Right Winger... Who do we go for?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ravi2

Not sure about the validity of Romero as a source, but apparently Valverde has told Malcom he's free to leave this window, as he's unlikely to get many chances to play. It was always a weird signing for Barcelona, but he's still a talent, & the fee wouldn't be stupid.

Maybe United will be interested? I've no idea.
Thing is, I don't think we'll give him a proper chance.
He would get more of a chance here than he would at Barca , its a loan deal that makes sense from all angles. A CB and RW and we can possibly even make 3rd

Mr Smith

Inaki Williams. expand our Spanish side. Though difficult to negotiate with Bilbao.
Not as good as his release clause (Which we would have to pay), not really worth it.

Personally, I'm amazed we aren't more frequently linked to Leon Bailey of Leverkusen, who looks fantastic every time I've seen him.

NoPace

Sanchez and Malcolm loan swap? Barca get a productive, versatile attacker back who has already played with Messi, and we get a RW.

ayushreddevil9

Foootball hinders the adrenaline of transfers.
Not as good as his release clause (Which we would have to pay), not really worth it.

Personally, I'm amazed we aren't more frequently linked to Leon Bailey of Leverkusen, who looks fantastic every time I've seen him.
Maybe because he plays on the left

ravi2

Sanchez and Malcolm loan swap? Barca get a productive, versatile attacker back who has already played with Messi, and we get a RW.
This would make sense for us but would Barca really pay sanchez's wages?

BalanceUnAutreJoint

I really find it mindblowing that we couldn't buy one of Mbappe or Neymar in 2017, we're the biggest club in the world and totally had the money to get either of them to join us and be our new star yet we let both of them go to PSG. Huge failure from the board imo.

JohnnyLaw

I really find it mindblowing that we couldn't buy one of Mbappe or Neymar in 2017, we're the biggest club in the world and totally had the money to get either of them to join us and be our new star yet we let both of them go to PSG. Huge failure from the board imo.
Seriously?
I don’t think it’s done PSG much good in all honesty and I’d have been concerned if we spent that kind of money on singular targets. I don’t think it’s a smart transfer strategy or by any means necessary..

Judas

Open to offers
We operate in the real world, PSG don’t. Not hard to understand.

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
It’s much easier in FM am I right

tattico

Supports
SC Freiburg
I like Leon Bailey (21). He hasn´t had a good season so far, but i bet, he will improve under Bosz. I especially like his dynamic gameplay and his punch with his left foot.

Tommy

bigot with fetish for footballers getting fingered
Supports
Liverpool
Looks like Spurs are in pretty advanced negotiations with Barcelona to bring in Malcom. I still think it's a player United should consider swooping in for.

JJ12

Predicted Portugal, Italy to win Euro 2016, 2020
Thing is, I don't think we'll give him a proper chance.
They have no choice the way he's playing.

Ole and United are all about giving youth a chance, of course he will.

Mark McMaw

Simply Nicholas Pepe!! How there isn't more hype about this lad i dont no. He's said he's open to a move and the president has said in the summer he can basically leave for a good fee. Id pay it he fits the bill proper united right winger something we haven't had in ages!

Nicolas Pepe from Lille looks like he's tearing it up this season.
Simply Nicholas Pepe!! How there isn't more hype about this lad i dont no. He's said he's open to a move and the president has said in the summer he can basically leave for a good fee. Id pay it he fits the bill proper united right winger something we haven't had in ages!
Agree with both these quotes. He looks unbelievable this season - however it could be a one season wonder but he talent looks set in stone.

Andersons Dietician

Mbappe said he didn’t want to go to United as he didn’t feel the “style of play” suited him we were supposedly in talks with Neymar for quite some time or at least his father and then decided that the money being asked for was unrealistic with more being added on meeting after meeting.

As for this RW, it gets murkier and murkier. I don’t see any standouts who are undeniable yet available without taking someone from a big team.

Sean_RedDevil

Twitter bot
He looks like a very good player.......but there was also hype about Leon Bailey.

