Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

sunama

Baghdad Bob
Forget that, there was long ball to Sanchez that he had no right to win yet he won and knocked it back to Mata. I kept thinking, Lukaku would never win that header effectively.
I saw that and I was thinking exactly the same.

Handré1990

It would depend a lot on who will be managing us next season. IMO football is moving away from the traditional striker role. It's now better to have a fluid front 3, who constantly interchange and share the burden of scoring goals.

I think Sanchez as a striker is a pretty good idea for now. Him Martial and Rashford can interchange roles in the game. Sanchez can hold the ball up better, link up well and also can create chances. I remember him winning a header, and laying it off to Mata (I think?), which I'm pretty sure Lukaku would not have despite his frame.
Your description of Sanchez is exactly what Arnautovic does better than most in the PL right now, and certainly better than Sanchez. He’s started scoring goals now as well. Unsure if he would do well if he were to come to us, more pressure and scrutiny etc, but you can never be sure.

Martial - Arnautovic - Sanchez

Rashford should earn a starting place, not be handed one. Arnautovic has played as a winger/wide forward before, think this is his first season playing regularly there.

Johan07

Estimated transfer value as of today: 169m EURO according to CIES football observatory.
EDIT
164m EURO tbf, used the SEK as currency

Last edited:

Canagel

I feel he should be given a chance on the right side attack sometime in the coming games . He is too static to play as a lone striker since we end up hoofing the balls always . I think he will do better against the full backs than the centre backs . He has the pace and physicality to make it work there but since he has always been a striker it would mean less tracking back when it comes to defensive duties so that means more of Valencia and Young at right back to cover for him.

Martial-------------Sanchez---------------Lukaku

Mourinho has been in a experimental mode and making interesting changes to the starting 11 this season so I do feel this play is possible . We should keep Sanchez up top since his movement really helps Pogba and Martial get some extra time and space . Lukaku's pace will be helpful on the counter attacks and as we have seen with Belgium and Everton he can work it out on the right side .
With 3 at the back formation could be good I think. But you're right he needs to move away from the centre and play in a free role. Facing the defenders and not with his back to goal. I don't think he's the right player for us long term but since hes here we have to make the best we can of the situation. It's a long season and we need all the players.

Greck

Would struggle to get £60m for him. No top club would touch him. Best bet would be going back to Everton.
Can't see Marco Silva wanting him. Even they wouldn't want him back on a big fee. In us, Everton found one of the last remaining team+manager combos open to spending huge money on a technically inept forward in this age. Most teams are striving for the kind of football that avoids players like him.

VorZakone

What would Kenny G do?
He needs to fecking get rid of that bulk mass. I don't know against who it was in 12/13 when he was at West Brom, but he was running around like a madman bullying everyone in front of him. He was relentlessly putting pressure on the opposition defence for the whole 90 minutes. Maybe it was against Arsenal.

That's the sort of Lukaku you want. He has to compensate somewhat for his lack of close control.

Greck

Seemed to almost develop a superiority complex last season, talking about the team needing quality players in the summer and how players were hiding after Sevilla. Maybe be more humble next time you're in good form Rom. We'd do well to get in quality at his position

minoo-utd

Bad form or injury? It's really worrying he is not in the form and you wonder when he can turn things around. For me he still better than Rashford.

UncleBob

Weird that there's no news on how long he'll be out, just that he's injured

breakout67

Supports
Man City
Weird that there's no news on how long he'll be out, just that he's injured
Probably not injured, but told to have a cold hard look at himself. Having a few bad games is fine, having 10 bad games in a row is simply not acceptable. I don't think he deserves to start yet, Sanchez and Rashford should be given an opportunity up top.

el3mel

Probably not injured, but told to have a cold hard look at himself. Having a few bad games is fine, having 10 bad games in a row is simply not acceptable. I don't think he deserves to start yet, Sanchez and Rashford should be given an opportunity up top.
My thoughts too. Think this injury is a fake one. He and Mourinho probably agreed for him to take some time out.

breakout67

Supports
Man City
My thoughts too. Think this injury is a fake one. He and Mourinho probably agreed for him to take some time out.
I also think Lukaku is the type to acknowledge this as well, he has a good relationship with the squad and manager and knows he's letting them down. He also seems to celebrate the team doing well just as much he does himself.

Dante

Average bang
Fake news! It's a conspiracy! He's not injured. I've got no evidence of that but it makes my agenda make sense.

Canagel

Seemed to almost develop a superiority complex last season, talking about the team needing quality players in the summer and how players were hiding after Sevilla. Maybe be more humble next time you're in good form Rom. We'd do well to get in quality at his position
Also flirted with the serie a and talked up juventus. He would do well to play for another big club after his time here is done.

breakout67

Supports
Man City
Fake news! It's a conspiracy! He's not injured. I've got no evidence of that but it makes my agenda make sense.
No Agenda here mate. I've defended Lukaku so much on this forum and I completely disagree with many of the comments that have been made this season. I think most of them are plain reactionary to bad form, this isn't normal for Lukaku, he's much better than he's showing here.

KennyBurner

Must be really awkward for him now. When you do really think about it though he might be right. If we had the “quality” he so desired it might have masked his lack of quality to get the basics right.

He needs to come back in the team after city. We need technical and energy upfront in the meantime.

Raven

I reckon it's time off. Lingard, Young and a couple others have been out in a similar fashion, probably just resting for fatigue I reckon. Could be completely off mind you.

Rash Decision

not to use the cream
I did wonder whether Rom openly talking about bringing in a lot of good players would be offensive to his teammates, given the implication that many of them weren't good enough and would be replaced. Some of us would have slammed Mourinho for undermining his players' confidence if Mourinho had been the one who said it.

