4.8 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

el3mel

Can't call him today, the service to him was absolutely shocking. There was much worse performances by others.....
Eh this service thing again ? He doesn't get much service because his movement and positioning is terrible in the final third. Mate, you can't create for a statue standing upfront. I have been saying this for a long time now. The reason we don't create much when he's playing upfront is thanks to him.

Lukaku is useful on the right or as a sub when we're pressing. He actually should have been on the bench and enter tonight when we were losing not the opposite.

Litch

Think he did ok this game. His positioning was very good. Shame no one could pass the ball to him. And when they did it was too late or in a non scoring position. Everyone just kept crossing it to him. Hell he woul df have made yet another assists had rashford scored. Lukaku made that chance happen. I know it's a positive post. Very rare on here.
Best put your fire suit on if you post anything remotely positive about him....

Today cemented it for me. He needs to go. How we can be so fluid in attack for 8 games, and how static we are as soon as he starts. It's like playing with 10 men. He puts himself in positions where nobody can pass to him, and when they do he almost never gets to it first.

Litch

Eh this service thing again ? He doesn't get much service because his movement and positioning is terrible in the final third. Mate, you can't create for a statue standing upfront. I have been saying this for a long time now. The reason we don't create much when he's playing upfront is thanks to him.

Lukaku is useful on the right or as a sub when we're pressing. He actually should have been on the bench and enter tonight when we were losing not the opposite.
Movement? Did you see any space in behind to move too? There's a reason why we crossed the ball that often today and how many long range shots did we take. Like I said, I know people don't like him but it's absolute nonsense to suggest that we didn't create much thanks to him. If people need someone to take their frustrations out of cause we drew, there's a long list of other players they can post about. Aside from anything else, he created our best chance for Rashford.....

JoaquinJoaquin

I don't think it's his performances which are the worst thing. It's the style of football completely changes, and becomes the anti United way.

el3mel

Movement? Did you see any space in behind to move too? There's a reason why we crossed the ball that often today and how many long range shots did we take. Like I said, I know people don't like him but it's about nonsense to suggest that we didn't create much thanks to him. If people need someone to take their frustrations out of cause we drew, there's a long list of other players they can post about. Aside from anything else, he created our best chance for Rashford.....
I have seen Rashford consistently moving against parked buses and creating spaces for his teammates to create chances. You can't create for a static guy who barely moves and stands there waiting for the ball to reach him.

It's pretty obvious the change that happens when Lukaku plays and when Rashford or anyone else plays in this position. We always, always look more fluid with the latter. At this point it's the nonsense thing to not deduce the lack of service is thanks to him alone.

PlayerOne

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
I thought he was fine and was very harsh to take him off when we needed a goal. The service was poor tonight, not much he can do.

ash_86

We should not be starting Lukaku at top when Rashford is there. It messes with our plays as well as takes out Rashford from the game. Rasford is not a wide forward, he's poor in that role.

Greck

He isn't serviceable. He comes off and Rashford gets golden chances in the same setup he struggles to get a single shot off. If you can't plant the ball square within a 2 metre radius of where he's standing that's goodnight for him

beergod

Today cemented it for me. He needs to go. How we can be so fluid in attack for 8 games, and how static we are as soon as he starts. It's like playing with 10 men. He puts himself in positions where nobody can pass to him, and when they do he almost never gets to it first.
It has to drive his teammates crazy how so many of his runs require an inch perfect ball curled around the defender to reach him.

MetoTTT

Can't call him today, the service to him was absolutely shocking. There was much worse performances by others.....
This. Could have an assist and a goal. The easy scapegoat these days, now Fellaini is gone. Did ok IMO.

DelBanco

I think he was not as bad as people write here, at least he was better than Rashford who lost tha ball every time he touched it and missed several chances.

Movement? Did you see any space in behind to move too? There's a reason why we crossed the ball that often today and how many long range shots did we take. Like I said, I know people don't like him but it's absolute nonsense to suggest that we didn't create much thanks to him. If people need someone to take their frustrations out of cause we drew, there's a long list of other players they can post about. Aside from anything else, he created our best chance for Rashford.....
He only created that chance because he nearly fell over the ball again.

Movement upfront is much more than just making runs in behind to get a through ball. Lukaku stands literally still unless he thinks a pass to him is on, and even then he often doesn't move more than a couple of feet.

Marcelinho87

Not a bad player but doesn't suit the way we wanna play. I would cut our losses and go for a more mobile, technical striker.

