Riyad Mahrez

PaulRich

Reports that he's getting frustrated at City over lack of game time. If it ever became possible would he be worth a cheeky knock down bid do you think?

Sign an actual right winger? You must be mad.

He'd be a good addition but he's not exactly young anymore and they would never sell him to us.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
The sad thing is they probably would sell him to us (if we wanted him) as we are no longer a threat to them.

TheRedDevil'sAdvocate

Yeah, another one season wonder who switches on only when the ball arrives at his feet and when that happens, he rarely raises his head to initiate a play but only looks how to finish it. He's exactly what we need. Play him on the right with Martial on the left. Why have only one player who just waits by the sideline (and every defender and his dog know that his first thought will always be to cut inside) when you can have two? Perfect symmetry!

He looks lost with a world class midfield and ball-playing defenders to support him. Imagine if Woodward was actually stupid enough to pay City for him...

But surely he isn't that stupid. Or is he? :nervous:

Raw

Anything would improve our right wing. Anything.

But I have to echo some of the thoughts above, if he's not doing as good at City with their utterly stacked team then would he do well at our disjointed mess of a team? Plus will he have the right mentality to always work his hardest? Can't have yet another mercenary who tries about 50% of the time.

He should be considered, but there are probably better options out there.

Kaglish10

Don't want him. His movement and linkup play have always been a suspect. It was one of the reason I had wanted Mane over him, apart from Mane's blistering pace but unfortunately it didn't materialise.

Mahrez can only work out in a counter attacking system that is built around him. I really don't want a player we have to build around him and if we were to build around a player, he shouldn't be the player.

R'hllor

He would be perfect for us, would fit us like a glove, another one who sees hard work as his worst nightmare.

GuyfromAustria

If his missed penalty at Anfield decides the league, I would hate his guts before he kicked a ball here.

simplyared

Getting him would be asking for trouble. If Sanchez can missfire as he has done, then there is absolutely nothing to convince me he wouldn't go the same way.

BlueHaze

I'm not a fan of him or his playstyle at all but I tell you what. If we had him at RW instead of Lingard or whatever else useless crap we play there we would probably have had 4th locked by now.

IrishRedDevil

It would be typical United - don’t sign the player when he’s available from a smaller club, let him move to another club, then take the cast-offs.

Canagel

We had a gap on our right for years and he will have suited us. But mourinho brought us sanchez instead.

redshaw

Sure we can offer both Mahrez and Bale decent pension plans.

andyox

Supports
Manchester City
I don't really know if we'd block him moving to United, if you offered the right price. It's not like he's a City legend and it's a reluctant sale.

He's massively talented but I've been really disappointed with him this season. Too often chooses the wrong option and plays selfishly, but worse than that is that he doesn't ever appear to be putting a shift in. I think he might work best as a big fish in a small pond, where he's a guaranteed starter and the team is built around his creativity. He's never going to get that at City.

Spiersey

Supports
Chelsea
Comfortably the most overrated player in the league. Has a very low football IQ and doesn’t fit in well into a decent side. He’s fine for counter attacking football but he’s massively out his depth at the elite level.

sugar_kane

Comfortably the most overrated player in the league. Has a very low football IQ and doesn’t fit in well into a decent side. He’s fine for counter attacking football but he’s massively out his depth at the elite level.
So perfect for us then

BobbyManc

Supports
Man City
Don't want him. His movement and linkup play have always been a suspect. It was one of the reason I had wanted Mane over him, apart from Mane's blistering pace but unfortunately it didn't materialise.

Mahrez can only work out in a counter attacking system that is built around him. I really don't want a player we have to build around him and if we were to build around a player, he shouldn't be the player.
That's not true, if anything Leicester's side was/is built around Vardy. Mahrez is too talented to only be effective in a team built around him. There's a lot of people calling Mahrez a one season wonder but that's clearly not the case, he continued to show his quality after that. His stats at City have still been impressive in spite of his limited minutes. He has struggled to make the step up and I'm not convinced he suits City's style or that he'll improve much next season if he stays but he is undeniably a very gifted player. A wonderful left foot and his delivery into the box is bettered only be de Bruyne at City. Having said that I'm not sure he'd fare particularly well with United, I reckon you'd be better off putting the money towards someone like Bailey at Leverkusen.

Kaglish10

That's not true, if anything Leicester's side was/is built around Vardy. Mahrez is too talented to only be effective in a team built around him. There's a lot of people calling Mahrez a one season wonder but that's clearly not the case, he continued to show his quality after that. His stats at City have still been impressive in spite of his limited minutes. He has struggled to make the step up and I'm not convinced he suits City's style or that he'll improve much next season if he stays but he is undeniably a very gifted player. A wonderful left foot and his delivery into the box is bettered only be de Bruyne at City. Having said that I'm not sure he'd fare particularly well with United, I reckon you'd be better off putting the money towards someone like Bailey at Leverkusen.
Maybe Leicester was built around him or not but I wasn't impressed with his movement nor linkup play even while he was at Leicester. At that time, I did a side by side comparison between him and Mane and Mane was my choice but sadly, we didn't sign him.

If City wouldn't mind to offer us at 20mil, I wouldn't mind though.

Ole’s Wheel

Supports
CR7
No thanks, there’s better players to get.

Let’s not take sloppy seconds please.

RooneyLegend

Exactly what we need. He doesn't work at City cause of how restricted his role is there.

Jimmy Skitz

Supports
Leicester City
Awww is the arrogant little prick unhappy at not starting, shame!

Bet he won’t go on strike this time to force a move though

ThierryHenry14

Supports
Arsenal
I will take him in a heart beat to replace Mkhitaryan. The problem as always is we can't afford his transfer fee.

MikeKing

Supports
Bournemouth
Liked him at Leicester but City took a punt and he has basically failed, which a lot of top clubs predicted with him if I remember correctly, something about scouting reports where his mentality was in question. So, with that in mind he should be the absolute last thing we should aim for.

Plays for City. Would cost as much as they paid, 50m or so. Big wages. Question about mentality. No leader. Makes another transfer like Sancho or similar more unlikely. Nah.

Spiersey

Supports
Chelsea
Liked him at Leicester but City took a punt and he has basically failed, which a lot of top clubs predicted with him if I remember correctly, something about scouting reports where his mentality was in question. So, with that in mind he should be the absolute last thing we should aim for.

Plays for City. Would cost as much as they paid, 50m or so. Big wages. Question about mentality. No leader. Makes another transfer like Sancho or similar more unlikely. Nah.
His mentality is a disgrace. Watched him loads for Algeria and he has one of the worst attitudes I've seen from a decent level player.

BobbyManc

Supports
Man City
His mentality is a disgrace. Watched him loads for Algeria and he has one of the worst attitudes I've seen from a decent level player.
Wasn't he benched for them recently in a World Cup qualifier? I thought that seemed strange seen as he obviously didn't need the rest, maybe it was to do with his attitude then.

Himannv

I've never rated him all that highly. I've always thought Kante was the real engine behind that Leicester team and Vardy's pace up front was what gave then that directness. He's a good player but not someone I'd sign for United due to his inconsistency.

MadMike

He's a good player and I would have signed him back in the day, but I don't want seconds from City.

Also, he knew what the was getting into. Competing for spots with B.Silva, Sterling and Sane was never going to guarantee him any games. If he's willing to give up fighting for a place after only a year it doesn't bode well for how up he is for a fight.