Rio Ferdinand wife Rebecca Ferdinand dies

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
I couldnt believe the headline, when I seen , such sad news

But one annoying this is all celebrity's posting condolences on twitter, and maybe they do or dont, but they should pick up a phone and offer condolences directly, or if close visit the person, thats what I would do
He has asked to be able to grieve in private. The last thing he will want is to go over and over it each time the phone rings.

Maciej

Known for "good moanings" not only in the morning
It was a shock when I read it.

What more can I say about the fecker cancer? Nothing. I know Rio is strong enough to deal with it although it seems impossible right now.

RIP Rebecca, stay strong the Ferdinand family.

FujiVice

This is horrendous news. Losing you're wife in your 30s is a terrifying thought, but those kids losing their mother makes me even more sad. Especially how fast she has went from getting diagnosed and losing her life. This is just really upesetting news. You think of footballers as these megastars who live in their own worlds, because of all the money coming through each week. But its a reminder that they bleed like the rest of us. I wish him all the best.

Lovely touch from our club with the arm bands and the applause at 5 minutes there.

theyneverlearn

and this one probably never will
Players wearing black armbands during today's fixture.

The crowd also had a standing ovation at 5 minutes into the game for 1 minute.

Respect.

RIP.

JamesB__

Supports
Stoke City
The 5th minute ovation was incredibly moving.

RIP.

Livewire1974

If it moves, report it.
There are no words to express how awful this is. RIP and all our thoughts are with Rio and family.

Wade3

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
RIP, tough loss at a young age.

Randall Flagg

Worst of the best
Was indeed very ni e tribute from the fans today

Still kind of stunned about this. Just came out of nowhere

Wonder how long ago she was diagnosed

VanGaalEra

Omg. This is terrible. She's 34 and with 3 children :(

RIP. I had no idea.

Jazz

Just in case anyone missed it. I don't like Mount.
Went to my mate's wedding and that's when I heard the news. God bless our fans and good on the club as well with the armbands... Rio was hugely important to us and absolutely still loves the club. Feel really awful for the lad. Poor lady dying at 34 years old and leaving three kids behind - all under 10. She didn't deserve that. All the billions we pour into cancer research and we still can't find a cure.... just awful. Hope Rio stays strong.

izzydiggler

It's an odd thing to feel shitty because someone you've never met died and the only link to you is that they were married to a person who used to play for 'your' club.

Not that my words will make any difference but it's an awful thing to go through and I wish Rio the best.

izzydiggler

I meant to say how moving the reaction was during the game. and I hope it have Rio some form of strength.

Sean_RedDevil

Twitter bot
Rio is one of my favourite players of all time and i saw a few times his wife with their kids at the Trafford Centre......once i've shouted "Rio Rio Rio" in front of them and his eldest son shouted back "Daddy daddy daddy" :)

I feel really sad.....my thoughts are with Rio, their three kids and the whole Ferdinand & Ellison family :(:(:(:(:(

RIP Rebecca

Antisocial

Has a Sony home cinema
Rio is one of my favourite players of all time and i saw a few times his wife with their kids at the Trafford Centre......once i've shouted "Rio Rio Rio" in front of them and his eldest son shouted back "Daddy daddy daddy" :)
:lol:

Poor kid :(

Donaldo

Caf Vigilante
Supports
Arsenal
Sad news.

Not sure why Terry's condolences deserve their own article as I'm noticing in most publications. The medias tendency to create some narrative out of a tragedy is bizarre.

Red_Aaron

I'm 34 with a couple of kids, I can't even begin to imagine a life without my wife and their mother, I'm welling up just thinking of it.

It's Incredibly sad, my heart goes out to family ferdinand

SirAF

Ageist

I feel really sad.....my thoughts are with Rio, their three kids and the whole Ferdinand & Ellison family :(:(:(:(:(

RIP Rebecca
That's a lovely story :) :(