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
His movement in the box when we have the ball out wide is a little weird. Thought he did ok today should have had an assist early on, but there is something off with his movement in the box that needs sorting

Sayros

Supports
Paris Saint-Germain
I think he was fine, given that the team as a whole was poor. He laid a chance on a platter for Rashford to score from and almost had a goal of his own. Personally, I don't think either Rashford or Lukaku should be up front, it should be Martial who is the best finisher at the club. Rashford can be quite good from the left wing, the big issue as always is the right wing.

Xaviboy

Think he doesn't offer much with his back to play, so playing centrally as a number 9 doesn't help us, he needs to be facing play for him to be more effective. The role he played Friday night v Arsenal suits him more. He can run the channels and use his power and pace running forward facing play. Think he should be used out there more. Maybe instead of Mata when Lingard doesn't play. Use Rashford as the central striker and Lingard are as false 9 when Rashford can't play.

MetoTTT

Herrera, Martial and Lingard out of the starting XI has a lot to do, it's not just down to Lukaku. "It's like playing" with 10 men"...c'mon, mate...

Andy_Cole

Not sure if it’s noticeable on TB, but off the ball his movement is non existent. He was the reason for our slow attack today. Hugely missed Lingard and Martial.

Ole made a mistake in starting him centre forward. Making him the focal point ruined our attacks. I hope Ole has learnt from this.

Litch

I have seen Rashford consistently moving against parked buses and creating spaces for his teammates to create chances. You can't create for a static guy who barely moves and stands there waiting for the ball to reach him.

It's pretty obvious the change that happens when Lukaku plays and when Rashford or anyone else plays in this position. We always, always look more fluid with the latter. At this point it's the nonsense thing to not deduce the lack of service is thanks to him alone.
I'll say it again, TODAY the service to him was shocking. This was never going to be like the other games as they defend deep and there was zero space between the lines. The game plan was clearly to get the ball wide to Young but his crossing was completely off. If you want to moan about him in general, join the queue. I'm not him biggest fan but no way am I gonna apportion any blame on him for this piss poor performance.

tomaldinho1

The 'no service' brigade need to take a long hard look in the mirror. 70% possession, 26 shots at goal and infinite crosses into the box. If the guy could be bothered to move and not keep imitating the whomping willow he'd have had a bit more service.

Lukaku's issue is that he is so static he's a) easy to mark and b) rarely available to receive the ball

Therefore, naturally you would assume he'd be excellent aerially and physically - a Drogba, Mitrovic, Deeney type player who will run CBs ragged and create space through disruption or a flick on for his team mates - but he's not. He is a body in the box and that's about it, the occasional assist or goal for a £75m player just isn't good enough when he's playing as a striker.

el3mel

I'll say it again, TODAY the service to him was shocking. This was never going to be like the other games as they defend deep and there was zero space between the lines. The game plan was clearly to get the ball wide to Young but his crossing was completely off. If you want to moan about him in general, join the queue. I'm not him biggest fan but no way am I gonna apportion any blame on him for this piss poor performance.
The service is always shocking whenever he plays upfront. It surprisingly becomes better when Rashford becomes the striker, then returns to shite again when Lukaku plays. You can't be simply not seeing the trend here.

Litch

He only created that chance because he nearly fell over the ball again.

Movement upfront is much more than just making runs in behind to get a through ball. Lukaku stands literally still unless he thinks a pass to him is on, and even then he often doesn't move more than a couple of feet.
Created the chance nonetheless. You'd have taken 1-0 if he scored it off his backside. I'm sure him scoring the 100 goals, they all weren't off his backside either. I'm not his biggest fan but some of the rubbish I've read on here is laughable. How many goals and assists has he contributed to the team since Ole took over? Not saying he's the answer and fully understand in absence of Fellaini and now Lindelof has been playing well, the forum needs a dog to kick. It wasn't that long ago it was Rashford too.....

Last edited:

Loublaze

ATLien
Are you forgetting he started against Arsenal and got two stunning assists?

Hugh Jass

Shave Dass

This 100%. Ok i am setting the barometer very high, but compare Lukakus movement of the ball to Ronaldos. Part of what makes Ronaldo so good is his sixth sense of making movements. Now not every movement yields a chance, but over the course of the game it leads to chances.

Lukaku seems to just expect the ball to land on his feet or head.

He should have had an assist though. rashford should have sidefooted that around the keeper and not tried the chip.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
He wasn’t great, although Rashford was worse. If he scores his absolute sitter that Rom lays on for him we walk that game.

Litch

The service is always shocking whenever he plays upfront. It surprisingly becomes better when Rashford becomes the striker, then returns to shite again when Lukaku plays. You can't be simply not seeing the trend here.
So not being able to cross the ball is down to him? It's funny cause I thought the system allows anyone of the 3 to play as forwards. We seen that today as wasn't Marcus in the striker position when he missed the chance?