I wouldn't put it past the club not signing a RW in the summer transfer window.

Whoever the manager is we tend to avoid fixing the most obvious positions in our squad.

You could argue we still haven't sorted out the centre of our midfield.:lol:

Igor Drefljak

Definitely Russian
After watching us for the last few weeks, it's reminded me how much having pace out wide is great.
I mentioned Suso in here a few times but my interest in him is definitely dropped.

I'd love the club to take a look at Lozano.
From what I remember he has a 30-35m buyout which in todays market is nothing. Played on the right more than the left this season, so he knows the position. He's scored, assisted and has been getting great game ratings.
It's the Dutch league, it's a risk, that's certain, but you could say the same when mentioning Malcolm, Chiesa, Pulisic etc who are double going to cost double.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
Need one as badly as a CB. Quite ridiculous how nothing comes from that side of the pitch.

JMack1234

The priority has to be a CB and RB whoever the manager is. If we're lucky we'll get a RW but i'd doubt it.

In Rainbows

They have no choice the way he's playing.

Ole and United are all about giving youth a chance, of course he will.
You think he'll get a chance this season to become a regular? I don't think so. Gomes has only gotten a few minutes at the end of the game. Chong got the most minutes and he only got like 30.

Womp

idiot
Nicolas Pepe, Sancho, Lozano, Felipe Anderson, to name a few. There are good players out there if we are willing to spend the money.

That being said, don't see us signing one. I expect us to stick with Sanchez rather than improving a clear deficiency in the squad, as that's what seems to be our strategy these past few years.

Last edited:

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
From Sane or Dembele to Pulisic or Bailey and now we got Sancho. It shows that every season, there are new quality talented wingers showing up.

I'm a fans of Sancho. He's such a quality players. Not only a good dribbler with skills but his link up play is very good. He's been integral in Dortmund team and they are on the road of winning the Bundes Liga over Bayern. I think he will upgrade our squad.

However, I just don't get why some people even named Brooks, Gray, Bailey, the Villareal's boy and others teenager who's not even nailed in the top teams and think that they will upgrade our RW? Those players won't upgrade us next season not even significantly to the point of challenging the league, they will need time to develop. Instead of spending big money or signing those names, why not just develop our own youth players.

GledTheRed

From Sane or Dembele to Pulisic or Bailey and now we got Sancho. It shows that every season, there are new quality talented wingers showing up.

I'm a fans of Sancho. He's such a quality players. Not only a good dribbler with skills but his link up play is very good. He's been integral in Dortmund team and they are on the road of winning the Bundes Liga over Bayern. I think he will upgrade our squad.

However, I just don't get why some people even named Brooks, Gray, Bailey, the Villareal's boy and others teenager who's not even nailed in the top teams and think that they will upgrade our RW? Those players won't upgrade us next season not even significantly to the point of challenging the league, they will need time to develop. Instead of spending big money or signing those names, why not just develop our own youth players.
They would;d improve the squad and have hunger and a desire to play for Manchester United, these kind of signings have always been the best ones for us. No more 28 year olds looking for a pay day please.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
They would;d improve the squad and have hunger and a desire to play for Manchester United, these kind of signings have always been the best ones for us. No more 28 year olds looking for a pay day please.
We should be spending on the right one.

I don’t see how spending on those players (apart from Sancho since I think his potential and current level are way above those names) will be better than developing our own youth like Chong, Greenwood, Gomes? I must even say that both Greenwood and Gomes are may be above Gray, Brooks, Bailey in term of potential.

GledTheRed

We should be spending on the right one.

I don’t see how spending on those players (apart from Sancho since I think his potential and current level are way above those names) will be better than developing our own youth like Chong, Greenwood, Gomes? I must even say that both Greenwood and Gomes are may be above Gray, Brooks, Bailey in term of potential.
I agree, i wouldn't worry too much about them not getting games, if they are good enough they will play. Signings like Gray, Brook, Fraser would be ideal as they wouldn't bitch and moan when not selected and wouldn't be on astronomical wages.

Status
Not open for further replies.