Riyad Mahrez | It's part of the game innit

el3mel

So they had Sane and Sterling doing great and went on to add more quality that will limit the number of minutes of both, interesting.

marktan

Would've been ideal for us imo but I'm still hopeful we have another RW lined up from somewhere. City have crazy attacking depth though atm whereas we struggle to put one top class wide player out between all of our options.

leontas

Good squad player but not sure who he would displace from the City front three. Looks like Sterling might give way for most games but they also have Bernando Silva on the bench. Makes sense for City to add some depth, but not sure how much game time he'll get.

DarkChildUTD

They sign Mahrez, we get no one for right wing as yet, resign fellaini, lose martial and are left hoping sanchez pulls it out his rear end for next season. Arounatovic anyone?

ravi2

Like when we signed Tevez, Hargreaves, Nani and Anderson after a title win. Or when we signed Berbatov after a double.
I was more thinking when we sold Ronaldo and bought Valencia.
Valencia was good in his day but definitely not a replacement for Ronaldo.

Damien

Self-Aware RedCafe Database (and Admin)
Staff
They sign Mahrez, we get no one for right wing as yet, resign fellaini, lose martial and are left hoping sanchez pulls it out his rear end for next season. Arounatovic anyone?
Arnautovic isn't good enough, and he mostly played on the left or centrally. We've got enough players who play in those two positions.

Treble

So they had Sane and Sterling doing great and went on to add more quality that will limit the number of minutes of both, interesting.
There will be plenty of playing time for any of them. But it won't be easy to keep them happy because they can't play all in the biggest games. Adding new stars to an already top squad may have negative consequences.

Ban

Pity we didnt do that when we were at the top.
As it stands we dont have one quality winger today
Yeah we really didn't buy players when we dominated. :rolleyes:

As for Mahrez, congratulations City on a new title.

Shimo

Holy crap - 60m. They are stacked on attackers in all departments.

Robbie Boy

He’s such a talented player, I have to say I’m pretty pissed we didn’t attempt to sign him.

Uniquim

This is the exact type of thing Fergie would do to be honest. I think he wrote about it in one of his books, or spoke about it, that the season after you win the league you need to replenish the squad to keep your players sharp. Even if he ends up not grabbing a regular spot in the XI, signing Mahrez could end up doing wonders for the rest of the attacking part of the squad, having to fight off the new threat to their position in the squad etc.

Stubble

So city now have 3 players who can do a great job on the right wing - Mahrez, B Silva and Sterling - and we have Mata - says it all really..

endless_wheelies

feeling dizzy
I think he'll start for them, so incredibly skillful it's hard to imagine the things he'll do when he can't be marked out of a game.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
He'll start, probably in place of Sterling IMO. It's a weird one in that he's obviously better then Sterling, but I don't think they'll improve on last season in the league at least, and they scored plenty of goals anyway. But still pretty much a necessary one for them given that Aguero is aging and they only really had Jesus and Bernardo Silva in the rotation for the front 3 spots.

Strange that we never went for him, given how shite we are at right wing. Kinda wish we let Sanchez go there in January and got Mahrez and just stuck with the Martial/Rashford rotation for the left (which worked better in the first half of the season then what we saw in the 2nd half)... but there you go. Hopefully we have someone lined up for the right wing.

dannyrhinos89

OMG socks and sandals lol!
it’s funny because they would have won the league again even if they made no signings yet they’ve signed a top quality player in a position they’re already stacked in.

What’s even more hilarious is he would’ve been perfect for us and that pesky RW position...oh well.

ravi2

You’re right, but I feel we should have snapped Robben that season.
We could have possibly gotten Ribery as well, but after the Glazers took over I suspect they put a stop to excessive spending because of the interested payments they had to make due to the leveraged buyout.

ravi2

So city now have 3 players who can do a great job on the right wing - Mahrez, B Silva and Sterling - and we have Mata - says it all really..
Exactly, they are at the top and their transfer business shows they aim to stay there.

ravi2

There was never going to be an ideal replacement for Ronaldo.
True but Robben and/or Ribery could have been acquired for the right price.
Real cant fully replace Ronaldo either but Hazard and Lewa or Icardi would go a long way.

Skills

Snitch
I'm sure he'll do well there, but I thought they would go for a striker instead if they were going to upgrade the attack. With Aguero out, Jesus was horribly exposed by Liverpool as incapable of leading the line. And Aguero happens to out a lot.

Keeps It tidy

Hates Messi
True but Robben and/or Ribery could have been acquired for the right price.
Real cant fully replace Ronaldo either but Hazard and Lewa or Icardi would go a long way.
Robben could have been acquired but, at the time he was an injury prone player nobody expected him to have the impact he had for Bayern. Ribery was never attainable.

Massive Spanner

Give Mason Mount a chance!
If we weren't in for him I'm pretty baffled. About as safe an option as we could have asked for on the right.