Rio hits out at Moyes

Erentz

Knows everything! 5 years later.
Are people surprised at his comments? He needs to stir up controversy to sell his book.
He's not stirring up controversy, he's written a biography. You can't skim over stuff like last season, it's part of his football career now, and he's right to go into detail about what a clusterfeck it was.

Obviously the papers are going to try and get the juiciest parts for the headlines, United are big business for the media, and most United supporters will be happy to read the accounts of players like Rio. Especially now we've come through it.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
Not much of a surprise really. I always thought Moyes lost the dressing room fairly early in the year, especially the likes of Rio and Paddy.

Moonred

Maybe Ferdinand is a little 'in your face' and taking shots as he clearly has a strong dislike for Moyes. But some of those things that Moyes did, seems ridiculous. :lol:

thepolice123

Now this just confirms the rumours that he lost the dressing room. His pathetic treatment of Vidic and his transfer was another one.

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
After seeing these extracts I'm actually thinking of buying Rio's book. Last season was a disaster and I'd like to know why. Its about time we heard from the players what went wrong behind closed doors.

Orton

Ati-virus, keeps missing the n button
See, even the players were baffled by the tactics against Fulham. No surprise there. It was abysmal.

fatboy

Not Moyes fault that he was handpicked though by Fergie though. And with him being not up to the job, the season just played out to it's natural conclusion. But these revelations only goes to prove what a lot of people suspected ... that he never quite shook off the underdog mentality that had served him so well at Everton.

I think he still has a job at a smaller club with more modest ambitions. Until then, he has over 5mil to ease the pain and tide him over.

Ducklegs

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Validation of our opinions and views of Moyes is one of the reasons I will read his book.

As someone who has never rated Moyes and said he would be a complete disaster if appointed it will be interesting to see if the reasons for his failure match with what Rio says was going on.

Drifter

American
Rio must have been so traumatised that he continued to hoof ball after Moyes left. Have all the respect for Rio , but this sounds like a bit of bitterness mixed with trying to sell a book.

SteveJ

all-round nice guy, aka Uncle Joe Kardashian
Scout
Rio is entitled to tell it as it is.
I agree, and I'm one of those people who supported Moyes in the hope that he might rise to the occasion. It's not fair to the players if we only get to hear David's side of the story through the press (as has been the case until now.)

CassiusClaymore

Is it Gaizka Mendieta?
Scout
Supports
The greatest team in history
Some of the stuff that Rio mentions is absolutely shocking from Moyes. Surely this is the final nail in the coffin on Moyes' tenure for those who still feel Moyes was wronged in his sacking last season.
Out of interest which bits?

All I took from that is the players were encouraged to hit it long and banned from eating chips. Hardly revelatory.

rpitchfo

Rio is and was a trouble maker. I think he thought when moyes was sacked his indiscretions would be over looked by the club. Ed recognised him for what he is and told him to sling his hook. We are only getting one side of the story here by a guy with a massive ego. Moyes will never respond to this criticism.

Woodzy

And yet still people within the game (pundits and other managers) insist he should have been given more time. The guy would have destroyed this club.

SiRed

i dont understand how people have a problem with Rio being honest with his opinions in his book...
During their playing career players and managers are constantly reserved when giving interviews ect. Everyones opinions are predictable so when somebody is in a position where they can release a book and give fans a greater insight into what actually goes on behind the scenes, i think its great to see what really goes on.

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
I still don't get taking training at a local park.

Nighteyes

Another Muppet
Oh dear...

I kinda feel for Moyes. The United job has ruined his reputation beyond repair and yet I couldn't blame him for taking it.

legball

Nothing revealing there. When that appointment was made, every single one of us didn't feel comfortable about it. It was bizzare. But we tried to silently believe it might turn out good, he was supported [and some took it too far],in fact there were people who thought leaving him in the job for long would then turn him into something he's not, it was so clear he was the wrong man for the job, 6 yr contract for him was a joke too. I can't believe a club the size of United went down that route. Funny thing is, most idiots who were willing to be patient with Moyes are not doing the same with LVG, who is a proven winner.

makes new threads with tweets in the OP

Rednotdead

I'm still waiting to hear Ferdinand's excuse for "forgetting" he'd been told a drug tester was waiting for him after training.

Ish

Lights on for Luke
I was a Moyes fan at the start of his appointment, I'll readily admit that error. But the longer his reign went on, the more apparent it became that he was a small time manager.

Around December time is when I completely gave up on him.

And what Rio says is probably exactly what we all knew transpired. Will be interesting to see if Moyes responds. #handbags.

Getsme

We're all stood round admiring our injury list, wondering what's wrong with the impeccably engineered astro-turf inside Carrington, when all along Moyes had them sliding around on a barren, dog shit laden field?
This, bringing the team to a park to train before a big European match, I mean WTF was he thinking. Not only could it cause injuries to players, but it's so fecking amateurish I don't never know where to begin.
He may have been on about the away fixture and a park in Munich, to be fair.
Does it matter where it was?
What would be the purpose of going to a local park rather than the training ground?

Either Rio is lying or Moyes is a strange man.
Didn't he bring them to Bondi beach for a jog during the tour of Australia, I remember the squad running along the beach surrounded by fans.

Woodzy

Surprised to see so many people having a go at Rio. Most of our team will have been thinking this. Rio is the only one idiotic enough to say it.

Dunk

Body language expert
Forget Moyes, we should know the truth about why we are so bad last season. And Moyes is a douche, first game of the season against Swansea last month, he was one of the guys in BeIn's studio (along with Kevin Keegan) looking all smug and vindicated that we lost. feck him!

Acole9

Outstanding
So there we have it. I was wondering how long it would take a player to come out and openly criticise Moyes.

thepolice123

This, bringing the team to a park to train before a big European match, I mean WTF was he thinking. Not only could it cause injuries to players, but it's so fecking amateurish I don't never know where to begin.

Does it matter where it was?

Didn't he bring them to Bondi beach for a jog during the tour of Australia, I remember the squad running along the beach surrounded by fans.
Did that really happen. :lol:

Cal?

CR7 fan
Always thought Rio will be the first to start ripping into Moyes, next up Vidic, Evra, etc with their books.

FujiVice

I'm still waiting to hear Ferdinand's excuse for "forgetting" he'd been told a drug tester was waiting for him after training.
That was covered in his first bio. This will cover the period of 2006-present. The "good years" I suppose.