RIP Jimmy Greaves

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
Condolences to his family

Wonderful finisher. One of the greatest I’ve ever seen.
Reinvented himself with the Saint And Greavsie show which for a while was so watchable.

RIP

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
Really sad at this. I watched documentary on BT about him and what a finisher, but could run with the ball as well. R.I.P. Greavsie.

RomfordRed75

RIP
I grew up watching Saint and Greavsie, great show.
Fitting that Spurs are playing Chelsea today as well

Port Vale Devil

Supports
Port Vale
RIP, I cannot remember him as a player but loved Saint and Greavsie.

Had been ill for a long time though so hopefully in a better place now.

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
Ffs. RIP seemed like a nice man. Condolences to all the spurs fans — he’s a legend in English football.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
Very sad indeed. One of the faces of British Football Broadcasting since before I can remember. RIP.

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
Awww I grew up on that tv show, loved it

too young to see him as a footballer but by all accounts he was razor sharp

Steve Bruce

Legend is thrown about all too easy these days, but not with Jimmy. A true legend of the game and a great personality afterwards RIP

Bulldog United

I loved watching Saint and Greavsie as a kid.
There's some episodes on YouTube I was watching awhile back.
RIP to an England legend.

DomesticTadpole

Good mates with Best and Law for all the problems that brought him in later life
They mentioned an anecdote about someone wanting to do a book about him and Best and he said If anybody can remember where him and Bestie were in the 70's go ahead. Also someone said about him doing a book about goalscoring and he said. I arrive, the ball arrives, there you go.

NasirTimothy

Supports
Enyimba F.C.
Great of the game. One of the best to ever come out of England. RIP.

I could be misremembering this but I seem to recall him talking about his goalscoring technique and saying that he used to always aim for the keeper when finishing. Often he’d miss and the ball would go in :lol:

Also remember him saying that if he’d scored every chance he missed, and missed every one that he did score, he’d have 3 times the goals…..

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
They mentioned an anecdote about someone wanting to do a book about him and Best and he said If anybody can remember where him and Bestie were in the 70's go ahead. Also someone said about him doing a book about goalscoring and he said. I arrive, the ball arrives, there you go.
A Spurs supporter once told me back in the day when Utd were in London, Greaves would go out with the Utd lads. Apparently this guy was good mates with Dave McKay and he told him that Law went out with Greaves the night before Utd played Chelsea.
Law woke up pissed as a fart and reported to play at Stamford Bridge still out of it. Sir Matt told the staff to get him showered and on the pitch even though he was drunk.

Law played the first half and scored 2 goals and was done after that!

DomesticTadpole

A Spurs supporter once told me back in the day when Utd were in London, Greaves would go out with the Utd lads. Apparently this guy was good mates with Dave McKay and he told him that Law went out with Greaves the night before Utd played Chelsea.
Law woke up pissed as a fart and reported to play at Stamford Bridge still out of it. Sir Matt told the staff to get him showered and on the pitch even though he was drunk.

Law played the first half and scored 2 goals and was done after that!
Wow! Actually amazing they have lasted this long. Just shows what amazing talents they were.

Darkhorsez

RIP Greavsie. Never saw him as a player but loved watching his show with Saint. My week was incomplete without seeing it. What memories. Feel really sad.

DomesticTadpole

red woppit

Supports
Northampton Town
One of England's greatest goalscorers. A sad day, RIP Jimmy Greaves.

ZolaWasMagic

Supports
Chelsea
Sad news, RIP. Fitting that the 2 clubs he loved most and was a legend for, are facing off today.