Rodrigo Possebon

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
You'll find lots of playground players who can dribble against reserve team players, but that's about it then.

Those compilations can be very misleading, plus he's already compared with Pirlo, which is ridiculous
Nah, I know, people get crazily excited about young kids at the club. When that young kid is a new signing and a Brazilian, there's gonna be all sorts of nonsense talking about him in the caf.

I watched the full 90 minutes last night, though, and he had an excellent debut. Here's hoping he can kick on from there.

Elliott

Likes Loan Stickies
Looks nothing special from the youtube clip. Which means feck all. Did he play any senior games in Brazil?

relx

Frnkie Sys
Rodrigo catches the eye

United's new Brazilian midfielder Rodrigo Possebon turned in an impressive display on his first start for the Reserves on Thursday evening.

Although United were beaten by Blackburn at Northwich, the 19-year-old's outstanding contribution was not lost on Reds legend Paddy Crerand.

"I’m looking forward to seeing an awful lot more of this boy," Paddy told MUTV. "He was fantastic tonight.

"He can use both feet, he’s very calm on the ball and his passing is very, very good. He’s a big lad too, so he’s strong and can hold off players."

While the Brazilian's technical skills were there for all to see, it was his awareness of the play around him which augurs particularly well in Crerand's eyes.

"Players like Paul Scholes are always looking around and know exactly where they want to play the ball before it even comes to them," he said. "This kid looks as if he could be that kind of player."

manutd.com

carpy

Puff the magic dragon
This compilations says nothing. On every playground you see boys doing nice moves. Doesnt say they are good footballers.

Could be a great talent nevertheless
Why are you hanging around playgrounds?

Pervert.

charleysurf

Obnoxious, abusive bellend who is best ignored
It would be very strange if United just discovered a great talent that was basically unknown in Brazil. At 19 he is old enough that surely he would have had more interest shown in him by big clubs if he really was good enough to play for United.

I'd lump him in with Manucho as a bit of a long shot to be a regular first team player for United, but certainly well worth the risk.

Cold_Boy

It would be very strange if United just discovered a great talent that was basically unknown in Brazil. At 19 he is old enough that surely he would have had more interest shown in him by big clubs if he really was good enough to play for United.

I'd lump him in with Manucho as a bit of a long shot to be a regular first team player for United, but certainly well worth the risk.
Agreed.

68-99-08

Reminds me of Michael Carrick the way he played last night. Very good technique compared to the other players in his age group. I could count on one hand the amount of times he give away the ball.

OldRed1

I thought that, when he was first mentioned several weeks (or even months) ago, that there were several clubs chasing him and he has represented Brazil at youth level so he's hardly unknown.

Ekeke

How are people proclaiming he's like Hargreaves and Keane already from that video? We hardly see him put a tackle in. Plenty of nice touches on the ball and very accurate passing... But that's not Roy Keane and its the opposite of Hargreaves.

Cold_Boy

How are people proclaiming he's like Hargreaves and Keane already from that video? We hardly see him put a tackle in. Plenty of nice touches on the ball and very accurate passing... But that's not Roy Keane and its the opposite of Hargreaves.
Agreed.

Elliott

Likes Loan Stickies
We paid 3,5 million Euros for him. Pretty expensive long shot that. But I see your point.

Toffa

Its hard to tell from clips like that, if he is going to be what we hope.

But from watching the game, the thing that impressed me about him was
that he played the game constantly with his head up! A rare quality from
someone so young & in a new environment. An attribute not to disimilar to
the unsung Carrick, he may even get more praise cos he has a more fashionable name. lol

I stress early days, but we may have found a future star

kevg

Rodrigo starting again for the reserves tonight v Wigan. Live on MUTV ko at 7pm for anyone interested.

Striker10

"Ronaldo and trophies > Manchester United football
no ligament damage either. happy days

Red Devil Finn

Bag Princess
Surprising that Possebon didn't brake his leg, because it was really nasty tackle. Good that he didn't brake anything though. Being for a long time out at this point of his career could have been really dangerous.

rednev

There is non worthy of worship except God
What ever happened to Rodrigo Possebon?

Is he dead?