4.8 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ban

Insane that he really waited for the ball to bounce to him, in the six yard box. Of everything that happened, that is the moment that sticks with me the most from yesterday’s game.
Yeah, he took a step back to be in a right position instead of rushing to the ball to be quicker than the defender. Bad, real bad.

UncleBob

I'm not sure which incident sticks out the most, waiting for the ball inside the box and fluffing arguably our biggest chance, or the one where he was somehow offside with his back towards a defender waiting for the ball. Miles off pace yesterday

Greck

It isnt that minor... he just looks clumsy often. Someone said it before... he plays in Timberlands. You cant really expect to be someone of Lukaku his size to be ellegant and nimble though
Called it minor because he's still a good finisher when he does have his feet set.

In a way it's amazing he can rack up 20 plus goals with a limited finishing repertoire but am a bit fed up of how much priority he gets in our system. The sum total of all the world class players we get in our team will always be aimed at supplying freakin Lukaku

Litch

Can't have a team that only has one CF. Rom can't turn up thinking he's the automatic pick. We can't play where we are one dimensional always looking for him. This is made worse as he's only really one dimensional too in his play. Rom is good at what he does but there are times when we need another option. The problem I have with Jose is he never gives others the opportunity. Maybe play Martial or Sanchez down the middle?

Litch

Called it minor because he's still a good finisher when he does have his feet set.

In a way it's amazing he can rack up 20 plus goals with a limited finishing repertoire but am a bit fed up of how much priority he gets in our system. The sum total of all the world class players we get in our team will always be aimed at supplying freakin Lukaku
Just wrote the same. I think that's why others around him struggle as they have to compromise to his strengths and not there's. If you play wide, you are always looking for Rom.

Rash Decision

not to use the cream
Drop him from time to time. It’s ok to not keep playing out of form players. Might just help him to introspect.
The problem with that is that the way we play - plenty of long aerial balls into the CF - whoever plays instead of him is likely to have a rubbish game and we'll be calling desperately for Lukaku to start again.

Red_Ramirez

I feel for all his haters. He'll probably still score 25-30 goals again this season. Imagine it feeling like dagger to the heart every time he scores to all those haters. I wonder if they even celebrate when he nets

I personally would like to see him partnered up front with Sanchez. Allievate the pressure and gives us another body/target up front

Sanchez I think is a striker. Trys hard with maximum effort but Looks like a square peg stuck out on the wing.

Andersons Dietician

When that flick from Martial came to him he had to hit that first time, he was never getting the time once it bounced to wait for it to come back down, only other option there would be to shield it and take it across to his right but still probably never getting that shot off.

Romez

He’s like an oxymoron.

Tall but not great in the air. Strong but can’t hold the ball up. Technically not great but will still get you 20-30 goals a season.

So weird.

BusbyMalone

First Man Falling
I seen a stat where it said De Gea had 17 more touches than him. Crazy. Now that also points to our inefficiency in attack and inability to create chances. But he has to take so much responsibility. Get yourself involved in the game, ffs.

I really hope he plays himself out of this funk he's in. He's still a good striker, but if you're not laying it on a plate for him, he really does straggle. And i said this last year about him, but the amount of times he has the ball at his feet and has absolutely not control over it is worrying. The ball never looks secure. It's all a bit frantic.

Minimalist

Glad to see more people are waking up and realising Lukaku is complete trash.

I was against us signing him from the beginning and I still stand by that. Painfully avaerage and one of the reasons we’ve fallen behind the rest.
You're still dreaming on another planet if you or anyone else thinks he's trash.

Seriously grow up.

JohnnyKills

Can't have a team that only has one CF. Rom can't turn up thinking he's the automatic pick. We can't play where we are one dimensional always looking for him. This is made worse as he's only really one dimensional too in his play. Rom is good at what he does but there are times when we need another option. The problem I have with Jose is he never gives others the opportunity. Maybe play Martial or Sanchez down the middle?
We don't have one CF. We've also got Martial and Rashford.

To be honest I can see Lukaku being one if the first out of the door when we get a new manager. Not because he's a bad player - he's a great No9 in his work rate and team play - but most top sides have evolved beyond having a player like that. It's very difficult to play free, fluid football when the central cog can't change position.

Garethw

scored 25-30 goals a season as a right footed RW
I feel for all his haters. He'll probably still score 25-30 goals again this season. Imagine it feeling like dagger to the heart every time he scores to all those haters. I wonder if they even celebrate when he nets

I personally would like to see him partnered up front with Sanchez. Allievate the pressure and gives us another body/target up front

Sanchez I think is a striker. Trys hard with maximum effort but Looks like a square peg stuck out on the wing.
I don’t think any United fan wants to see Lukaku fail. The more goals he scores the more chance we have of winning games, so it’s a no brainer that it’s in all of our interests for him to score shit loads of goals.

The issue many of us have is that we paid over £70 million for a centre forward that is extremely limited in what he can do.

In the last 12 years we’ve gone from RVN to Rooney to RVP to Lukaku leading the line. He isn’t fit to lace the boots of the three mentioned former strikers-but he should be for the money spent on him!

James Peril

What an utterly stupid thing to say. I am vocal in the fact that I think Lukaku isn’t good enough, but I would love to be very wrong when we summarize his career here. What matters is United scoring and winning, I just want the best for the team. If Lukaku starts scoring more and ends up at 25+ league goals, as well as chipping in against top 6-teams, please let me know and I’ll high five it.

Stadjer

He is a decent finisher but not amazing.. he misses chances. For example he shoild have scored (or atleast between the posts) when it was 0-0 against Spurs and if i remember correct he had a decent chance against Brighton too when it was still 0-0.

