Right Winger... Who do we go for?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
Chiesa has improved so much in 2018......he should be our No.1 target and he should also be obtainable in January.
Is he? He's my no 1 target for the right wing and I think he is a Mourinho player all over as well, but I think Fiorentina are extremely reluctant to sell.

endless_wheelies

feeling dizzy
The formation vs Burnley worked really well tbf with Pogba drifting into the right hand space and Valencia offering width (to the best of his ability) also, will work even better when Dalot is available.

If that continues to work we could just wait on Chong, although I have a feeling Pulisic will be available next summer which Woodward will be all over for the American market; failing that Sessegnon will also be right up Woodward's street and probably be more Mourinho-like than Pulisic.

Last edited:

Sean_RedDevil

Twitter bot
I've rarely seen him play an entire match, but he looks quality in the highlights. Very good dribbler, cool finisher with a nasty shot on him. You think he can take that level into the PL?
Yes i think he has the potential to be a brilliant signing for us.....of course he must work hard and he must like the life in Manchester like all foreign signings.....but i guess in a few months everyone will speak about him like about Mbappe in April 2018 ("What 100m for Mbappe....great talent but that would be a massive risk").
Is he? He's my no 1 target for the right wing and I think he is a Mourinho player all over as well, but I think Fiorentina are extremely reluctant to sell.
Of course we must make a "fair offer" to the The Della Valle family.

Kostov

Yes i think he has the potential to be a brilliant signing for us.....of course he must work hard and he must like the life in Manchester like all foreign signings.....but i guess in a few months everyone will speak about him like about Mbappe in April 2018 ("What 100m for Mbappe....great talent but that would be a massive risk").

Between him and Pulisic who would like take for our RW? I'd love Pulisic, but Chiesa and Bailey are good options also.

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
Ah OK, yeah, they have spoken about turning down a £63m offer in the summer. I think you're right, it will be a similar story if we don't loosen the purse strings on this one. He looks extremely good technically and determined in his play style, really pleasing on the eye.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
It's hilarious how vacant that side is most of the time for us. So many times per game I'll watch one of our midfielders look there, realise it's empty and then have to wait for poor Valencia to gallop back up that side.

We must be the only team who basically operate without a ride side of attack.

Sean_RedDevil

Twitter bot
Between him and Pulisic who would like take for our RW? I'd love Pulisic, but Chiesa and Bailey are good options also.
I'm must honestly say that my girlfriend is a Fiorentina fan therefore i have seen 25-30 games with Chiesa and just a few full games with Pulisic & Bailey (Obviously all three are much better options than Mata or Lingard)......like said Chiesa is a massive talent, he is perfect for our 4-3-3 and like @Lash has said he is also a "Mourinho attacking player".

Sean_RedDevil

Twitter bot
Ah OK, yeah, they have spoken about turning down a £63m offer in the summer. I think you're right, it will be a similar story if we don't loosen the purse strings on this one. He looks extremely good technically and determined in his play style, really pleasing on the eye.
To reject £63m is "easy" (;)) if the player wants to stay for several reasons and the club knows that they will get more money for him in the next transfer windows.

Bayern Munich have a scout for him at every home game since months (Okay apparently the scout lives near Florence) and surely other top clubs are interested in him too......i wanted Dybala so much for us during his time at Palermo so i hope this time the same will not happen with Chiesa.

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
To reject £63m is "easy" (;)) if the player wants to stay for several reasons and the club knows that they will get more money for him in the next transfer windows.

Bayern Munich have a scout for him at every home game since months (Okay apparently the scout lives near Florence) and surely other top clubs are interested in him too......i wanted Dybala so much for us during his time at Palermo so i hope this time the same will not happen with Chiesa.
True. They know he will be worth a lot more after a good half or season!

Yeah, I thought the bid may have been Chelsea, but didn’t know that about bayern. We can just Premier league them and blow them out the water :D.

