Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
If Mourinho can drop the likes of Martial and co for a few mistakes here and there, Lukaku shouldn't start a game for us for 3 months now.

Amar__

Geriatric lover and empath
Supports
MK Dons
Probably the worst first XI player I have seen playing for United that was playing for such a long period as a starter. Absolutely terrible player.

Prodigy24

Does not deserve the shirt. Get rid of him as soon as the window opens. Absolutely useless player, no matter how 'out of form' he might be.

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
He was absolutely useless.

How Mourinho thinks he can base our game plan around launching the ball at him is beyond me. He's terrible at it even when it good form, let alone when he's playing like shit. It's one thing for Mourinho to play shit football but it's another to play shit football so badly.

If you want someone to win the ball in the air, hold it up and bring others into play then there are about four or five players in the squad who would definitely be better than Lukaku in that role. We can all see that he's losing ball after ball. Why persist? Just play Fellaini up there if that's what you are asking Lukaku to do.

We could have played Juan Mata as the target man today and our performance would have been unaffected. Utterly, utterly stupid.

ReallyUSA

He's over until he loses the fecking weight. You are a fecking footballer not a bodybuilder.

acnumber9

I've defended the abuse aimed at Lukaku in the past but his 'performance' today was disgraceful. If I can even call it that. I mean he spent the entire game being unable to hold the ball/ missing the ball/ being out muscled/taking a heavy touch/ reacting late. It was absolutely appalling to watch a United number 9 look so completely lost on the pitch. It felt like we had chucked in some 17 year old who was out of his depth.

I felt he was a useful player but I'm beginning to change my mind. He'd not a Manchester United striker. He could be a decent back up but I'm not sure he'll ever be that.
That’s exactly how he plays in every single game. Even forgetting all the terrible touches, he’s the laziest player in our team. Continually playing him is Mourinho’s biggest mistake.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
That’s exactly how he plays in every single game. Even forgetting all the terrible touches, he’s the laziest player in our team. Continually playing him is Mourinho’s biggest mistake.
VVD wasn't even tested. Even when Lukaku was in a position of strength he managed to make VVDs joke piss easy.

Raw

The worst starting striker we've had in PL history I reckon. Such a useless fecking lump of a "player".

Johan07

He's over until he loses the fecking weight. You are a fecking footballer not a bodybuilder.
He actually looked much more ripped today. Its obvious that he has been working on that. That said he was completely horrendous today and it wont matter if he slims down even more. How we could spend that money on Lukaku, Matic and Sanchez is beyond me. Mourinho should be out the door tomorrow.

marktan

He actually looked much more ripped today. Its obvious that he has been working on that. That said he was completely horrendous today and it wont matter if he slims down even more. How we could spend that money on Lukaku, Matic and Sanchez is beyond me. Mourinho should be out the door tomorrow.
The problem for Lukaku is that it's really hard to lose big muscle quickly. Fat you can lose quickly but muscle takes time. Anthony Joshua said he had the same issue - he bulked up for a fight which meant he kept getting gassed, but then he found out afterwards it took him a long while to lose that extra muscle for his next fight.

R'hllor

I dont expect him to be perfect in every single department as a striker, so not gonna have a go at him but my brain just cannot process how the feck professional football player can have that type of touch, on top of it him waving his arms like he is traffic cop on a crossroad makes my blood boil.

ReallyUSA

I wanted him to work so bad. I think I'm looking to give him an out in my mind. Just disappointed man, bought his shirts, and ... I dunno man I dunno

ArmchairCritic

You got pets me too mines are dead
I feel bad for him. He's never going to be a top level United forward but he's way better than what he's showing right now.

Wb12345

He has to be more aggressive as a target man, run towards the ball hold it up and lay it off to other players. He doesn't do enough, he just floats around a lot totally ineffective.

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
I defended him so much last season but he’s a fecking joke this season.
Aye. I'm still clinging on to the hope that another manager who uses him better will at least get him playing like he has for Everton and Belgium in the past but in all honesty he's been absolutely horrendous this year.

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
You know when people use the phrase "he did one good thing all game" as a way of saying someone was crap?

Well this is becoming literally true for Lukaku. He will literally do one good thing all game, and the rest of it will be utter, utter dog shit.

ZlatMan

To quote the wise words of Andy Tate:

YOU ARE THE BIGGEST FOOL IN MANCHESTER!!!

starman

Rooney
Zlatan
Van Persie
Hernandez
Wellbeck
Berbatov
Saha
Van Nistelrooy
Sheringham
Solskjaer
Manucho
Falcao
Dong
Rashford
Martial
Diouf
Forlan
Wilson
Cole
Yorke
Cantona
Hughes

Probably missing some, but I would probably only put him above Dong, Diouf, Wilson & Manucho as the best United strikers over the last 25 years with a first team appearance

nesty

I almost feel sorry for him at this stage. Inb4 bUt He iS PaId tHousAnDs!!!!11!

In all seriousness, I think he knows deep down he can't lead the line for Manchester United. Eventually the abuse received will be too much and he'll look to exit for somewhere in the Bundesliga (I don't think he would do any better in Spain or Italy).

Echoing Roy Keanes thoughts, the players simply aren't good enough for a team aspiring to win the title.

Raw

Mourinho thinks he wasn't bad today :lol:

I guess when you have a manager who wants you to play like utter garbage then it's no surprise he's playing like this.

kiristao

I never like to slate players but for Lukaku I will have to make an exception. He claims he has bulked up but the likes of Salah do a much better job at holding off defenders. He doesn't seem to be muscle defenders off. He barely wins a header in offense or defense. He doesn't make runs down the channels like a Rashford does. He doesn't anticipate. He is always late to react to a ball passed in space. I am really struggling to see what is it that he brings to the team..

Greck

Will never have that touch. Time to turn to sport science and develop an adhesive boot for lumps like him

marko goalo

Watching Sky and they're discussing the issue of Pogba and other Utd weaknesses but I don't understand why they never single out Lukaku post match. It's as if they have a blind side to this useless 'footballer' the same way Jose has.

el3mel

I don't get it. How can this guy be a footballer ? I'm sure he chose the wrong sport. He doesn't look like a sunday league player when it comes to technique for me. He needs to retire and change sports ASAP.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
Worst transfer in our history. We won't recoup half of our outlay.

Jazz

Just in case anyone missed it. I don't like Mount.
Can't even blame him no more. Unless Jose is blind as a bat, it's obvious we play better without him. Why he insists on not only playing him, but never subbing him is beyond anyone's comprehension. Can't really blame the player when the manager keeps fecking playing him even when he's shit.

Dec9003

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
I don't think hes appropriately timed a jump for a header this season, washed up.

Status
Not open for further replies.