Rival fans within the family

Ronnie O'Sullivan

Do any of you have like city, liverpool etc supporters within the family? My brother and Dad are die hard Liverpool fans and it can be really comical seeing their reactions during the football weekends, especially my Dad. During a bad Liverpool game there's so much cursing, swearing and unhappiness. He wants Rodgers and the entire liverpool squad dismissed. My brother doesn't like my dad's comments and they usually get into arguments over how Liverpool should be managed. However my Dad always gives credit to Man Utd (even though I know he loves it when we lose) but my brother loves to curse us like the Rawkites ;)

Let's hear your family stories :lol:

MUFCgal

My family all support United, my close family that is (parents, siblings, sis-in-law and niece).

My mum's side is small and support United.

My dad's side is big - he has two brothers, one supports United and the other Spurs. One cousin is a Liverpool supporter and yes he's a deluded moron, and I have called him that many times to his face. A few other cousins support United. Some of my dad's family I haven't spoken to in years but they support Bristol City, and absolutely detest all things Manchester United, to the point it borders obsessive behaviour.

Brightonian

Close family are good, we're all United fans. But my Dad's from a big Manchester clan who're split about 50/50. My uncle got married a couple of months ago. He's a blue, but one of the good ones. Clearly isn't sure whether to be happy about their success, or sad that they're not really the team he grew up with any more.

Anyway, the bride's father is not one of the good ones. I swear he talked more about Balotelli in his 'father of the bride' speech than about his daughter. Bit of a wanker, really.

kiristao

My brother doesnt give a shit about football buts gets absolute sadistic pleasure in pissing me off when United lose or are trailing in a match.

Cold_Boy

Brother is a Chelsea fan.

Can't really say he is a glory hunter as he is young and started following football 5-6 years ago. And he does watch every game and follows them passionately.

CassiusClaymore

Is it Gaizka Mendieta?
Scout
Supports
The greatest team in history
Yep. My Uncle and cousin live in Manchester and are City fans. I rarely see them.

My Grandad was a lifelong Liverpool fan and tried everything to get me into them when I was a nipper (taking me to games, buying me posters etc..) but I was having none of it. And those were the days when Liverpool were good.

Chabon

My Grandad from the Stockport side of the family was a massive City fan, and so most of my mother's family are too. That is to say they've suddenly become City fans in the last two years, having previously shown no real interest in football. It's made family gatherings more than a little tiresome of late.

Utd heap

Models for Coin.
Dad's side Red.

Mum's side Blue's.

Proper type's too, which makes it better as atleast they are not giddy idiots.

KanieKaned

Do any of you have like city, liverpool etc supporters within the family? My brother and Dad are die hard Liverpool fans and it can be really comical seeing their reactions during the football weekends, especially my Dad. During a bad Liverpool game there's so much cursing, swearing and unhappiness. He wants Rodgers and the entire liverpool squad dismissed. My brother doesn't like my dad's comments and they usually get into arguments over how Liverpool should be managed. However my Dad always gives credit to Man Utd (even though I know he loves it when we lose) but my brother loves to curse us like the Rawkites ;)

Let's hear your family stories :lol:
Im ver isolated, my Dads a liverpool fan and so are my two youngest brothers. My oldest brother hates footie. Ive then got some relatives who live just minutes from my mums who are all Leeds fans, the dirty fecking beggars!!!

adamwest

My missus has a season ticket to City. Goes to most away matches as well. Luckily she isn't half as insane as I am so she tends to be the level headed one.

Genius Me!

Proud EE fan, 10k club member & NSFW crew member
My dads a Liverpool fan and my step mum is an Arsenal fan, haven't lived with them for about 7 years now. I always take the piss out of Liverpool and whilst he follows them he's not a die hard fan like me so takes it all in great strides. My step mum on the other hand annoys the feck out of me because she hates united with a passion, so I can't stand her most of the time.

I don't understand how any football fan can hate SAF? He has to be the most respected manager in the world and is pretty much the godfather of managers. So yeah she riles me up, and even though she's an Arsenal fan she always wants Liverpool to do well because of my dad which I really don't get.

Antisocial

Has a Sony home cinema
All my immediate family are United - in fact it was the key criteria for my 16 year old cousin selecting her boyfriend.

