I haven’t seen much of him on the right as it’s rare that I watch PSG but even then if we did get him I’d prefer say the front 3 of Martial, Rashford, Mbappe all just rotating position.
Allegedly UEFA gotta try to save their face so they gonna try to make an example out of PSG. They will have to make north of 170 million in clean revenue (selling players) in order for them not to be kicked from CL for the foreseeable future.

Guy is a beast in any of the front 3 positions, absolutely lethal. Also I'm surprised you would go for Dembele before Sancho.

waza7111

It will be interesting if we actually sign one as we have Chong coming through and might not want to block his path. We could decide to make do with Lingard/Mata and then gradually promote Chong into the first team.

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20

Personally I prefer him off the left or central but I haven’t seen much of him on the right as it’s rare that I watch PSG but even then if we did get him I’d prefer say the front 3 of Martial, Rashford, Mbappe all just rotating position it would be :drool::drool:

I still want Dembele though he’s another one that just has something special so hopefully there is say what 350 mil sitting in the coffers st United for the pair.
Mbappe will be the last player to be sold. Neymar, Cavani will go before him - if it ever reaches that point.

Andersons Dietician

Allegedly UEFA gotta try to save their face so they gonna try to make an example out of PSG. They will have to make north of 170 million in clean revenue (selling players) in order for them not to be kicked from CL for the foreseeable future.

Guy is a beast in any of the front 3 positions, absolutely lethal. Also I'm surprised you would go for Dembele before Sancho.
I’m not on board the Sancho hype train, I think he is good but I’ve watch Dembele since Rennes and just think overall he is a far superior player. Plus I’m Scottish so I don’t have the nationality blinkers on.

I think Sancho would be better to stay where he is for a season or 2 more then move there isn’t any real rush for him and he is playing in a good team and frequently.

That would be intresting if they do make an example out of them but sure we’ve heard this before so they’ll probably get away with nothing but here is hoping.

Johan07

Which is especially true if we are looking to get Poch as he doesn't use wingers but the width mainly comes from the full backs
If we get Poch, I think he will be focusing on getting a proper attacking LB who can cross well, a proper ball playing CB and a DM.
Yeah, a lot will depend on who will be the next manager and how he wants to play. For now, we are stacked offensively and we should use the rest of the season to evaluate the current players. Its not the time for playing FM now.
Its not fair to judge the current offensive squad for how they performed under Mourinho. It will be interesting to see how players like Sanchez and Lukaku performs in a more offensive system as we played yesterday.
Those two take up more than half of our wage bill offensively and if they dont perform the rest of the season, we should look to replace them IMO. Which makes the whole discussion completely different.
On the other hand, a player like Lukaku might flourish if he does not have to play with his back to the opponent´s goal most of the game. Debatable maybe when it comes to Lukaku, but Sanchez should look much, much better.
We will see I guess.
Regardless of the new manager I would like us to go for two CMs this summer - not one -, one top, top class in his prime and one almost there.

Devil may care

A touch line hugger doesn't mean that is all he will be limited to do. We need a winger who has the ability to come inside and be a huge threat on the outside too. Dalot backing a winger like that up will make our right side an absolute nightmare for the opposition.
The pure touchline wingers are usually about the crossing, what you're describing is rarely an actual touchline hugger, I think we need a Martial for the RW, a player that can on occassion go on the outside, but who plays narrower and can create those triangles with the other 2 forwards.

Kostov

It will be interesting if we actually sign one as we have Chong coming through and might not want to block his path. We could decide to make do with Lingard/Mata and then gradually promote Chong into the first team.
If Ole could give the kid a chance I think we have a proper player in our hands. Come on Ole.

Sanche7

Yeah, a lot will depend on who will be the next manager and how he wants to play. For now, we are stacked offensively and we should use the rest of the season to evaluate the current players. Its not the time for playing FM now.
Its not fair to judge the current offensive squad for how they performed under Mourinho. It will be interesting to see how players like Sanchez and Lukaku performs in a more offensive system as we played yesterday.
Those two take up more than half of our wage bill offensively and if they dont perform the rest of the season, we should look to replace them IMO. Which makes the whole discussion completely different.
On the other hand, a player like Lukaku might flourish if he does not have to play with his back to the opponent´s goal most of the game. Debatable maybe when it comes to Lukaku, but Sanchez should look much, much better.
We will see I guess.
Regardless of the new manager I would like us to go for two CMs this summer - not one -, one top, top class in his prime and one almost there.
I don't think Lukaku is a Poch type forward. He likes his CF to be able to drop back get involved in build up play, which is not what Lukaku us best at. I can see Martial being his first choice CF.
I can certainly see Sanchez doing much better but the forward line of Rashford Martial Sanchez IMO lacks that World Class player, of course Rash/Martial can develop into one. If those rumours of Juve wanting Lukaku are true, I hope we ask for Dybala in return but then again he's way more effective through the middle.

I would like us to go for Eriksen and play him as right sided midfielder/winger. Pogba as an attacking 8,Fred/ Herrera as the workhorse doing all the running and a proper DM at the base. A new LB like Alex Tellas who allegedly has a 35 million release clause and maybe two CBs, preferably Toby and De Ligt.

I know it's not going to be possible in one window as it would cost 250 plus million and would change almost half the team.
We should first try to offload players like Fellaini, Valencia, Rojo, Jones, Darmian which should get us 60-70 million. After that one big investment would do as the spine of the team would be rather young DDG - De Ligt - Pogba - Martial

Canagel

If we want Mbappe we should get Zidane. The only manager I could see that convince him of new challenge

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
We do need one. We don't have a single genuine winger at this club.

