Rio Ferdinand interviews Chicharito

makes new threads with tweets in the OP

RedDevilCanuck

Quite dreamy - blue eyes, blond hair, tanned skin
Loved him. Deadly deadly striker.

LVG thanks for freezing out Chicharito, Rafael and Nani. They were better than the shite LVG played.

His goals per minute ratio is impressive.

Baneofthegame

Loved Chicharito, he may not have been Suarez level, but for the cost and his production, he was fantastic.

He seemed to score big goals at the right moments as well, against Chelsea was one.

Reactions: SteveJ

izec

LVG thanks for freezing out Chicharito, Rafael and Nani. They were better than the shite LVG played.

He didn't freeze him out, he wanted a starting position, same as Welbeck. Both not good enough for that, only squad players.

Rafael and Nani were no loss either, inconsistency par excellence. Neither of them showed anything since leaving us, that is the unfortunate truth

Posh Red

He didn't freeze him out, he wanted a starting position, same as Welbeck. Both not good enough for that, only squad players.

Rafael and Nani were no loss either, inconsistency par excellence. Neither of them showed anything since leaving us, that is the unfortunate truth
He told him he had a 1% chance of making it in his squad (those were his words).

decorativeed

All three of those were infuriating decisions. Three of my favourite players of that era.

lsd

The Oracle

Yet Fergie was able to use them and win

Gazza

Nani out, Depay in
Rafael out, Darmian in
Chicharito out, Falcao in

Yeah, no loss!

GifLord

Better at GIFs than posts

Clearly don't remember how shit he was in his last few games for us?

Offside

Euro 2016 sweepstake winner
Great as he was in 10/11 his 12/13 season is underrated. More goals than Rooney that year and plenty of crucial goals include a brilliant off the bench brace away at Villa. Winner at Stamford Bridge too.

tenpoless

No 6-pack, just 2Pac
Supports
4-4-2 classic
Remember when Henry said Chicharito should have thanked Ronaldo for letting him score in the Champions League? Madness.

He's a good striker in a correct setup and his record vs Chelsea speaks for itself.

RUCK4444

The goal they're on about is the first one here: https://www.premierleague.com/video/single/465848

Looks exactly like an NFL wide receiver making space for himself.
Incredible movement, you can’t really defend against that. He was deadly for a period of time with us. Great kid who ‘got’ what the club is about and loved playing for the manager. Felt so sorry for him in that video where he talks to his mum before signing to go to the states. :(

No wonder LVG got rid of him because there was no way he was going to get this kind of delivery and chances multiple time per match. Too much slow sideways possession.

Not to derail but LVG’s time here was so feckin damaging IMO.

SoCross

Jones charging up from midfield in that vid. What could have been with him as well.

Ibi Dreams

He was so much fun to watch in his first season, just kept on scoring and I began to trust him as a striker very quickly. I remember his third season being brilliant too.

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
He was so much fun to watch in his first season, just kept on scoring and I began to trust him as a striker very quickly. I remember his third season being brilliant too.
I loved him from his first goal where he actually assisted himself.

hmchan

Lovely movement and anticipation in the box but poor centre forward play, which is a key element playing as a striker in modern football. He's overconfident that he can win himself a starting position, given his poor technique and hold up play. A clearly overrated player.

ColvaleGoa

I remember his reverse header at Stoke. My reaction was wtf just happened?. Didn't even know it was possible to score such a goal.

Good little player who gave everything for the club. Will be remembered fondly for his time here.

Bondi77

Great poacher and what he lacked in technical ability he made up for with desire and output.
Really good aerially as well and at 6mil he joins the list of absolute bargains Fergie brought to our great club.

fps

Great poacher and what he lacked in technical ability he made up for with desire and output.
Really good aerially as well and at 6mil he joins the list of absolute bargains Fergie brought to our great club.
He was an excellent goal getter, I really liked him, seemed to love the club. Was surprised when he left tbh.

Jeppers7

Pogfamily Mafia
The best movement I’ve seen from a united forward. Could finish for fun too. Great little player.

Drz

Watching Nani for Portugal a few years back showed that he still had something to offer at the time.
I remember feeling that he used to play a bit better for Portugal than he used to for us, or maybe play with a higher work-rate.
Overall, I felt his qualities were somewhat under-appreciated by our own fanbase when he was with us, him being a bit of a nut/"free-spirit" probably didn't help.

His crosses in particular were a bit underrated in my opinion, always felt he tried to put effect on the ball to bend it around the first defender.

Bondi77

He was an excellent goal getter, I really liked him, seemed to love the club. Was surprised when he left tbh.
Moyes and LVG just did not rate him which tells us more about them as managers then it does him as a player, they treated Zaha the same way.

yumtum

DUX' bumchum
Loved him here, felt a little sad when he called Real Madrid the biggest club in the world when we loaned him there.

Freak

Born a freak always a freak.
what did he say?
That Moyes was the wrong man for the job, that he was too stubborn and did not want to adapt to the Man Utd culture, that he broke up a winning team, that he did not want to give Cheech more game time even after saying he would, that Moyes did not want to allow him to leave even though he was not playing him much.

Red00012

Hindsight is great but to leave him , RVP and rafael go was just wrong in my opinion.

That Moyes was the wrong man for the job, that he was too stubborn and did not want to adapt to the Man Utd culture, that he broke up a winning team, that he did not want to give Cheech more game time even after saying he would, that Moyes did not want to allow him to leave even though he was not playing him much.
Good. Far more players should be speaking out about how appalling he was. Maybe he might stop talking about us.

United58

Loved Chicharito, he may not have been Suarez level, but for the cost and his production, he was fantastic.

He seemed to score big goals at the right moments as well, against Chelsea was one.
Just one? There was many more than that :D

hmchan

Moyes and LVG just did not rate him which tells us more about them as managers then it does him as a player, they treated Zaha the same way.
Every manager doesn't rate Chicharito. Both Fergie and Moyes started Welbeck ahead of him. van Gaal loaned him to Madrid where he barely played, as Ancelotti rather had Jese up front. He probably had more playing time in the Bundesliga, but then he failed again at West Ham. It's also worth to note that he wasn't the regular starter for his country either, despite Mexico didn't have many talents. When so many managers are reluctant in starting a player, I guess the player has certain limitation and responsibility himself.