Riyad Mahrez | 2017/18 Performances

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
His playing style doesn't suit Man Utd's static attacking play with target man up front. It is the same for Sanchez as well. You need winger run to the baseline and cross the ball.
We don't have a playing style. I don't think our play is intentionally static. Something is wrong.

tomaldinho1

no he isn't coming to you because he wants to join Manchester City, plus you have never actually expressed any interest
Lol this

Just because we like a player doesn't mean Mou is obliged to want him. Willian for me would be the dream so I'm holding out for him

Aloysius's Back 3

no he isn't coming to you because he wants to join Manchester City, plus you have never actually expressed any interest
That's what i was saying; the reason he isn't joining us is because of Mourinho slightly rigid tactics. Now it is too late either way because he wants to go to city. However if we were willing to be adaptable with our tactics and showed some interested especially earlier on - then we would have had a good chance as many top clubs of getting Mahrez off of you guys.

There is apparently talk about our RB coming in to play RW - doubt its true, but if it is - shows how important a touchline hugging winger is to Mourinho.

Aloysius's Back 3

Lol this

Just because we like a player doesn't mean Mou is obliged to want him. Willian for me would be the dream so I'm holding out for him
Turning us in to Chelsea - Lukaku, Matic, Willian; far from a dream of mine. Jose has shown very little adaptability of coming here to manage United for the benefit of the club. He has not sat there and looked at the players and wondered about how to get players better & working as a functional unit; instead he has come with a same structure that bought him 'some' success at chelsea and looks to play with the same formation, the same players here at old trafford.

Signing Willian does nothing for us but cover up a weak spot with a stop gap for the benefit of Mourinho to leave this job having scraped a title if that.

Bearded One

That's what i was saying; the reason he isn't joining us is because of Mourinho slightly rigid tactics. Now it is too late either way because he wants to go to city. However if we were willing to be adaptable with our tactics and showed some interested especially earlier on - then we would have had a good chance as many top clubs of getting Mahrez off of you guys.

There is apparently talk about our RB coming in to play RW - doubt its true, but if it is - shows how important a touchline hugging winger is to Mourinho.
Apologies but I disagree with you. When we poached Sanchez was there any reference to playing style? Maybe we'll never really know why we didn't seem to attempt to sign him up or maybe we did? We'll never really know but what's important now is we must identify our target and go for it because RW is an obvious weak spot.

tomaldinho1

You need bigger dreams. If willian is the dream, I am not sure I want to see your reality.
Willian is a top player - he's had a bit part role this season and has turned up in all their big games. 3 gls + 1 assist in 4 CL games & 6 gls + 7 assists in 20 PL games (with many as sub). He is consistently very good which in my opinion is what we need given our inability to maintain our form this season and is loved by Mou so should be a stable presence on the RW.

Who can we realistically get that is a better option?

SouthPredators4

If William is coming while Mata leaves, i am quite okay with that. However, i would still like a younger natural wide right to compete since Lingard, Rashford and Martial are not the answers. Maybe Pulisic or Asensio though a tad unrealistic?

marktan

Gone a bit quiet on this from City, last reports were a £60m deal? Surely we can hijack that? That + a left back and Fred/Dalot would be a perfect summer for us..

James Peril

Gone a bit quiet on this from City, last reports were a £60m deal? Surely we can hijack that? That + a left back and Fred/Dalot would be a perfect summer for us..
Perfect? As in challenging for the league and becoming contenders in the Champions League? Hardly.

marktan

Perfect? As in challenging for the league and becoming contenders in the Champions League? Hardly.
Why not? Short of signing unobtainable wingers he's one of the best around. An actual quality RW and young, attacking full backs would be a big difference for us.
Granted Dalot isn't an established name, but Pool have shown that young fullbacks can surprise.

tomaldinho1

Why not? Short of signing unobtainable wingers he's one of the best around. An actual quality RW and young, attacking full backs would be a big difference for us.
Granted Dalot isn't an established name, but Pool have shown that young fullbacks can surprise.
I asked the same above but didn't get a response. He's a top player and I'm surprised people don't see that.

Sanche7

he doesn't want to join you
Oh yes you are right, even if we offer him more game time, same wages and maybe even throw in the #10 shirt, even then he won't want to join us.
He would rather sit on the bench at City

Jimmy Skitz

Supports
Leicester City
How do we know since we have never been in for him?
everything he has done has been to get to City, he was a boyhood Barca fan and Pep is his idol, he simply wants to play for Pep and no one else, if we could don't you think we'd sell him abroad so we don't have to face him?

