Robbie Savage: Man Utd are the real deal - whoever finishes above them next season will win the title

Kane wouldn't fit our style of play at all, he'd just slow us down. Would he even get in the team given the form of our front three?
Is there a reason to make this switch for anything OTHER than the fact that Kane is English and Martial French? Utter nonsense.
Ah, this brings back memories :')

Utterly ridiculous that so many people were peddling this narrative last year.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
What was that nonsense about how City could make 10 changes and get through situations like tonight.

No they couldn't, not with 3 games in 5 days, ands not against a top 4 team.

sincher

"I will cry if Rooney leaves"
I am a bit disappointed. We should have played more of the first team: AWB, McTominay, Cavani and tried harder to push City all the way, and to get revenge for the cup defeat. The players tried their best but too many were off the pace and the midfield was clearly overrun for too long on the second half. We should at least have changed it sooner and brought a CM on. There didn't seem much point in changing it up front when the real problem was clearly in midfield.

Really hope for a better showing on Thursday.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
I am a bit disappointed. We should have played more of the first team: AWB, McTominay, Cavani and tried harder to push City all the way, and to get revenge for the cup defeat. The players tried their best but too many were off the pace and the midfield was clearly overrun for too long on the second half. We should at least have changed it sooner and brought a CM on. There didn't seem much point in changing it up front when the real problem was clearly in midfield.

You know we play Liverpool on Thursday right? A mere 48 hours time?

Ole got it spot on I think. Apart from making a sub at a corner, a big no-no.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
Between City and Chelsea next season according to Savage

His son is on our books isn't he? Transfer list him tomorrow :smirk:

UnrelatedPsuedo

I pity the poor fool who stinks like I do!

Today is Tuesday. Thursday is 48 hours away. Jeez

Green_Red

Agree. Happy to see the youngsters get a shot. Think Mata could be doing a job somewhere, and done think we really need him anymore.

sincher

What was that nonsense about how City could make 10 changes and get through situations like tonight.

No they couldn't, not with 3 games in 5 days, ands not against a top 4 team.
Their second XI is better than ours tbh and while far from certain I would say they would have a significantly better chance of beating Leicester in that game.

I mean if the first team is Ederson, Walker, Stones, Dias, Cancelo, Rodri, Gundogan, KDB, Mahrez, Foden, Silva their second is something like:

Steffen
Garcia
Ake
Laporte
Mendy
Fernandinho
Zinchenko
Torres
Sterling
Aguero
Jesus

Hell of a forward line anyway and a decent defence. Throw in a first team midfielder for the 10 changes and that's a strong lineup.

Last edited:

hubbuh

He's a radio jockey on TalkSport, isn't he? He's literally paid to stir the shit pot. Balls to him.

sincher

Obviously I know. I think 3 more first teamers could have started, not such a controversial opinion really, and I think we could have won the game. But even with the XI that we started with, the subs seemed late and wrong to me. Not convinced resting so many gives us a better chance of beating Liverpool either.

Chesterlestreet

Man of the crowd
Well, nice of ol' Robbie to say so - but it's a bold statement as things stand. Not because we aren't headed in the right direction - we clearly are. But because the competition is likely to be brutal.

The league could turn into a proper multiple horse race next season, with all three of United, Chelsea and Liverpool being up for a fight with City.

Also, I'll be moderately shocked if we buy both Kane and Sancho. Not unpleasantly shocked - but shocked.

macheda14

Between City and Chelsea next season according to Savage

His son is on our books isn't he? Transfer list him tomorrow :smirk:
Unfortunately I think I agree with him unless we do wonders in the transfer window. Chelsea are looking very good under Tuchel have a lot of talent in their squad but most importantly have a lot of money to spend this summer.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Obviously I know. I think 3 more first teamers could have started, not such a controversial opinion really, and I think we could have won the game. But even with the XI that we started with, the subs seemed late and wrong to me. Not convinced resting so many gives us a better chance of beating Liverpool either.
Course it does. Liverpool played on Saturday, so our first team already have a day less rest playing on Sunday.
It couldn't possibly help playing more first teamers tonight and expect them not to be at a disadvantage in a mere 2 days time.

But you only joined 6 months after those posts were made.
I lurked without signing up for most of last season, couldn't be arsed with the stupid promotion system. Remember this topic and those posts in particular.

But it was bafflingly prevalent here and on other forums. You had people thinking Kane was holding both Spurs and England back, and he didn't even have a bad season :lol:

dal

I sometimes think the United managers, Ole and Mourinho are told by Ferguson “just blame me if they say you can’t repeat my success, just say there’s more completions now”. I’ve heard it from both of these and it just makes me think.

Ferguson had to deal with, Liverpool when Benitez was might close, Mourinho who he saw off and then city’s millions from 10-13 which he say off and retired.

I mean if he was here now I hope he would win one of these titles in these last 3 years, yes the points tallies were remarkable but he would have upped his game. Win three in a row you bald twat then we will talk.

alexthelion

Their second XI is better than ours tbh and while far from certain I would say they would have a significantly better chance of beating Leicester in that game.

I mean if the first team is Ederson, Walker, Stones, Dias, Cancelo, Rodri, Gundogan, KDB, Mahrez, Foden, Silva their second is something like:

Steffen
Garcia
Ake
Laporte
Mendy
Fernandinho
Zinchenko
Torres
Sterling
Aguero
Jesus

Hell of a forward line anyway and a decent defence. Throw in a first team midfielder for the 10 changes and that's a strong lineup.
Their second XI that lost to a team lower than Leicester?

MichaelRed

I lurked without signing up for most of last season, couldn't be arsed with the stupid promotion system. Remember this topic and those posts in particular.

But it was bafflingly prevalent here and on other forums. You had people thinking Kane was holding both Spurs and England back, and he didn't even have a bad season :lol:
It's not stupid. It keeps airheads like yourself from making regular posts.

Woodzy

Asked Joleon Lescott what it was like being a 5th choice centre back on live TV, cracked me up.

It's not stupid. It keeps airheads like yourself from making regular posts.
I make about five posts a week, and about half of them are making fun of the idiotic things regular users here say - exhibit A: the "Rashford is a midtable player" bunch.

And (anecdotally speaking) the most idiotic ones are usually from guys with thousands of active posts on here. So the system clearly doesn't work if your objective is quality control.

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
I make about five posts a week, and about half of them are making fun of the idiotic things regular users here say - exhibit A: the "Rashford is a midtable player" bunch.

And (anecdotally speaking) the most idiotic ones are usually from guys with thousands of active posts on here. So the system clearly doesn't work if your objective is quality control.
I have no words for you attitude.

I was out of order barging into this topic to drag up those year-old posts, to be fair. They weren't even that bad, just referring to a topic that really cranks me.

Most of the people I attack on here are the bunch I was referring to.

Rightnr

Wants players fined for winning away.

Cafxit next. Take back control (of the promotion system).

diarm

Whenever I see a newbie say this, I picture the runty fella on the Inbetweeners saying: "she's probably a lesbian anyway".