RIP Glenn Roeder

T00lsh3d

T00ly O' Sh3d
Yeah really sad, feels like he’s been battling ill health forever

Maluco

Last Man Standing 3 champion 2019/20
Very sad to hear this. 18 years since his initial diagnosis. What an admirable battle. Thoughts with his family and friends

Bojan11

Terrible news. He seemed like one of the nice guys in football from his interviews and what everyone is saying about him.

mu4c_20le

Remember him from his Newcastle days when we loaned him Rossi.

RIP

the_box

Supports
Newcastle United
Terrible news. He seemed like one of the nice guys in football from his interviews and what everyone is saying about him.
Aye, I missed his playing days here but will always remember him for steadying the ship after Souness' mess. A class act and widely respected. True gentleman of the game.

RIP

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
I thought he died years ago.
He very nearly did in 2003. From memory he came back way too quickly (bit like Houllier) and didn't last that long back at West Ham with poor form.

Was genuinely surprised they actually finished 7th in his first season there which was a pretty good achievement considering 20 years on they haven't finished higher than that and might not this season either.

Not the greatest manager in the world but he actually did an o.k job at Newcastle a few years later aswell.

GlasgowCeltic

RIP, a decent football man by all accounts.

Bizarrely one of the names I most associate with that period the Prem highlights were on ITV

Revaulx

A very classy defender in an era of cloggers

Somehow gained a reputation for being a crap manager but if you actually look at his results and the circumstances in which he achieved them, he really wasn’t.

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
Always remember West Ham’s relegation battle in 2003, as it was my first real season following football and they were entertaining to watch. He had some bottle too, they were up against it but every week without fail he’d line up in a 433 with Di Canio, Kanoute and Defoe up front. Think they still hold the record for most points without escaping relegation I think, with 42.

RIP