Right Winger... Who do we go for?

Status
Not open for further replies.

RC89

Is Pepe any good? I know he's one of the top scores in Ligue 1 this season, but haven't had any chance to watch him. Sancho the obvious choice but Dortmund will likely not sell for under £100m.
Genuinely think if anyone gets him for £100m, it will look like a bargain within three seasons, fitness permitting.

Rocknrolla69er

I can read but you namelisted average players to make your point but you forgot to mention when we did sign a top player on the wing he flopped. I’m just adding something which you decided to leave out to make your point. Hope that’s ok for you to understand.
Bit too nit picky for me too understand

Hammer_st

I think Dybala would be our best choice because he can also play as No. 9 and then we have three players in our attack which can play all positions.
For sure I like Sancho too, but I think Dybala fits better in our system.

RedDevilRoshi

Is Thorgan Hazard from Gladbach a RW?

If so, what do you think of him and would he be a good signing?

Deep down, I really want Jadon Sancho but can’t see Dortmund looking to do a deal just yet nor Sancho being in any rush to leave.

andersj

Nick Powell Expert
Jadon Sancho appears to be such an obvious choice for us right now. If we can afford to spend big money on one player this summer he should be the one.

When we bought Pogba we could still afford Mhiki and Bailly (+ a huge amount on sign-on for Zlatan). When we bought Lukaku we also paid a siginifcant amount for Matic and Lindelof (and tried getting Perisic).

This summer we need a right winger and maybe three defenders (two fullbacks and a central defender). We might also be in the marked for a central midfielder. That might prove a bit heavy. Not sure we can spend on a central midfielder to be honest.

And it also feel like we will try to make a van Dijk purchase in defence. Buying Sancho then will be difficult.

RedB4ndiT

We're not going to sign Sancho just like we're not going to get Zidane in the summer. We have to be more realistic. I vote for Malcom.

christinaa

Gossip Girl
Supports
There's only one United!
Presently Zaha or Perisic.

Zaha can also play in the CL.

R77

Favours the right but can play both wings, would be great interchange with a front 3 of Martial-Rashford-Sancho
I usually abhor the average muppetry and big name, big money transfer lust. If we were going to throw silly money at anyone though, this lad really would be the ideal signing in every facet possible. Circumstance and form permitting, that has every chance to grow into possibly the most potent forward line in Europe. It's so perfect, I'm very doubtful of it happening, unfortunately.

Cee90

Redcafe Fantasy Football Champion 2012/13
Throw the Kitchen sink at getting Sancho, he ticks all the box's.
Is Raiola his agent?

If so, he could also throw a few chairs around too.

I would love Sancho here, but I think he is going to cost around £120 million.

Macedonian Red

We're not going to sign Sancho just like we're not going to get Zidane in the summer. We have to be more realistic. I vote for Malcom.
Malcom is overated. I watched him a few times and he didnt show anything.

Last edited by a moderator:

MadMike

He can play either side but has been tearing it up at Dortmund as a right winger.
So did Mkhitaryan before we signed him. So people said about Pulisic about a year ago as well.

I'm not saying that he can't be good. I'm saying there's no guarantee whatsoever.

Devil may care

So did Mkhitaryan before we signed him. So people said about Pulisic about a year ago as well.

I'm not saying that he can't be good. I'm saying there's no guarantee whatsoever.
There's no guarentee with any transfer, I was just saying he's playing very well in the position we need to buy in, I'd say he's less of a risk than several of the other names I see posted regularly, I mean he stepped into England's side with ease as well so the positives are there.

The Irish Connection

If we are in for Bergwijn as per the reports it could make sense to loan PSV Chong to fill the gap and get him some games in a proper league.
Feck, this guy looks good. First I’ve seen/heard of him, but just what we need? Fast, good at taking people on, good shot, has an eye for a pass. Only 21 and possibly wouldn’t cost a huge amount. Why not?