Johan07

I don't think Lukaku is a Poch type forward. He likes his CF to be able to drop back get involved in build up play, which is not what Lukaku us best at. I can see Martial being his first choice CF.
I can certainly see Sanchez doing much better but the forward line of Rashford Martial Sanchez IMO lacks that World Class player, of course Rash/Martial can develop into one. If those rumours of Juve wanting Lukaku are true, I hope we ask for Dybala in return but then again he's way more effective through the middle.

I would like us to go for Eriksen and play him as right sided midfielder/winger. Pogba as an attacking 8,Fred/ Herrera as the workhorse doing all the running and a proper DM at the base. A new LB like Alex Tellas who allegedly has a 35 million release clause and maybe two CBs, preferably Toby and De Ligt.

I know it's not going to be possible in one window as it would cost 250 plus million and would change almost half the team.
We should first try to offload players like Fellaini, Valencia, Rojo, Jones, Darmian which should get us 60-70 million. After that one big investment would do as the spine of the team would be rather young DDG - De Ligt - Pogba - Martial
Thereabout in transfer fees I guess.
Transfer fees has never been the issue for us though, everything we do now in the transfer market has to do with our wage-bill, which already is the largest in the PL.
Thing is that you have listed 4 of the cheapest players we have in the squad wage-wise, plus Fellaini, who is a major earner.
Getting rid of the other four will do diddly squat or even be financially unsound since we will have to pay more in wages to replace them with four new players in the squad.
Eriksen will demand Sanchez-money in wages to sign, which means that just by getting rid of those five players and signing Eriksen (which will never happen btw, but its a good example); plus squad replacements for the others; we will actually have inflated our wage bill in even more than it already is. Thus, there will be no room for signing anyone else.
If we are going to act seriously in the market this summer the reality is that we need to sell not just one but a couple of Matic, Lukaku, Fellaini, Pogba, Sanchez plus not putting De Gea on a new contract = losing him. There you have almost half of our wage bill.
Thats the reality of things. What we do with our squad players will probably just have a detrimental effect if we start to getting rid of those imagining that it will make it possible for us to make new signings.
It will not.

Johan07

We do need one. We don't have a single genuine winger at this club.
Im not going into semantics about what a "genuine" winger is and why we should need one if we go for a manager like Pochettino that does not use the type of "genuine wingers", I guess you are talking about.
Spurs just put 6 by Everton with Eriksen and Son on the "wings". We put 5 by Cardiff yday with Martial and Lingard on the "wings".
There are just not many clubs today that play with "genuine wingers"; again; it depends on what manager we bring in. We have plenty multifunctional players in our squad as it is now. This hunt for a "genuine" RW is overrated IMO.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
Im not going into semantics about what a "genuine" winger is and why we should need one if we go for a manager like Pochettino that does not use the type of "genuine wingers", I guess you are talking about.
Spurs just put 6 by Everton with Eriksen and Son on the "wings". We put 5 by Cardiff yday with Martial and Lingard on the "wings".
There are just not many clubs today that play with "genuine wingers"; again; it depends on what manager we bring in. We have plenty multifunctional players in our squad as it is now. This hunt for a "genuine" RW is overrated IMO.
When I write "genuine wingers', I don't mean tradition players like Beckham'Valencia. I simply mean players who do their best work in wide areas. Even if they don't always start, I think every top squad needs a few. Lingard isn't one. He spends the majority of his time behind the front man. Martial, you can say is one but is he enough? You used Spurs an example. They have Son, Moura and Lamela. City has Sane, Sterling and Mahrez. We don't have enough imo.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
The pure touchline wingers are usually about the crossing, what you're describing is rarely an actual touchline hugger, I think we need a Martial for the RW, a player that can on occassion go on the outside, but who plays narrower and can create those triangles with the other 2 forwards.
I'm talking about a winger who has the ability to knock it down the line like a peak Robben who also did everything else you mention. Someone with searing pace like the Dutch flyer. We might have to develop one from the academy.

Fracture90

I’m not on board the Sancho hype train, I think he is good but I’ve watch Dembele since Rennes and just think overall he is a far superior player. Plus I’m Scottish so I don’t have the nationality blinkers on.

I think Sancho would be better to stay where he is for a season or 2 more then move there isn’t any real rush for him and he is playing in a good team and frequently.

That would be intresting if they do make an example out of them but sure we’ve heard this before so they’ll probably get away with nothing but here is hoping.
That explains that :D but still Sancho is pretty darn good himself. Don't think Dembele will ever be sold by Barca even with all his disciplinary issues. Immensely talented player though.

I'm all for that and I think UEFA will finally get something done since now they're being pressured by other big clubs into action after those leaked papers.

Eric's Seagull

That explains that :D but still Sancho is pretty darn good himself. Don't think Dembele will ever be sold by Barca even with all his disciplinary issues. Immensely talented player though.

I'm all for that and I think UEFA will finally get something done since now they're being pressured by other big clubs into action after those leaked papers.
I've heard silly prices like £150m being quoted already and Barca and Real supposed to be after him. If someone has chance of getting him do it soon as if he keeps on playing like this the "young English" factor could push it towards the £200m mark.

goofygoofygoofy

Status
Not open for further replies.