Gaming Rise of the Tomb Raider

Shane88

Actually Nostradamus
18 years and she dumps me like this.

Shame though, I was looking forward to more Tomb Raider games on the PS4.

Alock1

Wears XXXL shirts and can't type ellipses
Looks like it could be a timed exclusive anyway.

Melvyn

prostate examiner
http://tombraider.tumblr.com/post/94529480860/rise-of-the-tomb-raider-update

Dear Tomb Raider Community,

As you may have seen, we’ve just announced that Rise of the Tomb Raider, coming Holiday 2015, is exclusively on Xbox. We consider all of you to be the lifeblood of Tomb Raider and the work we do at Crystal. I’d like to give you some insight into this decision, and why we feel this is the very best thing for the Tomb Raider sequel we’re creating at the studio.

Tomb Raider in 2013 was a success due in large part to your continued support. Our goal has always been to deliver something truly special with Rise of the Tomb Raider. Today’s announcement with Microsoft is one step to help us put Tomb Raider on top of action adventure gaming. Our friends at Microsoft have always seen huge potential in Tomb Raider and have believed in our vision since our first unveil with them on their stage at E3 2011. We know they will get behind this game more than any support we have had from them in the past - we believe this will be a step to really forging the Tomb Raider brand as one of the biggest in gaming, with the help, belief and backing of a major partner like Microsoft.

This doesn’t mean that we’re walking away from our fans who only play on PlayStation or on PC. Those are great systems, with great partners, and amazing communities. We have Lara Croft and the Temple of Osiris coming to those platforms this December, and Tomb Raider: The Definitive Edition is available on PS4.

We know that there are probably many more questions and concerns. Please do send them to us, and we’ll answer to the best of our ability. Meanwhile we’re going all out to try and make something truly special - the most ambitious Tomb Raider game ever built.

Thanks,

Darrell Gallagher
Crystal Dynamics Head of Studios

Cina

Well that sucks, the first one was brilliant.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
feck off.

Microsoft being wankers because Sony is ahead?

Last edited:

NinjaZombie

Punched the air when Liverpool beat City
So, how many people will actually buy an Xbone to play this?

A sequel to a multiplatform game is an exclusive. Don't think I've heard of that before. (Ok maybe Bayonetta.)

Lynk

Obsessed with discrediting Danny Welbeck
Feels wrong. Tomb Raider made it's name on Playstation, it would be like if Gears Of War switched over to PS4.

Alock1

Feels wrong. Tomb Raider made it's name on Playstation, it would be like if Gears Of War switched over to PS4.
Best example I can think of is Final Fantasy from Nintendo to Playstation?

One Night Only

Prison Bitch #24604
Absolute horse shit. Microsoft really are the man city of the gaming world. Throw money at stuff and ruin it for everyone. Absolute wankers. I am not even going to bother complete tr: de now. It can just feck off.

Alock1

Well, that was done because of the optical disc over anything else, so it's not the same thing.
I mean for fans, a game switching platforms after building reputation on another rather than whether it was moneyhatted or not.

botond

soul < money
Microsoft is not to be blamed for this , for them this is just a marketing as usual , its the developer who fecks the fans

Bojan11

Watch Glock defend MS over this then have a go at Bungie for selling out for timed DLC.

Alock1

What? :lol:

I don't like exclusive content for anyone, MS or Sony or Nintendo - if you're paying the same price for a game you should get the same content. I haven't ever paid money for it either.

Ducklegs

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Xbox exclusive = it will bomb.

Red Stone

I find the fact that the Xbone name has stuck far more hilarious than any one of the dick moves Microsoft has made or will make in the future.

How could they not see it coming? Idiots.

Code-CX

I didn't realise how salty people were going to get over this it's hilarious
I think a lot of us are just a bit pissed that this game is a sequel to a multiplatform game we all enjoyed and suddenly it's exclusive to one platform. They really did a fantastic job with rebooting the series and now many of us wont be able to play it. A part of me hopes this will be a timed exclusive but I doubt it.

Cina

I really wonder how much they're getting paid for this though. The PS4 has sold 10 million now, it's way ahead.

Olly Gunnar Solskjær

Marxist bacon-hating kebab-dodging Tinder rascal
Scout
They were released on PC atleast. It isn't just Sony fanboys angry over this.
But they still signed a contract to specifically make the series unavailable on the system in which the first game started out on.

I just find it funny that all over the internet you see people saying Microsoft are dicks and that Sony would never do such a thing.

Bojan11

I really wonder how much they're getting paid for this though. The PS4 has sold 10 million now, it's way ahead.
A shitload, I am guessing.

Square were moaning about sales on the last game saying 3.4m copies failed to meet expectations. And it cost £60m to make.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
But they still signed a contract to specifically make the series unavailable on the system in which the first game started out on.

I just find it funny that all over the internet you see people saying Microsoft are dicks and that Sony would never do such a thing.
I thought the first game started on Playstation too?

Alock1

Sony show they are willing to do this type of stuff constantly with the exclusive content which in my eyes is just as bad. Ok, it's not as impactful - but I've never understood why some people get extra stuff due to the platform they're on when everyone is paying the same.

If Sony had more cash to throw around, we'd see this from them too. I know Bloodborne is technically a new IP, but we all know it's basically a spiritual successor to Dark Souls which is a multiplatform game.

I'm not saying that Microsoft aren't cnuts, just that they're not the only ones.

Bojan11

Sony show they are willing to do this type of stuff constantly with the exclusive content which in my eyes is just as bad. Ok, it's not as impactful - but I've never understood why some people get extra stuff due to the platform they're on when everyone is paying the same.

If Sony had more cash to throw around, we'd see this from them too. I know Bloodborne is technically a new IP, but we all know it's basically a spiritual successor to Dark Souls which is a multiplatform game.

I'm not saying that Microsoft aren't cnuts, just that they're not the only ones.
Sony Japan are developing bloodbourne too.

And you do know what Dark Souls was a spiritual successor too?

Alock1

Sony Japan are developing bloodbourne too.

And you do know what Dark Souls was a spiritual successor too?
I do, but Sony had the chance to continue with Demon Souls and let it go multiplatform. After that point it really doesn't matter..

Come on.. we know that From Software are developing Bloodborne with a little collaboration from Sony.

It's not the same, but it shows a willingness from Sony to do similar. They don't simply rely on their own first party exclusives - infact, early Playstation eras were massively helped by third-party exclusive games.

No one is disputing that it's a dick move, but I think it's crazy that people think that MS are evil for it and that Sony/Nintendo wouldn't or haven't done similar.