View full 2018-19 profile

4.8 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.
This kind of stuff is ridiculous. If it was another striker for any team that isn't United then you along with everyone who criticises Lukaku would be saying we should sign the player. He scores at an exceptional rate for Belgium, the amount of goals he has scored for Belgium is not to be sniffed at.

He has a similar goals record to Kane in the PL, has scored the same amount of PL goals as Drogba in 20 less games, but he gets lots of criticism and people call him average or just a good player. Whereas the former 2 are being/were classed as World Class.

It is only because Lukaku plays for United that he gets the stick that he does. If he played for City or Spurs etc people would be saying different things about him.
That’s you overhyping him in reaction to some people underrating him. Kane’s record is far better, and far better against the top teams. Kane is simply a better player. Lukuku is good, but he will never be a world class striker.

Classical Mechanic

Not really, he faces the same level of oppostion that other top countries face.
Plus he seems to score in every game, he doesn't just stat pad every other game.
Not sure what your point is, Berbatov had a better international scoring record than Aguero. David Healy has a similar record to Agüero at international level FFS.

I’m only interested in what Lukaku does for United, it’s the only measure I care about.

If you want to try and prove Lukaku is a World class striker for filling his boots against the likes of Gibraltar, Cyprus, Saudi Arabia, Luxembourg, Panama etc then don’t let me get in your way. United very rarely get to play such overmatched teams though.

Inter Yer Nan

This kind of stuff is ridiculous. If it was another striker for any team that isn't United then you along with everyone who criticises Lukaku would be saying we should sign the player. He scores at an exceptional rate for Belgium, the amount of goals he has scored for Belgium is not to be sniffed at.

He has a similar goals record to Kane in the PL, has scored the same amount of PL goals as Drogba in 20 less games, but he gets lots of criticism and people call him average or just a good player. Whereas the former 2 are being/were classed as World Class.

It is only because Lukaku plays for United that he gets the stick that he does. If he played for City or Spurs etc people would be saying different things about him.
I agree. He's ridiculed by oppo fans because he's a United player and he's ridiculed by large sections of our online fans because he's a United player.

Lukaku is quality. He has his limitations, sure. He also has his strengths and more often than not for club and country they yield very positive results and performances.

cyberman

Not sure what your point is, Berbatov had a better international scoring record than Aguero. David Healy has a similar record to Agüero at international level FFS.

I’m only interested in what Lukaku does for United, it’s the only measure I care about.

If you want to try and prove Lukaku is a World class striker for filling his boots against the likes of Gibraltar, Cyprus, Saudi Arabia, Luxembourg, Panama etc then don’t let me get in your way. United very rarely get to play such overmatched teams though.
Im not trying to prove anybody is world class, Im just asking why other strikers from top nations cant match his record when everybody is rotating the same opposition?
If its simply down to facing over matched opponents then your very post is an argument against your point.

RedPed

Whatabouter.

It's not because he plays for United. It's his finishing that gets him stick. He's great at scoring goals in the box (like he did today) but he's dogshit at one on ones and running in on goal. Aguero puts these goals away every week and rarely misses. Lukaku needs to improve in this area to get the full credit he deserves. If we're going to compete at the top level, we can't afford to be fluffing chances like that on a regular basis.....that's where his stick comes from.

cyberman

That’s you overhyping him in reaction to some people underrating him. Kane’s record is far better, and far better against the top teams. Kane is simply a better player. Lukuku is good, but he will never be a world class striker.
Lukaku played better than Kane during the last WC so?....

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
His international scoring record is ‘insane’ with something like 75% of his goals coming against seriously overmatched teams.
You keep banging on about “overmatched teams” as though Belgium get a uniquely easy run of fixtures. Which is, of course, bollox. You get a very occasional outlier (at countries who play in very weak qualification pools i.e. not Belgium) but, in general, prolific international strikers are damn good players.

As for his league career, considering how he’s been playing mainly for Everton, West Brom and a far from vintage United side you could argue that the exact opposite is the case.

RooneyLegend

He was with Everton before us and still getting the criticism. A player with his technical deficiencies should be playing in a front 2 imo.