Players have all the power now, no matter how much money you offer us it won't matter to him

RedStarUnited

everything he has done has been to get to City, he was a boyhood Barca fan and Pep is his idol, he simply wants to play for Pep and no one else, if we could don't you think we'd sell him abroad so we don't have to face him?

Players have all the power now, no matter how much money you offer us it won't matter to him
Whilst I believe he may want to play for Pep. If City cant agree a fee with Leicester and we can, Id be willing to bet those Pep dreams would disappear.

Mahrez has wanted out of Leicester for a while now, he wont let his dream of playing for Pep block that.

YouOnlyLiveTwice

he'll get both at City, it would be in our interest to have an open bidding war but his mind is made up
He would play more for us if he came here, and that is what good players want. We aren’t in for him though, so it’s a moot point. But taking in both clubs current state, i think he would pick us.

Jimmy Skitz

Supports
Leicester City
Whilst I believe he may want to play for Pep. If City cant agree a fee with Leicester and we can, Id be willing to bet those Pep dreams would disappear.

Mahrez has wanted out of Leicester for a while now, he wont let his dream of playing for Pep block that.
he doesn't need to, he can wait out 2 more years on good money and go for free to Man City, he knows his own game well enough to know that life would be miserable for him under Jose, he'd be dropped for not tracking back enough
He would play more for us if he came here, and that is what good players want. We aren’t in for him though, so it’s a moot point. But taking in both clubs current state, i think he would pick us.
I know you're struggling to accept this but Manchester United aren't the be all and end all anymore, City are a bigger draw, and Mahrez has made his mind up, this is the 2 clubs haggling over whether Patrick Roberts is included on top of the fee or making up part of the fee, Mahrez will be a Manchester City player

marktan

he doesn't need to, he can wait out 2 more years on good money and go for free to Man City, he knows his own game well enough to know that life would be miserable for him under Jose, he'd be dropped for not tracking back enough

I know you're struggling to accept this but Manchester United aren't the be all and end all anymore, City are a bigger draw, and Mahrez has made his mind up, this is the 2 clubs haggling over whether Patrick Roberts is included on top of the fee or making up part of the fee, Mahrez will be a Manchester City player
Hmm yes, I wonder how players like Ozil and Di Maria ever managed to play as wide players under Mourinho..

Mahrez does enough tracking back at Leceister when they don't have the ball for most of the match, wouldn't be anything new to him.

The point is we have a far bigger need for a RW than City do, he'd get more game time here. But I guess he'd be happy enough leaving for City's bench as long as he finally manages out of Leiecester after like what the last 5 transfer windows.

YouOnlyLiveTwice

Actually what i mean is that City have a much better team than us, that means Mahrez would find it harder to get in their team. For us he would be a sure starter.

Bwuk

Personally think this is a bad move for Mahrez as he won’t bench Sterling or Sane.

Would be pissed off if I was Bernardo.

Jimmy Skitz

Supports
Leicester City
Personally think this is a bad move for Mahrez as he won’t bench Sterling or Sane.

Would be pissed off if I was Bernardo.
doesn't need to, the way Pep rotates he'd play a lot of games and Sterling/Sane aside they don't have another natural wide man, something people keep missing.

Bernardo is a central player really, his problem is David Silva and KDB

RedStarUnited

he doesn't need to, he can wait out 2 more years on good money and go for free to Man City, he knows his own game well enough to know that life would be miserable for him under Jose, he'd be dropped for not tracking back enough.
Pep might not be at Man City in 2 years. And Mahrez played for a defensive/counter attacking Leicester City team and excelled. Its not like he is used to playing in a tea, that keeps the ball.

Bwuk

doesn't need to, the way Pep rotates he'd play a lot of games and Sterling/Sane aside they don't have another natural wide man, something people keep missing.

Bernardo is a central player really, his problem is David Silva and KDB
Does he though? I don’t recall Sane or Sterling being rotated much - a quick search says Sterling played 33 games in the league and Sane 32.

Pretty much all of Bernardos appearances were on the right according to whoscored as well. He’s not going to be playing central any time soon as they’ve Silva, KdB, Fernandinho, Gundogan and most likely Jorginho ahead of him for those positions.

Mahrez is more than good enough for a top side but I don’t think this is the right club for him. He’s too good to be on on the bench.