He isnt 10 chances 10 goals like a Ronaldo in form but more of a 10 chances 8 goals type of clinical finisher.

Im not a "hater" of him, i even like him but i think he isnt world class. I am also still a bit annoyed about yesterdays match since he was so bad that it was like playing without a striker yesterday. Heb also missed a huge chance from that Pogba cross but was ruled offside.. still unbelievable he didnt score that header :houllier:

el3mel

Scoring 25-26 goals including a mere 16 goals in league is simply not enough. I want a Kane/Salah esque of goals scoring stats. Since RVP we have had none.

Mcking

He is a decent finisher but not amazing.. he misses chances. For example he shoild have scored (or atleast between the posts) when it was 0-0 against Spurs and if i remember correct he had a decent chance against Brighton too when it was still 0-0.

He isnt 10 chances 10 goals like a Ronaldo in form but more of a 10 chances 8 goals type of clinical finisher.

Im not a "hater" of him, i even like him but i think he isnt world class. I am also still a bit annoyed about yesterdays match since he was so bad that it was like playing without a striker yesterday. Heb also missed a huge chance from that Pogba cross but was ruled offside.. still unbelievable he didnt score that header :houllier:
Even an inform Ronaldo is probably 5 out of 10. My problem with Lukaku is not his finishing, but the fact he doesn't even look like a striker.

Foxbatt

I remember an incident in the first half when a cross came in from our left and there where two players near the cross. Lukaku and their CB. Their CB was further away and he came from behind Lukaku to head the ball away. Lukaku just stood there. Yes I would not mind getting Hernandez back as I think his movement is still better than Lukaku.

Fergietime@99

It was a kind of a game in which we would have been better off playing with 10 men than with Lukaku.......he was as bad as Rooney vs swansea

Bobski

Even an inform Ronaldo is probably 5 out of 10. My problem with Lukaku is not his finishing, but the fact he doesn't even look like a striker.
Yes, he is a pretty good finisher really, but that alone does not make a great striker. The rest of his game is simply too basic, mediocre movement, link up play, erratic technique, few moments of real high end quality. He is what he is, his stats will always look good, the Mario Gomez comparison was a fine one, one dimensional who restricts the overall attacking patterns.

Chelsea look far better this season with Giroud up front, not a prolific scorer by any means, but his all round game, hold up play, the way he compliments the other attackers just allows a smoother attack. Individual stats really do not matter.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
It's not just about numbers. He has a knack of missing big chances at key moments.
In a team that can't buy a goal from somewhere else, it's a killer.

whatwha

Sniffs Erricksson’s diarrhea

Oh wow what a stupid post. So if someone wants a player out, they're not even real fans, they don't want the team to score goals. :lol:

BusbyMalone

First Man Falling
I've read a few posts in this thread, but i haven't seen many talk about that chance he had yesterday from Pogba's cross. I say chance, but he was offside so it wasn't really, but he didn't know that. It was header, under no pressure, and he missed by miles when he was almost directly in front of goal. That's the problem with him.

dannyrhinos89

OMG socks and sandals lol!
You're still dreaming on another planet if you or anyone else thinks he's trash.

Seriously grow up.

You’re telling me to grow up because I think he’s trash, maybe on your planet he is great but down here on planet earth he is shite and should be nowhere near united simple as.

Minimalist

You’re telling me to grow up because I think he’s trash, maybe on your planet he is great but down here on planet earth he is shite and should be nowhere near united simple as.
I don't think he's world class or anything but he's clearly not trash or shite.

JohnnyKills

What an utterly stupid thing to say. I am vocal in the fact that I think Lukaku isn’t good enough, but I would love to be very wrong when we summarize his career here. What matters is United scoring and winning, I just want the best for the team. If Lukaku starts scoring more and ends up at 25+ league goals, as well as chipping in against top 6-teams, please let me know and I’ll high five it.
If that's the best argument the guy has got, don't waste your time arguing with him.

dannyrhinos89

OMG socks and sandals lol!
I don't think he's world class or anything but he's clearly not trash or shite.

tbh if we ever want to be competing for first in the league and Europe he isn’t good enough to be leading the line. I don’t actually hate him as he does seem passionate towards the club but his skill level and ability just isn’t what we should expect united.

Boycott

For all his self-talk about his character and mentality, I think he is one of the most suspect in this squad in terms of heads going down. Every striker misses chances, even great strikers miss sitters, but great strikers are able to put it out of their mind and focus on the next one. You'll have to ask him but watching him only gives me a feeling that the weight of missing is big on his shoulders and despite scoring 28 goals last season, he doesn't carry the self-belief a United starting striker should when the going is tough.

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
I remember an incident in the first half when a cross came in from our left and there where two players near the cross. Lukaku and their CB. Their CB was further away and he came from behind Lukaku to head the ball away. Lukaku just stood there. Yes I would not mind getting Hernandez back as I think his movement is still better than Lukaku.
Can't even hold down a starting position for West Ham, scored just 8 goals in 33 games last season, and people want him back, while simultaneously criticising Lukaku's ability. Redcafe, ladies and gentlemen.

GifLord

Better at GIFs than posts
Andy Cole in his first 18 months (1995-97) at the club looked out of his depth. Some of his misses were shocking!! Becks and Giggs were laying it a plate for him week in, week out

Lukaku in his his first 12 months looks comfortable...with plenty of room for improvement mind.
Unfortunately he aint getting a service to feed off. It's amazing when you look at it he bagged almost 30 goals last season!
It's not just about goals scored. Look at his overall play.

Status
Not open for further replies.