RooneyLegend

He was with Everton before us and still getting the criticism. A player with his technical deficiencies should be playing in a front 2 imo.

Classical Mechanic

Im not trying to prove anybody is world class, Im just asking why other strikers from top nations cant match his record when everybody is rotating the same opposition?
If its simply down to facing over matched opponents then your very post is an argument against your point.
Loads of strikers better his ratio at international level so I’m not sure what you’re getting at. Berbatov at 0.61 has a better ratio, Javier Hernandez is slightly worse at 0.47 to Lukaku’s 0.55, playing for inferior sides too.

Since his international scoring record really took off in 2016 he’s scored 23 of his 32 goals against Panama, Tunisia, Gibraltar, Cyprus, ROI, Finland, Iceland, Scotland, Bosnia & Herzegovina, Estonia, Saudi Arabia and Costa Rica.

You’re talking teams that range from non-league to Championship level which is why it means little to me. United rarely play sides of such low quality and when they do players like Lukaku are often rested.

Lukaku played better than Kane during the last WC so?....
Lots of players were better than Messi at the World Cup - what’s your point?

The vast majority of fans on here know that Kane is a better player than Lukuku, that’s just common sense. I like Lukuku, he’s a good player, and he’s got the right attitude, but he is not one of the top players around.

I couldn’t care less about his international scoring record, lots of players have been great at international level and average for their clubs and vide versa. The only thing that matters to me is what he does for Utd. He’s a good player, but his record is average for a striker at a top club, nowhere near World Class. I’m glad we have him, but someone like Kane is clearly far better.

el3mel

He's indeed a flat track bully. He still plays well against big teams but seems to never get chances to score against them, even in World Cup he did well in general but still only scored against Tunisia and Panama and didn't get any chances against Brazil, France or England. When it comes to scoring he's a flat track bully, doesn't mean he's bad all the time in these big games though.

cyberman

Loads of strikers better his ratio at international level so I’m not sure what you’re getting at. Berbatov at 0.61 has a better ratio, Javier Hernandez is slightly worse at 0.47 to Lukaku’s 0.55, playing for inferior sides too.

Since his international scoring record really took off in 2016 he’s scored 23 of his 32 goals against Panama, Tunisia, Gibraltar, Cyprus, ROI, Finland, Iceland, Scotland, Bosnia & Herzegovina, Estonia, Saudi Arabia and Costa Rica.

You’re talking teams that range from non-league to Championship level which is why it means little to me. United rarely play sides of such low quality and when they do players like Lukaku are often rested.
Who is talking about ratios? You seem to be going out of your way to discredit Lukaku here which is ridiculous quite frankly.
Even then you're not quoting players who play in teams that overmatch lower opposition so you're not even back up your original point.
We don't need stats to prove Lukaku isn't the greatest goalscorer in the history of international football tbh.
He has a better than 1 in 2 record despite starting off so young that his early games that has an asterisk next to them simply because he was so young (as we see with Kane) It really is a fantastic record.

Nickosaur

Score goals, get criticism from your own supporters . Makes sense.
Baffles me. Couldn't believe what I was seeing in the Burnley match day thread where Lukaku was motm and scored two goals. Spoilt kids.

Sylar

We need somebody who can cross as we aren't taking advantage of one of his strengths

The holy trinity 68

The disparager
First team games and goals stats.

Lukaku 372 games 175 goals

Kane 295 games 167 goals.

Baring in mind they are the same age but Lukaku was playing in the PL at 18 and Kane at 21.

So Kane was not thrown into the top level until he was ready. Lukaku had to develop his game against better players at a younger age.

So a lot of games Lukaku played were when he was young and had to develop in a harder environment.

Kane has been at Spurs most of his career around very good players. Lukaku was at West Brom and Everton for a fair chunk of his PL career. Playing with worse players than Kane.

Both very good players but to say one is World class and the other isn’t is harsh.

Canagel

We don't learn anything new with Lukaku again. He just helps himself to a bucketload of goals against shite opposition but I'm still waiting for him to do it consistently against the top teams. Until then I can't say he's world class.