On my sister-in-law's side, her sister is United but is married to a Liverpool supporter. They have three children, and I don't think he's allowed to mention Liverpool anywhere near the kids. Their eldest once decided to be a Chelsea supporter because he didn't want to choose between his parents - which I don't think satisfied either.

Liam147

On Probation
Obviously my father's a United fan, my brother sort of adopted Liverpool through Steven Gerrard. Doesn't know what he's talking about though. I have a few uncles and cousins who support Leeds, two who are die hard Sunderland fans, few Bradford in the mix too. Quite the mix really.

Anduin

Dad/Mum aren't much into football. Close friends mainly support Liverpool (they are not deluded though, just a bit of decent banter going on) and Arsenal. Missus has a soft spot for United, though she is not as passionate as me. Can't be any other club when watching most of the games with me though :wenger:

Dargonk

Ninja Scout
Scout
Myself and my partner are both United fans. Though she doesn't follow football and likely picked united to annoy her dad. Her dad is a City fan, while her brother is a Liverpool fan.

My family isn't really into football. My mum just follows which ever team has a black and white jersey as that is the colours of a local club near us

Timdbro

My old man's a chelsea fan (sounds like a 1950s variety hit). He's always so pleased when united lose, and he does that annoying thing where he says united will always win every match easily. Not necessarily with the intention of jinxing us but because he thinks we win too much. As a fan, its always a bit painful to hear him jinx us before every match. I keep trying to remind him, form's been average, midfield problems etc."nah, they always win"..

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
My family are all United fans, but the missus has some family members who are Liverpool fans. Most are ok and fairly sensible but one is a cretin and it's painful to be in the same room as him. If he signed up to RAWK they'd probably declare him overlord and give daily praise to his word.

sparky

My Mums side is all United- probably down to Great Uncle Tom Jones that. My Dad hates footie and so does my Brother. But my Uncle on my Dads side is a Liverpool fan. I do enjoy ribbing him!!

girish

I too love women...for their shoes.
All football watching relatives are United fans. They don't watch matches regularly though; And I've faced questions like "Which national team Carrick plays for?".

Dad's a heavy Brazil fan. And I've always hated them(mostly because of their fans in here.).

KiD MoYeS

Good Craig got his c'nuppins
There's no non-United fans in my family. I supported United 'cos my Dad did, he did 'cos his Dad did, and so on... Dunno if me and my Dad could watch games together if we supported different teams considering how heated we get as it is.

Ballache

Supports
Martial
I have a cousin that supports Liverpool, his brother supports United. My uncle supports Chelsea and i have a cousin that supports Barca. The rest are either United fans or don't watch football.

Barbara Charles

For the love of pickled beets
My father supported Nottingham Forest. This was back in the day when they were a good team. His second team was Palace, which he was able to go to as he spent a month in London each year. He and I had a friendly rivalry. We hardly threw things at each other after a match.

manutddjw

Dad supports United and was the one who got me and my brother into football. Unfortunately my brother is a Liverpool supporter and is a text book RAWKite, always talking about United buying officials and fabricating stories to prove this. Even worse, he's one of those who'll cheer on Chelsea or City even if they are playing Liverpool, because of what it means to United's title chase.

MG

My dad's side of the family are all United supporters, my mum's side of the family are all Arsenal supporters. Thank gawd my dad was the bigger footballing influence on me when I was a kid.

Badunk

Shares his caf joinday with Dante
My dad is United (he's the reason I am). My middle brother is Liverpool and my youngest one is Arsenal. Both just supported who was top of the league at the time but both are absolute die-hards who are bitter as feck and have brought their kids up the same. Makes for fantastic banter which me and my dad usually win :lol:

KGBhoy

My brother is a die-hard Arsenal supporter. Which is weird because we are both from Donetsk, Ukraine :)

My son is choosing between Spurs and Everton, which is even weirder because we live in Denver and he's 7. But he said he "hates Man Utd". What am I doing wrong as a parent?

Snow

Somewhere down the lane, a licky boom boom down
Dad's an Arsenal fan but doesn't really follow football much. Mom never followed football but now she knows a thing or two due to my older brother and me growing up with it and she subsequently became a United fan because of us.
The ex was a Liverpool fan as well as her whole family. Biggest rivalry I've gotten into but that was just banter and I was hardly much on a receiving end since well, they were Liverpool fans.