4.8 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bobski

His play with back to goal is a disaster. Great striker in a team where he can continually run onto balls, but most top teams will not face teams willing to come out and leave that space for him to work in.

Santoryo

ripping the reward
All I know is that Lukaku is a much better footballer than what we've been seeing in recent months. I'm tired of seeing this Sunday league version of him.
This is true, especially his touch. While it's never been elite or anything, he still had a decent touch with the occasional heavy ones. But now every single touch is a struggle even in fairly easy situation. It's quite odd.

RedStarUnited

Forget his touch guys, he presses as if he is 5 year olds in a park playing aginst adults.

He is honestly one of the stupidest players ive ever seen.

MadDogg

Manchester Utd never lose, just run out of time
The most infuriating moment for me was when a City player was jogging forward with the ball and Lukaku was 4 or 5 metres behind him just jogging along as well. You only just came on and should be fresh, charge back and put some pressure on him ffs. He's not even working hard to compensate for the rest of his game being trash at the moment.

Once or twice a game he'll charge back over most of the field to help defend a dangerous attack. The rest of the time he doesn't work hard at all.

Kopral Jono

This is true, especially his touch. While it's never been elite or anything, he still had a decent touch with the occasional heavy ones. But now every single touch is a struggle even in fairly easy situation. It's quite odd.
Agree. Lukaku's touch was fine and I felt many on here went way over the top in criticising this aspect of his game, but for whatever reason he seems to have lost it overnight, amongst many other things. Lately I've actually been wondering if he lacks the elite mentality required to succeed at a club of our stature.

Bobski

I don't think he is ever going to be technically proficient enough for a top club but this bulking up has not helped him.

ash_86

Back from injury, did well for the penalty. Nothing much to praise or complain other than that.

El Jefe

Did great for the pen and I thought we're going to see a new Rom. Two heavy touches after, I only had myself to blame.

He is what he is and will not change. You could see his pressing was far below Sanchez and Rashford's level too.

Backrow Singer

He needs to lose weight, let’s be honest. He’s carrying too much weight to play football at this level and in his position.

Fake an injury in the press if needs be, he needs to drop some kg’s unfortunately.

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
Back from injury, did well for the penalty. Nothing much to praise or complain other than that.
He couldn't trap a bag of sand. So many potential attacking moves broke down when the ball came to him. He has zero holdup ability.

Canagel

He did well to win us the penalty but was completely anonymous after that. His hold up play was not good at all.

UncleBob

Great run for the penalty, but his general technique and hold up play is just absolute shite these days. No idea what's wrong with him, but he shouldn't be anywhere near the starting lineup

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
You know when people are giving credit just for going down that they've not had a great time out there.

Ace of Spades

Is he carrying a knock or is he just lazy ?? He did not look like a sub at all, looked lethargic and and slow.

KennyBurner

This is not an overreaction but lukaku is actually the most useless player in our starting 11. He can’t pass, hold up the ball or dribble in tight spaces. He has the worst workrate in our entire squad. Also not a very intelligent forward.

I’ve been thinking about his actual qualities for a very long time and what he brings to this squad but have always arrived at this same conclusion. His ineffectiveness has absolutely nothing to do with mourinho. The only fault of mourinho right now is how he has blundered 75 million on this guy.

Let’s actuallg talk about it. Might it be his weight? I really don’t think so because these traits existed way before this season.

Devil81

Other than the penalty he offered feck all.

We bought with the view to improvement, I don't see any improvement from the lad.

Based Adnan

Everything bounced off him like usual. Also why is he so bloody massive? Compare his physique now to when he was Everton and it's night and day. Needs to shed some weight.

Djorkaef

Give him a weight target and drop him that long. Did 1 sprint and lost it. Lost headers by not getting of the ground. Fellaini is way more physical then him and he weighs 35 pounds less.

Trizy

Wtf is with the size of him? Was like playing with a man short when he came on.

Eddy_JukeZ

Did well for the pen.

Might as well have just left the field after that.

Another dud purchase from our manager.

finneh

All I know is that Lukaku is a much better footballer than what we've been seeing in recent months. I'm tired of seeing this Sunday league version of him.
That's what they said about Rooney a few years ago.

Bwuk

Certainly rivals Smalling as the poorest technically in our side. Woeful.

pocco

loco
Keep a clean shit tomorrow, United is my final bus
See a lot of hate for him these days on here, but I and a few others told you he was complete garbage when we wanted to sign him and most weren't having it. You're getting what you wanted now. A horse shit player that might notch a reasonable tally now and then whilst being completely crap and probably costing you more points over a season because of his general inability to play football.

We needed a striker when we bought him and there weren't many options about, but I'm almost thinking I wish we'd signed nobody and found another way. This is a £70m (?) noose around our neck and I struggle to see who would pay anywhere near half of that. Hell, when Everton paid big money for him I genuinely said at the time that they'd never make a profit on that. Little did I know that we'd be the idiots to do it.

Canagel

I actually believe he's on the decline. Like Rooney. Remember both of them were playing football at early age. Lukaku might be past his best already. He's too big, fat almost.

laughtersassassin

Done well to win the penalty but was awful other than that.

This United team have some of the worst players I have ever seen start week in week out for United in my lifetime.

Current Lukaku and Matic would have never seen the pitch in the Fergies days.

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
United pay him almost a million per month, Almost what i make in 10 years.

And all he has to do in basic is staying fit and play football. feck him.

starman

His whole student of the game thing and all his pointing is infuriating.

It's baffling how he has been allowed to get into the shape he's gotten.
Did the club realise hes not that great of a hold up player even given his natural size so thought the solution would be to bulk him up more? It's bizarre :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.