Me too, I was all aboard the Pastore train when he was there, as well - not sure that would have worked out for us though.

Alabaster Codify7

We won't sign one. We seem to be destined to have at least one horribly imbalanced aspect of our starting 11 that we choose to ignore, currently it's RW.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
It's hilarious how vacant that side is most of the time for us. So many times per game I'll watch one of our midfielders look there, realise it's empty and then have to wait for poor Valencia to gallop back up that side.

We must be the only team who basically operate without a ride side of attack.

It’s like we’re playing with ten men or something - you can’t even see Lingard’s red dot!

SparkedIntoLife

There's increasing hype about Nicolas Pepe, the 23 year old Ivorian right winger who plays for Lille. He has scored 13 goals in 36 games for Lille and 3 in 8 caps for his national team from the right wing. He's 6 foot and physical, left footed which would provide nice balance for us and appears to take responsibility defensively.

Anyone see him regularly? What's your opinion on him?

VanthemanParkPSV

Supports
PSV
This. A proper RW would transform our attack.
United should go for Hirving Lozano from PSV. This guy has killer speed and a winners mentality. He is runs a lot for the team and his ball controll and vision are excellent. He always scores or gives an assist and he is way to good for the Eredivisie. He is also important for the national squad

MyOnlySolskjaer

Creator of Player Performance threads
United should go for Hirving Lozano from PSV. This guy has killer speed and a winners mentality. He is runs a lot for the team and his ball controll and vision are excellent. He always scores or gives an assist and he is way to good for the Eredivisie. He is also important for the national squad
Hasn’t he been more of a LW? Really think he’s talented though. Much more than Depay ever was. Just has great natural ability, PSV did really well to sign him.

EDIT: Just seen he’s been playing both wings doing well.

Devil may care

Dembele all out.
The only way I could see Barca doing a deal is if Pogba was going the other way and given Dembele has attitude issues himself I don't see him wanting to come to us regardless, if we have the same manager as maverick, flair attackers don't thrive here.

Colombian Mancunian

Dembele all out.
The only way I could see Barca doing a deal is if Pogba was going the other way and given Dembele has attitude issues himself I don't see him wanting to come to us regardless, if we have the same manager as maverick, flair attackers don't thrive here.
Heck no! DembeWho? Is inconsistent, has mentality issues and in his best season ever only achieved 8 goals in all competition. He is the most overrated player since Pastore! It amazes how people overrate him on the Caf. Even our own youngsters Rashford and Martial are far superior to him, and if he were here, most of the people who laud him would crucify him.

Dembewho? For Pogba. Never! Paul is worth four guys like him.

Prefer Lozano or Pulisic a million times over DembeWho?

Reactions: golden_blunder

ActionJackson

We are the richest club in the world yet we aren't suggesting the best players in the world. If we seriously want to get back to the top of English football and challenging for CL then we should go after the best and the best in that position is Salah. Real Madrid wanted the best when they went and bought Figo from Barca so there should be no reason we can't get Salah but we all know the board would never manage it.

NinjaFletch

Heck no! DembeWho? Is inconsistent, has mentality issues and in his best season ever only achieved 8 goals in all competition. He is the most overrated player since Pastore! It amazes how people overrate him on the Caf. Even our own youngsters Rashford and Martial are far superior to him, and if he were here, most of the people who laud him would crucify him.

Dembewho? For Pogba. Never! Paul is worth four guys like him.

Prefer Lozano or Pulisic a million times over DembeWho?
I think that worked better in your head.

Billy Blaggs

Flacco of the Blaggs tribe
We are the richest club in the world yet we aren't suggesting the best players in the world. If we seriously want to get back to the top of English football and challenging for CL then we should go after the best and the best in that position is Salah. Real Madrid wanted the best when they went and bought Figo from Barca so there should be no reason we can't get Salah but we all know the board would never manage it.
Who was the last player we bought from Liverpool or them from us?

stevoc

Liverpool would never sell their best player to United, it's a total non starter. The clubs haven't bought or sold to each other in over 50 years. That's not going to change any time soon.