Cheekiey

Honest realistic opinions on how much would it cost us to get Mbappe and what wages would we offer?. PSG paid 180m euros (£165.7m). He earns a reported £290k a week.

Martial - Rashford - Mbappe is a front 3 wet dream team.

MikeKing

Supports
Bournemouth
Honest realistic opinions on how much would it cost us to get Mbappe and what wages would we offer?. PSG paid 180m euros (£165.7m). He earns a reported £290k a week.

I guess if we offered 200m we could get him, if somehow FFP told them to get fecked.

ravi2

I guess if we offered 200m we could get him, if somehow FFP told them to get fecked.
PSG would never sell him, I would imagine they would sell Neymar before they sell Mbappe at this point.
As usual, we are too late to the party

shayanr

There is a abundance of right wingers out there and I have no idea how have we not signed one yet. Although the general consensus here is for Chong to step up and fill that spot, I feel that he is not quite ready yet or may not even be good enough to take that spot. Of course, that's another debate for another time.

Moving on, Ousmane Dembele has to be first choice with 13 goals 4 assists. Not much to say about him. World class potential. And followed closely behind is the wing wizard/magician; Jadon Sancho. 7 goals 8 assists so far for England's latest wonder boy. Saw someone mentioning Christian Pavon of Boca, a very good shout. 9 goals 19 assists last season. Crazy numbers. This season he's got 2 goals so far having played 7 games after coming back from injury.

There is wildcard options of course like James Forrest whose been Celtic's best player for a couple of season now. Lightning fast, good dribbler and good finishing. 11 goals 2 assists so far. SPL is shit and he should leave for better things.

Cengiz Under a good option too. Tearing it up for Roma. 7 goals 6 assists from the right wing this season. Sancho numbers.

And I might get slated for this but Harry Wilson from Liverpool is a player I like but will be impossible to get. He's killing it for Derby this season. 12 goals 2 assists so far. Very dangerous from set piece. 5 goals from free kicks alone already. Even scored one against us early this season. Will be perfect for our right wing.

Reactions: Sultan

Kidders

I usually abhor the average muppetry and big name, big money transfer lust. If we were going to throw silly money at anyone though, this lad really would be the ideal signing in every facet possible. Circumstance and form permitting, that has every chance to grow into possibly the most potent forward line in Europe. It's so perfect, I'm very doubtful of it happening, unfortunately.
It's mouthwatering is'nt it.

Is Raiola his agent?

If so, he could also throw a few chairs around too.

I would love Sancho here, but I think he is going to cost around £120 million.
I'd happily spend that sort of money to get him.

This is even better !!!!! But why not go full muppet and play 4-2-3-1 with Martial, Rashford, Mbappe and Sancho in an interchanging attack.....now that is a wet dream !

Nate Dogg

Don't Make Me Angry
I have it on good authority Woody is working extremely hard on Mate's contract extension.

Beaucoup

Is Pepe any good? I know he's one of the top scores in Ligue 1 this season, but haven't had any chance to watch him. Sancho the obvious choice but Dortmund will likely not sell for under £100m.
Based on his YouTube highlights, Pepe seems to play how I imagine Rashford would play if he was pissed.

KingMinger22

City >>> United. Moaning twat
On a side note, Sancho will probably have to do what Dembele did to force a move.

I’m quite confident he would push the transfer through if we come knocking.

Rauður Djöfull

Sancho all the way, may not be avilable next sommer which may suit us, put our big money move into De ligt, we would still need a cm and rw though, maybe someone like bergwijn or pepe can come in until 2020 where we add sancho to the mix, considering sanchez and mata will hardly both be staying beyond 2020

Would love to see sancho come here and reach his potential with a squad that can be easily promising and strong with just a few right signings, besides, who here wouldn't love to see him light up the league and prove city and their joke of a yout policy wrong

Bwuk

I reckon Sancho will do another season at Dortmund after this season.

Status
Not open for further replies.