MrBest

Great performance from lukaku at the weekend ... done some great stuff painting walls!
On a serious note the guy needs a month off football. He looks absolutely shattered and I think we have the squad to be able to do that. Rashford at top, martial and Sanchez either side with lingard and mata off the bench.

SATA

Hopefully he's at some beach in Dubai putting his feet up and at the same time working some of his pounds off. Give him however long he needs with this 'injury'

WR10

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
"It's a muscle or tendon I'm not sure". Two drastically different injuries. He has no injury. Well needed rest, well played from mourinho

haram

Was he in good form or just normal form? He is just in bad form right now. Everyone looking to stick the boot in when he was one of the most important players last year. Makes me sick.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
"It's a muscle or tendon I'm not sure". Two drastically different injuries. He has no injury. Well needed rest, well played from Mourinho
Could be where tendon meets muscle.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
"It's a muscle or tendon I'm not sure". Two drastically different injuries. He has no injury. Well needed rest, well played from Mourinho
Not drastically different at all. Muscle and tendon basically form one continuous tissue. Often hard to know where one ends and the other begins.

Muscles/tendons are drastically different from ligament, mind you, which is where you might be getting mixed up.

Cee90

Redcafe Fantasy Football Champion 2012/13
Rashford seems way hungrier at the moment. Give Rashford a proper run.
To be honest, I think Rashford has had more game time than he deserves lately.

Yes, he got us the winning goal against Bournemouth, but overall, I think he has been disappointing.

Happy to see him have a proper run in the team though, but only if it's as a central striker, not out wide.

Di Maria's angel

Captain of Moanchester United
What complete rubbish. We were horrible against Sevilla and everything he said was reiterating what we all, as fans, felt at the time. You can't win with some people.

Canagel

What complete rubbish. We were horrible against Sevilla and everything he said was reiterating what we all, as fans, felt at the time. You can't win with some people.
He was part of the team also. It's disrespectful to talk about your team mates like that. One thing to apologize to the fans and say we must do better but to blame other players and accuse of them of hiding is wrong. He backtracked the next day anyway

Di Maria's angel

Captain of Moanchester United
He was part of the team also. It's disrespectful to talk about your team mates like that. One thing to apologize to the fans and say we must do better but to blame other players and accuse of them of hiding is wrong. He backtracked the next day anyway
You didn't seem to think it was an issue when he made those comments, in fact you used them to bash Mourinho:

"He's officially become a dinosaur. Living off his past glories. I hope Ed and the board are watching things closely. He is publicly mocking the club. Those comments are alarming to hear for anyone connected with the club. I feel like he gave up completely on the CL last night. It was just a strange night right from the beginning with the lack of urgency throughout the game. We are 0-0 halfway through the 2nd and he's standing there laughing with Mr Montella on the sidelines. What is seriously going on here? Lukaku comes out after the game and says players were hiding. You would never feel this was a decisive CL knockout game."

https://www.redcafe.net/threads/mourinhos-post-match-comments.437272/page-12#post-22296374

Here's some more comments about Lukakus claims:

":devil: Says it as it is."

"Glad hes saying it, and hope its aimed at players like Sanchez."

"Looks like he's better at analysing things than Mourinho. Has every right to be frustrated."

"Hopefully he's talking about his best mate, The Haircut. (People are giving Sanchez stick, and make no mistake, he has been shit, but at least he does the minimum of making an effort)."

"There’s a distinct lack of on field leadership out there. Lukaku has some, but it is difficult to dictate your team from centre forward."

"Lukaku speaking truth."

Also, this was a thread created about Lukaku a few days later and a lot of people believed he was "captain material":

https://www.redcafe.net/threads/matic-and-lukaku-quotes.437423/page-3

Canagel

You didn't seem to think it was an issue when he made those comments, in fact you used them to bash Mourinho:

"He's officially become a dinosaur. Living off his past glories. I hope Ed and the board are watching things closely. He is publicly mocking the club. Those comments are alarming to hear for anyone connected with the club. I feel like he gave up completely on the CL last night. It was just a strange night right from the beginning with the lack of urgency throughout the game. We are 0-0 halfway through the 2nd and he's standing there laughing with Mr Montella on the sidelines. What is seriously going on here? Lukaku comes out after the game and says players were hiding. You would never feel this was a decisive CL knockout game."

https://www.redcafe.net/threads/mourinhos-post-match-comments.437272/page-12#post-22296374

Here's some more comments about Lukakus claims:

":devil: Says it as it is."

"Glad hes saying it, and hope its aimed at players like Sanchez."

"Looks like he's better at analysing things than Mourinho. Has every right to be frustrated."

"Hopefully he's talking about his best mate, The Haircut. (People are giving Sanchez stick, and make no mistake, he has been shit, but at least he does the minimum of making an effort)."

"There’s a distinct lack of on field leadership out there. Lukaku has some, but it is difficult to dictate your team from centre forward."

"Lukaku speaking truth."

Also, this was a thread created about Lukaku a few days later and a lot of people believed he was "captain material":

https://www.redcafe.net/threads/Matic-and-Lukaku-quotes.437423/page-3
Players did hide. We saw it and I bashed Mourinho for the negative tactics. But lukaku wasnt right to talk about others . I agreed with the actual statement 'players were hiding' because we saw it ourselves. Thats it. Even if it's right it's something you don't say in public about your teammates. The manager can say it but not the player.

Dec9003

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Maybe he's been carrying an injury for the past month or so? It would explain his bad form and we do have a habit of playing players until they literally break down.

He probably couldn’t fit in the plane, would have to ship him to Turin. Time out of the team, a diet, getting fit and working on the basics of being a footballer should do him good.

Status
Not open for further replies.