Aloysius's Back 3

I literally could not care how many goals Lukaku scores - for every hatrick against Panama there is ridiculous misses, a fragile first touch that seems to be a part of the player genuine way of playing football - ie I don't see it changing when he achieves the peak of his career. For a player to play a bullying type of strikers football ultimately comes with consequences either to himself or his team- the exception being Adriano back in 2000's.

He has a lack of technical ability & considering he only scored 16 goals or so - I'd prefer to see martial & Rashford upfront as they together can score the amount of goals I'm sure Lukaku will get this year plus against the better teams.

Not a bad player - but should not be our only player; which is currently the way he is set up for United & sometimes even for Belgium. The game where de bryune played as a false 9 instead of him was the best performance I had seen from them & Lukaku was simply not a target man.

GifLord

Better at GIFs than posts
He's indeed a flat track bully. He still plays well against big teams but seems to never get chances to score against them, even in World Cup he did well in general but still only scored against Tunisia and Panama and didn't get any chances against Brazil, France or England. When it comes to scoring he's a flat track bully, doesn't mean he's bad all the time in these big games though.
Actually he did have 2 chances against England (3rd place match)

U can guess what happend.
His poor first touch let him down

@ 3:48 and 9:07

Last edited:

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
Amazing isn't it. Forget Belgium, he scored 2 against Burnley and still got so much shit.

Btw he is getting shit for scoring against Icelnad, who had such a great 2-3 years. Played decent world cup, finished top of their qualifying group with Croatia finishing second. They also reached QFs of Euro 2016 beating England in round of 16.

Last edited:

meninred

"Lukaku the great our relied friend"

"Who scores tons of goals - it was burnley before and now iceland"

"Please keep on scoring against the minnows"

"So we finish fourth against all odds"

Source..a devoted fan..

SpyLuke10

He’s 25 and has a chance to be top 3 all time epl scorers.

Great player, he’s certainly not the position I’d improve upon *cough* left wing *cough*
left wing? huh? wtf mate, we have martial, alexis and rashford.

SpyLuke10

while he may have had a higher goal conversion percentage than kane last season, i think that is deceptive. lukaku misses (or nearly misses) way too many sitters. Its unbelievable!

tenpoless

No 6-pack, just 2Pac
Supports
4-4-2 classic
"Lukaku the great our relied friend"

"Who scores tons of goals - it was burnley before and now iceland"

"Please keep on scoring against the minnows"

"So we finish fourth against all odds"

Source..a devoted fan..
Like you, for example.:rolleyes:

haram

while he may have had a higher goal conversion percentage than kane last season, i think that is deceptive. lukaku misses (or nearly misses) way too many sitters. Its unbelievable!
How many sitters did he miss last year?

tenpoless

No 6-pack, just 2Pac
Supports
4-4-2 classic
I want him to score a perfect hatrick (head, bollocks and thighs) against the likes of Real Madrid and Barcelona otherwise his goals mean nothing and should be criticized at all cost. And if He scores against minnows then He's just an attention seeking striker that shouldn't be taken seriously.

MuranoLover

First team games and goals stats.

Lukaku 372 games 175 goals

Kane 295 games 167 goals.

Baring in mind they are the same age but Lukaku was playing in the PL at 18 and Kane at 21.

So Kane was not thrown into the top level until he was ready. Lukaku had to develop his game against better players at a younger age.

So a lot of games Lukaku played were when he was young and had to develop in a harder environment.

Kane has been at Spurs most of his career around very good players. Lukaku was at West Brom and Everton for a fair chunk of his PL career. Playing with worse players than Kane.

Both very good players but to say one is World class and the other isn’t is harsh.
So show us the stats after Kane also came to PL

SSSSnake

He still has room to improve no doubt but he’s not he problem. If he were at spurs or city he’d have probably double his goal tally.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
From premier league official website

Big chances missed

2018-19
Lukaku - 4
Kane - 4

2017-18
Kane - 18
Lukaku - 11

2016-17
Kane - 11
Lukaku - 8

2015-16