Romelu Lukaku | 2015/16 Performances

izec

4? Apart from the penalty, which other chances are you talking about? His shot that De Gea saved with his leg was from a very tight angle, was never going to score from there. His header over the goal where Besic ran into him was too high for him.
Penalty, Rooney header, the Fellaini last ditch tackle, and another header? I thought he shoukd have scored 2 of those.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
Oh boy, they are not happy with him on the Everton forum :lol: most are saying they should cash in on him. As brutal as he was today, Everton are dreaming if they think they can get someone better than him. That Niasse bloke they bought seems to be a dud despite spending £13 million on him. Today proved he's a big game bottler though. But if he was to go PSG he'd look amazing (like most the PSG players other than Veratti et al) and he would score about 40 goals a season but would he seriously do it in the Champions league? They would have the same problem they have with Zlatan this past few seasons.
We won't get better than him in a long time. The fact that he broke the record for goal scoring and stuff for us proves that, but at the same time he runs his mouth a lot for someone that hasn't proved himself in the big games yet. That's what i get pissed off at him about. This was a time to show he deserved his big move, he hasn't taken it.

Oga on top.

Supports
Liverpool
We won't get better than him in a long time. The fact that he broke the record for goal scoring and stuff for us proves that, but at the same time he runs his mouth a lot for someone that hasn't proved himself in the big games yet. That's what i get pissed off at him about. This was a time to show he deserved his big move, he hasn't taken it.
It's annoyed the hell out of me as well. Him and his agent have big fecking mouths, always talking up a move. He knew what he was getting when he moved to Everton and he hasn't done all that much to demand a move to a big club. As it stands which big club would start him? he has the first touch of a baby elephant, not just today either even at Anfield he barely moved. If he stays at Everton though with him still being the main man he'll get 15-20 goals a season guaranteed. Maybe he'll become more prolific as he matures.

redmeister

I'm amazed no one has mentioned his age or "potential" whilst putting his poor showing in context. It's usually given as the reason for people rating him so highly despite him blatantly just not being that good. At 17 he was seen as the next big thing, but I really don't see a great deal of progress. Every time he has a good run people point out how much he's improved and so on, as if he wasn't doing those things in the past. You'd think until this season he'd never done a decent lay off! I really don't see an obvious difference between the Lukaku who had a great loan at WBA and the Lukaku of this season.

BBRBB

Supports
Paris Saint-Germain
Oh boy, they are not happy with him on the Everton forum :lol: most are saying they should cash in on him. As brutal as he was today, Everton are dreaming if they think they can get someone better than him. That Niasse bloke they bought seems to be a dud despite spending £13 million on him. Today proved he's a big game bottler though. But if he was to go PSG he'd look amazing (like most the PSG players other than Veratti et al) and he would score about 40 goals a season but would he seriously do it in the Champions league? They would have the same problem they have with Zlatan this past few seasons.
He would score his fair share of goals but it's not easy to look good for PSG as Cavani proves because when you don't have A+ technique it sticks out even more.

united_99

Takes pleasure in other people's pain
One positive I can take if we hire Mourinho is that hopefully he won't buy him. Overrated, terrible touch, big mouth and overpriced.

LouisDanGaal

Really good player, and I know he destroyed Chelsea in the last round but he usually isn't great against the big teams so I wasn't surprised that he had a bad game today.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
It was a really really bad performance from him today.

Kaos

Funny how every time I've watched him he's been shite, despite his impressive record this season.

Walters_19_MuFc

Should have scored today, but he's a handful. Still needs to brush up on some of his game, but getting into goalscoring opportunities is the most important thing, and that's what he does well. On another day, he would have probably had a hat trick.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
Last month I wanted him over Kane
This month I want Kane
Reality is we won't get either but who cares when we have Martial

Snow

Somewhere down the lane, a licky boom boom down
Penalty, Rooney header, the Fellaini last ditch tackle, and another header? I thought he shoukd have scored 2 of those.
Don't think it's fair to put the Fellaini tackle on him and what other header was there?

I started watching at the 6th minute so I missed the Rooney clearance.

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
4? Apart from the penalty, which other chances are you talking about? His shot that De Gea saved with his leg was from a very tight angle, was never going to score from there. His header over the goal where Besic ran into him was too high for him.
From memory, 2 in 1st 15 mins of the game, and also one messed up glancing header. And there were more.

