Rodrigo Possebon

Elliott

Likes Loan Stickies
It was bollox, just like the 2 Nigerians. I think..

Richter

Hairy big footed Swede
I read somewhere that he is joining us next summer.

Elliott

Likes Loan Stickies
That's a bit strange, but hopefully it's right. Always nice to add talent to the academy. Perhaps Tony could ask around about whether or not he's coming over next summer..?

MrMarcello

In a well-ordered universe...
(Sing to the chorus of Thong Song)

I like it when Rodrigo goes
Down the flank
Rodrigo make your booty go
Down the flank
Rodrigo I know you wanna show
That Possebon da bon bon bon

PS18

is that for definite? he's definitely not listed on Internacional's website as a player now, but i'd not heard anything about him joining.

wiki says "Possebom was expected to sign a pre-contractual agreement with Manchester United, but will not join the club due to other clubs being interested in him. Reports say the deal was worth 910,000 Brazilian reais (£240,000)", for all that's worth (probably nothing).

good news if we've signed him, might get to see him in the reserves before long.

oskarutd

is that for definite? he's definitely not listed on Internacional's website as a player now, but i'd not heard anything about him joining.

wiki says "Possebom was expected to sign a pre-contractual agreement with Manchester United, but will not join the club due to other clubs being interested in him. Reports say the deal was worth 910,000 Brazilian reais (£240,000)", for all that's worth (probably nothing).

good news if we've signed him, might get to see him in the reserves before long.
There is a game on thursday in the cup he might figure in.
I think he is more than 18, so he should be able to play.

Elliott

Likes Loan Stickies
What's you source on this one, Oskar? Great news if true.

The Wizard

There hasn´t been anything yet by the club about the twins, so that tells you something.
Good point.

Well hope you're right would be nice to see the lad in action for us. If you get any more concrete news let us know. Cheers.

68-99-08

My source is trusted. He has not let me down. No weblink.
Did you get any word on the Nigerian twins or any other of those players we've been linked with? What about Joshua King, will he figure in our youth team much this season?

oskarutd

Did you get any word on the Nigerian twins or any other of those players we've been linked with? What about Joshua King, will he figure in our youth team much this season?
King is playing with the u-16s, also Cofie. The u-18s have so many bodies, it is difficult for the u-16s to get a game, even Ajose doesn´t get a sniff these days.
The Nigerians I have no more information on.

PS18

Official website is woefully out of date, that's for sure. No mention of that Irish kid, Brady, either.

How'd you find out about Possebon anyway? He's been like the Scarlet Pimpernel for about a year now.
Brady's unlikely to get mentioned i suppose, he's not an apprentice/scholar yet and you know what the club are like these days with kids below the u18's.

sincher

"I will cry if Rooney leaves"
Possebom is the way it's spelt consistently on Internacional's website, so that looks like the right spelling.

He certainly seems to have moved on somewhere. Last year he was playing (looks like central midfield) for their juniors in the Sao Paolo cup - think he may have been captain. This year he's not on their roster. I'd trust oskar and say we bagged him in a similar way to Fabio and Rafael, who we also stopped from playing for Internacional.

PS18

just speaking to a brazilian acquaintance on another forum, he says Inter rescinded Possebom's contract in the last week/10 days and that he thinks it's almost certain that's because he's joined us.

would be nice if the club could confirm it, but i won't hold my breath.

PS18

being linked by who? wouldn't have any real faith in the press having a clue what's going on, so i wouldn't dismiss oskar's source just yet.

Name Changed

weso26
being linked by who? wouldn't have any real faith in the press having a clue what's going on, so i wouldn't dismiss oskar's source just yet.
I read somewhere about 3 weeks ago (I don't remember where, some shitty tabloid) that there was a host of clubs after him. I presume the paper is wrong. Is there any way to get confirmation that this guy has signed?

BezsMaracas

Just found the answer, as usual, on Wiki:

Rodrigo Pereira Possebom (b. February 13, 1989 in Sapucaia do Sul, Rio Grande do Sul, Brazil), better known as Rodrigo Possebom, is a defensive midfielder currently playing for Brazilian football club Internacional.

Possebom was expected to sign a pre-contractual agreement with Manchester United, but will not join the club due to other clubs being interested in him. Reports say the deal was worth 910,000 Brazilian reais (£240,000). Possebom said of the speculation, "It is not the fulfilment of a dream . . . I wish to develop my career playing at Brentford as the facilities they offer seem satisfactory which is more than I can say about those at Manchester ."

Cold_Boy

Rodrigo Pereira Possebom (b. February 13, 1989 in Sapucaia do Sul, Rio Grande do Sul, Brazil), better known as Rodrigo Possebom, is a defensive midfielder currently playing for Brazilian football club Internacional.

Possebom was expected to sign a pre-contractual agreement with Manchester United, but will not join the club due to other clubs being interested in him. Reports say the deal was worth 910,000 Brazilian reais (£240,000). Possebom said of the speculation, "It is not the fulfilment of a dream . . . I wish to develop my career playing at Brentford as the facilities they offer seem satisfactory which is more than I can say about those at Manchester ."
:confused:

Alex

:lol:

oskarutd

It was true !
link

Possebon given squad number

Sir Alex Ferguson has handed United's number 34 shirt to Brazilian youngster Rodrigo Possebon.

The 18-year-old midfielder, who completed a transfer from Sport Club Internacional last month, is expected to keep learning his trade in United's Reserves, but will now be eligible for senior duty if required.

The primarily right-footed youngster, who turns 19 next week, is a tall, athletic holding midfielder. He takes over the squad number vacated by Ryan Shawcross following his transfer to Stoke City.

Possebon has joined Anderson as the second Brazilian in United's squad but, while his compatriot has been a sensation in his first season at Old Trafford, the Reds' wealth of midfield talent will make it difficult for Possebon to make a senior impression this season.