Right Winger... Who do we go for?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kostov

That Akanji lad came out last week and said that despite him being a life long MUFC fan, he doesn't watch our games anymore because we're crap under Mourinho.

Though I agree with the notion we should be going after both of them.
Give Dortmund £120m for Sancho+Akanji.
Akanji is pretty shit himself to be honest. He shouldn’t worry about playing for us any time soon anyway.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
We need a winger who has the ability to provide width similar to Leroy Sane. We don't have anyone that is similar to Sane in our first 11 and hence it's easy for opposition to defend against us. Dalot will hopefully provide a threat from RB but I want to see us sign a genuine winger who is threatening going inside and will stretch teams running down the touch line on the outside like Giggs, Kanchelskis and Ronaldo did in the past. City have Sane who would've been perfect for us imo but hopefully we can sign someone similar before long.

Champagne Football

Just pay whatever it takes for Jadon Sancho in the summer and we're sorted for a very long time. Get Declan Rice and Neves in the summer for central mid along with a new manager and a centreal defender in January and we'll be a proper side again

Canagel

I'd like a left footed winger. I have a soft spot for left footed wingers that cut inside from the right. Or play on the left even. We haven't had many of those I don't think.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
I'd like a left footed winger. I have a soft spot for left footed wingers that cut inside from the right. Or play on the left even. We haven't had many of those I don't think.
We have a young Dutch winger that's highly rated that fits the profile you want. Think he'll be part of the first team next season.

Canagel

We have a young Dutch winger that's highly rated that fits the profile you want. Think he'll be part of the first team next season.
I hope so I hope so but I don't think he'll be ready to go straight to the first team even next season. But definitely a squad option at least . Why we didn't try for Mahrez I will never understand. We should've targeted him the first summer after Leciester won the league.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
I hope so I hope so but I don't think he'll be ready to go straight to the first team even next season. But definitely a squad option at least . Why we didn't try for Mahrez I will never understand. We should've targeted him the first summer after Leciester won the league.
I wanted Mahrez too, another one bites the dust.

City have Sane, Sterling and Mahrez, and Liverpool have Mane and Salah. We need to match their quality.

BalanceUnAutreJoint

Just sign Thauvin already.
He's a goal and assist machine.
I don't even see any argument against him, he plays in Ligue 1 well how's that worse than Lozano who plays in the Eredivise?

Better numbers than Mbappe in ligue 1 over the entire year, he is carrying a mediocre team this season and has incredible numbers.

Eric's Seagull

Although ship might have sailed in take Perisic for a couple of years, let Chong learn off him then bed him in. If Perisic not available try for someone like Hirving Lozano

Danish Wizard

Give Chong a chance.

Hopefully we don't sign Pulisic. If we sign him, it's only for commercial reasons, as Jadon Sancho is a bigger talent. We should get him back to Manchester.

Fracture90

Give Chong a chance.

Hopefully we don't sign Pulisic. If we sign him, it's only for commercial reasons, as Jadon Sancho is a bigger talent. We should get him back to Manchester.
If we get a proper attacking manager that's good with youth and if we manage to lure Sancho here, imagine our attack in years to come. Martial, Sanchez, Sancho, Chong, Gomes, Greenwood...

Just sign Thauvin already.
He's a goal and assist machine.
I don't even see any argument against him, he plays in Ligue 1 well how's that worse than Lozano who plays in the Eredivise?

Better numbers than Mbappe in ligue 1 over the entire year, he is carrying a mediocre team this season and has incredible numbers.
Not a bad shout.
But just how badly did he do at Newcastle ?

BalanceUnAutreJoint

Not a bad shout.
But just how badly did he do at Newcastle ?
Bad enough but he didn't want to be there, he was sold because Marseille needed cash, he never wanted to play for them.
And more importantly, he's massively improved since then.
His first season back from Newcastle wasn't amazing, from 16/17 to today though there's a vast improvement and consistently good statistics.

Fracture90

Sancho is such a crafty little bugger, just need a coach (not saying Favre isn't one) that's good with youth to work with him on his finishing and decision making.

Ace of Spades

Bad enough but he didn't want to be there, he was sold because Marseille needed cash, he never wanted to play for them.
And more importantly, he's massively improved since then.
His first season back from Newcastle wasn't amazing, from 16/17 to today though there's a vast improvement and consistently good statistics.
This could be an option, not many that pop out anywhere. @JPRouve , @kouroux what do you think of Thauvin, do the numbers flatter him or is he good option ??

Synco

Lucio's #1 Fan
I like very much. He has matured a lot since his first stint in the PL. Great player who is carrying OM on his shoulders basically
How is Payet doing? He seemed to have been instrumental for Marseille a while ago. Barely featured for France as well since some time.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
How is Payet doing? He seemed to have been instrumental for Marseille a while ago. Barely featured for France as well since some time.
Since the Euros he's struggled a little and has little by little given the reigns of the team to Thauvin. Their problem is that they cannot defend to save their lives

Rocknrolla69er

I think it’s glaringly obvious who we go for Jadon Sancho, the kids an assist machine and plays with flair and no fear some of the suggestions are hilarious players who have been awful At lesser clubs than United or players with poor attitudes

Bid £50m see where the land lies

VorZakone

What would Kenny G do?
Cristian Pavon? Don't know much about him, but seems to be highly regarded.

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
David Brooks, anyone? Not really a world beater, but would be a decent signing with good potential.

ManchesterYoda

Barcelona aren't using Malcom. I'd go for him as first choice. No shame being kept out the team by Messi!
Suso might be a good option and don't think he would cost that much either. I can see both as exciting to watch United players.
By the way, I would promote both Chong and Greenwood too. We need more than one right sided attacker. New signing/Chong/Greenwood for the right is what I want for Christmas.

Status
Not open for further replies.