Surely it's in the official stats.

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
Last month I wanted him over Kane
This month I want Kane
Reality is we won't get either but who cares when we have Martial
This. Martial is the real deal and will perform maybe 50% better than this season. Any incoming transfer cannot compromise his development

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
Nah he was shite today, fluffed all of their chances in a crucial game. Talks about champions league, move to big club, didn't show any big player mentality today. He's been quiet last few weeks anyway.
Poor lad blew his over pitched reputation today. I hope it was simply a bad day and does not ruin his career, but I suspect he is a Heskey/Benteke prototype and not the next Drogba or Ruud van Nistelroy.

I certainly don't want him at United anymore despite vouchers for him earlier this season. He can't yet cope with the pressure

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
He will never be a world class player imo. His first touch is a disgrace. Without it he will never elevate his game.

Beej

He will never be a world class player imo. His first touch is a disgrace. Without it he will never elevate his game.
People complain about Rooney's first touch, but Lukaku makes him look like bloody Zidane. Truly woeful.

kenny19

Not even 25 and his first touch is worse than Rooney's. He really should thank deleoufo for at least half of his goals. I have never seen a more lazy gifted footballer in my life. Does practically nothing off ball and when he does get the ball he spends haff the time actually chasing it. Another footballer who thinks he's the finished product but will constantly disappoint on the big stage. Please United stay far away from him.

kenny19

Funny how every time I've watched him he's been shite, despite his impressive record this season.
Most of his goals come from that ex barcelona player Deulofeu. Not that its not impressive but if you actually watch him you would know the guy is usually a mess.

Footyislife

How he's rated so highly with how wasteful he is is truly mind boggling. I think Welbeck is a more lethal finisher than him...

Amar__

Geriatric lover and empath
Supports
MK Dons
I think Lukaku case explains the hype around premierleague players and the league really well.

ZDwyr

His touch really lets him down. He's not quite as clinical as he should be either. Considering the price tag that often gets attached to him anyway.

JosDeVos

Supports
Neutral.
While all the criticism aimed at Lukaku is more than justified, he simply should never have started yesterday's game. Everyone knew what Italy would be up to, giving Belgium no space to work in, exactly what Lukaku needs to thrive. His skillset isn't made for a slow possession-based game against an opponent happy to defend deep and in numbers.

At least he made me some easy money as I put 5 on him not playing the full 90' knowing full well that he'd be completely ineffective and bound to be replaced sooner or later.
Cheers Wilmots, you incompetent dingleberry.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
I'll say again that he has the footballing ability of your average centre half. Technically terrible.

I remember being called clueless around January times by Silent Witness, who insisted I was talking about the 'old Lukaku'. I've seen no change, Origi is different class to him in terms of ball manipulation. Benteke is better too for my money, although he's had a poor season.

AshfordLad

Since joining everton he has scored 28 goals in 73 games. I do not see how his value has increased from 28m to 65m. :lol:

Apart from the 18 he put in last year, making him the 4th best striker in the EPL? ;)
Scoring the "4th highest" goals does not make him the "4th best" striker.
By that logic James Beatie was better than Henry and vanNistelrooy.

Devil may care

He had a mare, first touch was awful and he fluffed his lines when he did get through on goal.

sammyvine

I'll say again that he has the footballing ability of your average centre half. Technically terrible.

I remember being called clueless around January times by Silent Witness, who insisted I was talking about the 'old Lukaku'. I've seen no change, Origi is different class to him in terms of ball manipulation. Benteke is better too for my money, although he's had a poor season.
How can a PL striker who has scored plenty of goals have average ability?
He is a good striker he just isn't the best when the ball is pinged to him. He more of an areial physical striker than a Suarez who brings others into play

legball

I swear sometime this season a large chunk of United fans wanted us to spend big on him, I hope we don't. His first touch is poor, he's generally clumsy, doesn't score that much and he offers nothing else when he's not scoring.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
How can a PL striker who has scored plenty of goals have average ability?
He is a good striker he just isn't the best when the ball is pinged to him. He more of an areial physical striker than a Suarez who brings others into play
I don't know, ask Lukaku.

What you have said is again similar to the strengths of a centre half. He has no guile at all to his game.