Today draw was about mistakes and not about Rom....there's no trend given it's only 9 games under Ole and he's hardly started any. So the goals or the assists don't count?

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Exactly the type of game where he needs to step up and take his chance if he wants more than a squad player role. Didnt take it.

Canagel

His overall game and movement is too poor. He created for Rashford but what after that? Was crying out for striker to attack near post yet he hangs back each times.

el3mel

So not being able to cross the ball is down to him? It's funny cause I thought the system allows anyone of the 3 to play as forwards. We seen that today as wasn't Marcus in the striker position when he missed the chance?

Today draw was about mistakes and not about Rom....there's no trend given it's only 9 games under Ole and he's hardly started any. So the goals or the assists don't count?
If you're not in good position to receive a cross, no cross will ever reach you. That's what I mean by lack of movement. You can't be standing still and waiting for the cross to reach you. You need to move and put yourself in a great position so that the crosser have easier chances to get the ball to.

He wasn't the reason we drew but that's his thread so we're talking about him.

Kan

He was bad. He barely moved from the center to the flank to receive the ball and when he did the first touch ruined the chance.

He also doesn't have the ability to do a hold-up play both from deep and as the spearhead. He doesn't even try to make runs to open them up. All he wanted to do is to be in a position to score goal. As a result, he hided between lines and did nothing.

Frankly, it's far from good enough for the top teams. I think he'll turn out good if he get an epiphany on how to use his body and judging the ball in the air.

Hugh Jass

Shave Dass
I think it is a combination of both. Youngs crossing was poor no doubt, but Lukakus movement was poor as well.

Even under Mourinho Rashford was always making clever runs in behind.

Lukakus movement is something i saw in other games under Mourinho. He seems to just expect the ball to magically land at his feet.

Sauldogba

Because he was told to not help defensively past the middle of the field...
Our tactic (also vs Spurs) was for the RCF and LCF (not wingers) to not track their fullbacks. Herrera was the one tracking Kolasinic not Lukaku
If thats the case then im at fault.
Although i still dont think he has the agility or legs to be an out and out winger against the best teams.
/
Thought he played pretty well tonight.
Could have done better mind you but not much complaints from me tonight

Litch

If you're not in good position to receive a cross, no cross will ever reach you. That's what I mean by lack of movement. You can't be standing still and waiting for the cross to reach you. You need to move and put yourself in a great position so that the crosser have easier chances to get the ball to.

He wasn't the reason we drew but that's his thread so we're talking about him.
I like a good debate like anyone and I know he has his limitations but can someone explain to me how a lad who hasbroken records in the prem and internationally scores over a 100 goals without not having any movement? Coaching is so easy behind a keyboard or with a joypad......

el3mel

I like a good debate like anyone and I know he has his limitations but can someone explain to me how a lad who hasbroken records in the prem and internationally scores over a 100 goals without not having any movement? Coaching is so easy behind a keyboard or with a joypad......
He was moving far more with Everton because he was slim and lean. If you check his Everton goals and now you'll notice how his body has changed. With Everton he was lean, thus fast and aggressive. Now he has become a muscular bulk and all these muscles slowed him a lot and made him very static.

Lukaku of United is nothing like Lukaku of Everton, sadly enough.

I had posted this video here previously. Check his goals with Everton and compare his body to our current player. You won't help but feel it's a completely different player, for the worse unfortunately.

ravi2

I don't think it's his performances which are the worst thing. It's the style of football completely changes, and becomes the anti United way.
We should not be starting Lukaku at top when Rashford is there. It messes with our plays as well as takes out Rashford from the game. Rasford is not a wide forward, he's poor in that role.
He isn't serviceable. He comes off and Rashford gets golden chances in the same setup he struggles to get a single shot off. If you can't plant the ball square within a 2 metre radius of where he's standing that's goodnight for him
He's the new Fellaini.
I knew it was going to be tough for us with Lukaku, Mata and Periera starting.
When Mata and Lukaku play together, its like the front line becomes static and makes us so much easier to defend against.

Lukaku needs to be offloaded this summer and lets get in a fast winger who can beat his man and create space up top.

Rozski

I think anyone saying that he created the chance for Rashford as a reason he had an ok game should really take notice that he should have created a chance for himself there pretty easily.

He is a strange player. Basically wants to play the game like Martial but has the body of a target man. I don’t think he’s terrible but really doesn’t suit us. Play him on the right or as a sub for the rest of the year and try to move him in the summer.

Status
Not open for further replies.