Personally i wouldn't even want United to sign a Liverpool player no matter how good.

MyOnlySolskjaer

Liverpool would never sell their best player to United, it's a total non starter. The clubs haven't bought or sold to each other in over 50 years. That's not going to change any time soon.

Personally i wouldn't even want United to sign a Liverpool player no matter how good.
Not going to lie but if in 07 you told me we would agree to sign Torres from them I’d be buzzing.

Colombian Mancunian

I think that worked better in your head.
Tell me what I said that was wrong:

Dembele only got 8 goals in his best season (in all competitions!): check.

Martial and Rashford are better than him: check. Bro have Alfred more goals in tougher leagues.

He is overrated: yes he is. He is nowhere worth what Barcelona paid for him.

Inconsistent and with bad mentality: look at his last year at Can Barça.

A big no to him, unless he comes for 50 millions or less.

If there were a misusage of grammar, take into account that English isn’t my native language.

stevoc

Not going to lie but if in 07 you told me we would agree to sign Torres from them I’d be buzzing.
Fair enough mate but i just couldn't accept them. Owen had left Liverpool 5 years before he joined United and been at two other clubs and i still hated seeing him in a United shirt.

MyOnlySolskjaer

Fair enough mate but i just couldn't accept them. Owen had left Liverpool 5 years before he joined United and been at two other clubs and i still hated seeing him in a United shirt.
How would you feel about someone like Xabi Alonso, around the time our midfield was seriously declining a few years back. He's not a cnut as well. Would you have said no?

Ether

Salah makes an absolute killing in Klopp's system, it's tailor made for players like him get on the end of chances. I reckon he'd look half the player at United.

If you're talking about signing players from a PL rival, we should seriously be looking at Eriksen. A wide playmaker who can score and create would give this team great balance opposite a more direct winger like Alexis/Martial/Rashford.

stevoc

How would you feel about someone like Xabi Alonso, around the time our midfield was seriously declining a few years back. He's not a cnut as well. Would you have said no?
Yes.

It's nothing to do with personality or talent, Alonso seems like a nice guy and he was a cracking player. But i just wouldn't want any Liverpool players at United, and vice versa i wouldn't want to see any former United players at Liverpool. I have a mild dislike for Ince to this day for playing for Liverpool. I didn't even like the thought of O'Shea going there.

I like the fact that the rivalry between the clubs runs so deep that players moving between the teams for the last half century at least just doesn't happen.

GimmeAKitKat

Four Brown Fingers
Whats this Right Wing you all speak of?

Clearly a made up position that does not exist.

Forward positions come in rare central and almost always left sided types, not right.....what a nonsensical question.

Carlsen19

Don't listen to my lies RE: Lineups
I really like Felipe Anderson, he would have been great for us I think.

MyOnlySolskjaer

Thauvin has 5 goals in 3 starts and 2 sub appearances. Carrying on last season's form I guess

Highlights of last match

https://mscom1.matchat.online/embed/Y6zViHsOoA

Header at 2:30 to break the deadlock

4:05 for his 2nd with his left foot

Still seems like the best option in terms of end product that we could realistically get
To any Newcastle watchers, why is it that he never worked out over there? Really looks like a great player and is doing well.

Rob Bowman

I would love to see us sign some talent. I also agree Salah is amazing but regardless I do not see that happening for all the reasons stated. So who then?

Pulsic has be great potential and a favorite of mine, and Chiesa is interesting but I do not know enough but what about Dybala?

He is getting no time in Juventus right now and talk is he is looking to leave. So if he is available (yes a big if) would that work?

http://www.blamefootball.com/2018/0...-january-claims-the-owner-of-his-former-club/

Status
Not open for further replies.