RIP Nobby Stiles

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.
I saw him play a few times. He was more than just a crunch tackle merchant. He could run all day and also pass with accuracy. Nothing if him but he was never bullied unlike some of these muppets we have today playing for us.
Wow couldn't even have a tribute thread without shitting on our current players. We're the other 20 thread on the front page not enough?

dalriada

I think you are overstating the amount of City support :smirk:
Well, the geographic divide in Manchester itself has probably broken down since then because of population movements and changes to the way people support teams, but it was broadly true in the 1960s/70s (when City were the more successful team for a while).
But don't worry, I often have to correct people down here who suggest that Mancunians are all City supporters and Utd supporters all live in the south!

Offsideagain

Wow couldn't even have a tribute thread without shitting on our current players. We're the other 20 thread on the front page not enough?
Am I wrong then? The current crop of Midfield/Defenders haven’t got an ounce of the drive Nobby had.

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.
Am I wrong then? The current crop of Midfield/Defenders haven’t got an ounce of the drive Nobby had.
It doesn't matter, it's not the place for it. Go into the Bruno, Pogba, McTominay threads if you want to have a go at them. You're not praising Nobby, you're using his memory to lambast our current players.

Bocca9978

Enjoying seeing some of the old footage of him.
Rest in peace Sir.