Rio as a pundit

Parry Gallister

Rio's been working on tv for a while now, ITV for the world cup, BT in the champions league etc. What do we make of him? I like his punditry personally, he's pretty eloquent, not too rash or emotive, speaks well and generally backs up opinions he gives with defensive insights from experience. Not quite as in depth as Gary was but he hasn't had the sort of platform for that yet.

prarek

Not seen much but he doesn't come across as biased or having a polar opinion. Some good insights but mostly sounds like he is giving an interview..

Donut

He's quite good, but as you've said he's no Gary, so he's probably gonna have to settle for a club like Espanyol.

OnlyTwoDaSilvas

Gullible
Better than I expected. I expected him to be a bit of caricature, like McManaman and Robbie Savage have been on BT, but he's probably the best pundit on that godawful channel.

SirAF

Ageist
I really got time for him as a pundit, think he's always come across well in interviews.

applemacdan

Rio was one of my favourite United players, so I find myself trying to like his punditry.

Most of the time thought I just feel like he just, states the obvious, and has no real unique perspective of a game.

m1y2

he seems pretty alright, dunno why but I think he could be a good manager, seems like someone who must have so much respect while being funny as well, players would love him and thats good for starters..

The Stain

Soccer Manager's Highwayman
Better than their cast of some hot chick, Horncastle, Hargreaves and that frenchie. Urgh.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
Even in his playing days, he came across as intelligent in his interviews.

Norris

Rio was one of my favourite United players, so I find myself trying to like his punditry.

Most of the time thought I just feel like he just, states the obvious, and has no real unique perspective of a game.
To be honest, football isn't all that a complicated sport. You can't have 10 unique views on a well taken goal or a different insight to a last ditch tackle. If you have a look at an analaysis of about 100 different segments in a game, the Uniqueness you crave will only be evident in a handful.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
Just watching him on the Big Narstie now. Such a likeable guy. Why's he keep saying "I was like raaah" though? He's not 20 years old fresh outta London :lol:

GuybrushThreepwood

Supports
Blackburn Rovers
I think he’s generally very good, and I like his analysis, comments and anecdotes. I think his first punditry gig was for the BBC during the 2014 World Cup, and I was impressed.

The only exception is when he defends Mike Ashley because Sports Direct sells his Five clothing brand, although Richard Keys (Rafa should spend his own money on transfers) and Andy Gray are both worse there.

Needham

I think he’s generally very good, and I like his analysis, comments and anecdotes. I think his first punditry gig was for the BBC during the 2014 World Cup, and I was impressed.

The only exception is when he defends Mike Ashley because Sports Direct sells his Five clothing brand, although Richard Keys (Rafa should spend his own money on transfers) and Andy Gray are both worse there.
That's some exception though. Parsing his opinions due to commercial interests. Prefer Carragher's straight up club bias.

Tommy

bigot with fetish for footballers getting fingered
Supports
Liverpool

Agree with everything. I understand the Mike Ashley bit, so I can't hold it against him too much. Still, it leaves a bit of a sour taste in the mouth, and I can't imagine what Newcastle fans thing of shite like that.