Right Winger... Who do we go for?

Status
Not open for further replies.

breakout67

Supports
Man City
I've been banging the Thauvin and Suso drum for a while. I would prefer Thauvin as he is more suited to the league and has good wing play. I've grown tired of small technical players on the wing.

NoPace

How’s Inaki Williams doing at the moment? Haven’t watched him much lately, but I always thought he had something. Rapid, and has a goal in him too.
Don't think he's really creative or good enough at getting on the ball for us to be the best fit with Martial on the opposite wing. I'd rather a winger or a creative type constantly looking to get on the ball.

NoPace

I still don't see why Sanchez isn't given a proper go as our right winger. Some players have still been productive on their wing without inverting (City do it, Callejon) or touchline crossing types. We know he has skill and should be a decent goal threat. He's lost a yard of pace and that will hurt him out right but Rashford drifts wide so he can come in a bit too and Pogba and Fred look capable of playing through balls so he can still get chances to get in behind.

Footyislife

Personally I think we're fine with a fluid front 3 of Martial, Sanchez, Rashford (or Lukaku). But to contend CL & EPL we need one more decent winger for insurance if Martial/Sanchez/Rashford suffer injuries or inconsistencies. Lingard/Mata on that RW to me is just not good enough.

Hudson Odoi is the best value for money atm, easily better than Lingard already. If he's available for £40m sign the kid while Chelsea is pissed at Bayern & Bayern being stingy. He's probably worth up to a £50m punt in this market.

Backup plan I'd look at Douglas Costa. But doubt Juve sell him.

NoPace

If this Juicy Coutinhoure story winds up being true, does he go on the right wing or what exactly?
Maybe 4-3-3 with Coutinho as the RW/10 Lingard plays as now in tougher games, and in easier games a 4-3-3 with Coutinho as the other midfielder along with Pogba and a DM in a really attacking trio like City or at times Barcelona have favoured.

So basically, Martial and Rashford in attack, Pogba and Coutinho creating, a DM (Herrera I imagine) and then the 6th guy in the front 6 depending on tactics for that game, either a right winger or another midfielder.

AgentP

If this Juicy Coutinhoure story winds up being true, does he go on the right wing or what exactly?
His biggest strength is cutting in from the left and curling one in. I would rather we went for Dembele who actually plays in the position that we need. Anyway, I don't believe in these rumors at all.

Trizy

The only one I can think of is Sancho. He's a classic United type signing. Unbelievable ability, huge potential and very young.

Alabaster Codify7

We are not getting fecking Coutinho, why is this even being discussed?!
He'd cost £200m and why would he go from Barcelona to a team struggling to make top 4, who also happen to be the arch rivals of his former club?

United Pro

Everton Soares looks quite an impressive talent at Gremio. He's a LW by trade and is still in Brazil but I think he'll make the cut when he moves to Europe. He also looks technically good enough to play anywhere across the front line.

onemanarmy

The only one I can think of is Sancho. He's a classic United type signing. Unbelievable ability, huge potential and very young.
I agree. If we'd get Sancho, one top defender and an experienced right back would sort our team out. We'd have a very young first team too.

Devil may care

It's crucial that we try Sanchez in this position for a few games, I worry he's declined into Rooney territory overall but we have to give this a go as he could hold the fort out there for a season if he finds some form.

Fosu-Mens

It's crucial that we try Sanchez in this position for a few games, I worry he's declined into Rooney territory overall but we have to give this a go as he could hold the fort out there for a season if he finds some form.
Not into Rooney territory yet, as his touch is still good. But physically he has declined, and he is not as dangerous on 1v1. Could be used in the same way as Mata, albeit Mata is a very intelligent player and Sanchez can hold his own defensively for now.

In Rainbows

I don't think he's going to leave after this season though. I would love him too, but think we should go after him the following season.

buckooo1978

if you base it on whoscored (I don't regularly watch football in France, Germany or Spain) the clear front runners are Sancho, Dembele, Pepe, Suso and Thorgan Hazard)

Pepe and Suso seem most achievable from that lot

interesting to see Nani with 13 games, 6 goals and 3 assists

ideally you want to see our scouts do their job for a change - maybe with a change in management we will see a change in transfer focus

TrebleFan99

Can Gomes play RW?

If not then I'd like to see Sanchez get a run at RW - if he can't cut it then I'm good with Lingard there until the summer.

Would like CB asap though. Please Ed?

Macedonian Red

I read somwhere Juve want to sell Dybala next summer. Bring him to OT. Would be fit perfect at our RW.

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
Bit knee-jerky from me, but we should keep tabs on that Jack Clarke at Leeds. Looks a talent for the RW.

Jibbs

Overrated.
His close control and bursts of speed are phenomenal. He will be perfect addition on right wing for united, he is strong, direct, runs fast at defenders and has that cool left foot finishing, like martial's.

luke511

His close control and bursts of speed are phenomenal. He will be perfect addition on right wing for united, he is strong, direct, runs fast at defenders and has that cool left foot finishing, like martial's.
He goes missing way too often, he isn't utd quality in my opinion.

Jibbs

He goes missing way too often, he isn't utd quality in my opinion.
To be fair, some of our attacking players do too, I think it is somewhat necessary for attacking players to conserve their energy and utilize it for most productive purposes, Ronaldo has perfected this art for himself.

ArjenIsM3

There's loads of options out there really. Don't care who we sign as long as it isn't someone old and we aren't overpaying for mediocrity again.

RedCurry

Any good technically gifted, high stamina, quick right wingers out there that I can Youtube?

SiRed

Is this the same Thauvin that went to Newcastle for a brief spell?? Didnt really do anything but looked tricky!

Scholsey2004

Can Gomes play RW?

If not then I'd like to see Sanchez get a run at RW - if he can't cut it then I'm good with Lingard there until the summer.

Would like CB asap though. Please Ed?
Gomes is technically fantastic but he's not quick. They seem to be grooming him for a cam role. Could conceivably play in attack but he'd be a bit of a mata.

Escobar

Shameless Musketeer
I agree. If we'd get Sancho, one top defender and an experienced right back would sort our team out. We'd have a very young first team too.
Sancho could be amazing but what are the chances of us getting him? I assume rather small

Status
Not open for further replies.