Romelu Lukaku | Chelsea

The_Midfielder

100 million for him, i was delighted when we took a hit.

He'll get 20 goals in the league but he will make Chelsea fans pull their hair out.
He will get 20 but be will go on a run scoring for few games .. then he won't score for 3- 4 months then score again.

Chief123

I’m actually looking forward to watching him play and having the satisfaction he’s not in our team. Also looking forward to seeing Chelsea fans going from excitement to frustration real quick with him.

ThierryHenry14

Supports
Arsenal
He must be motivated to prove people wrong in EPL. If he scores 20+ this season it will be a success.
I’m actually looking forward to watching him play and having the satisfaction he’s not in our team. Also looking forward to seeing Chelsea fans going from excitement to frustration real quick with him.
I think at this point people have a clear idea what Lukaku can bring to the team.

MinGin

Wow, is that means Werner will be abandoned / released after a season ?
And, is that means Chelsea will not join the race of Haaland new years? :confused::confused::confused:

Eddy_JukeZ

He must be motivated to prove people wrong in EPL. If he scores 20+ this season it will be a success.

I think at this point people have a clear idea what Lukaku can bring to the team.
He's scored 20+ before in the Prem.

It wouldn't be a new achievement.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days

He will score 20+ goals, I’m fairly sure of that. He’s got to get more than 2 or 3 against the top 6 for it to impress anyone though. Little point scoring 20 goals with a hat trick against Norwich and braces against Brentford, Newcastle, Palace and Watford while offering nothing in the way of his performances across the season other than goals.

meamth

I just don't see it, how will he fit with all the technical players and pattern of play with Chelsea.

Werner is the perfect fit because his first touch and link up play has been great.

He will find it difficult, for sure.

pass.pass.pass

When Lukaku is motivated, he is not lazy and makes enough runs and can often have a decent first touch too. Also, if he contributes 20+ goals AND wins the big trophies at Chelsea, then he will be seen as a success, no doubt.

At United, he was quite good in the 17/18 season but won nothing. People tend to remember strikers unfavorably when the ambitions of the team are not met.

ThierryHenry14

Supports
Arsenal
What i am trying to say is Lukaku is a known quality and it is up to the coach to bring the best out of him to fit in his tactic. Conte did a good job so now it is on Tuchel to do the same in Chelsea. Lukaku is a finished product and he won't suddenly has better dribble or technique.

Last edited:

Rossa

When Lukaku is motivated, he is not lazy and makes enough runs and can often have a decent first touch too. Also, if he contributes 20+ goals AND wins the big trophies at Chelsea, then he will be seen as a success, no doubt.

At United, he was quite good in the 17/18 season but won nothing. People tend to remember strikers unfavorably when the ambitions of the team are not met.
Kane seems to be doing OK in most people’s eyes.

Rajiztar

Supports
Chelsea
What i am trying to say is Lukaku is a known quality and it is up to the coach to bring the best out of him to fit in his tactic. Conte did a good job so now it is on Tuchel to do the same in Chelsea. Lukaku is a finished product and he won't suddenly has better dribble or technique.
Looked like he is tuchel s choice and tuchel already planned how to operate with him. With Lukaku five players need to fight for two spots. Werner,havrtz,mount,ziyech and pulisic all hoping to make spot their own. Havertz and mount already established and it's upto other three to challenge those two when given opportunity.

Our attacking mids and Werner will benifit most with signing Lukaku. Many think Lukaku will score 20+ but yet not good enough to chelsea to challenge for league but I differed from that opinion. With Lukaku Werner will be free to attack space and can bring his best form.Havertz and mount will score few more especially havertz with space he will get. Tuchel already explained the striker of Lukaku s calibre not only bring goals but also created space for others to bring them into play.

Tuchel has ideas already in my opinion.I am firmly believing him who brought cl to chelsea unlike others who build teams on and on. Even now he stated he want to challenge city and win pl this season not wanted to hide behind his past success.

ThierryHenry

wishes he could watch Arsenal games with KM
I really think Havertz had it in him to be the best frontman in the league - still don't understand why this signing was needed.

Mike Smalling

Is Lukaku now the player with the highest combined transfer fee ever? Surely he must be up there.

Rajiztar

Supports
Chelsea
I really think Havertz had it in him to be the best frontman in the league - still don't understand why this signing was needed.
We struggled to play high up the pitch when teams defend deep with or without havertz.

Opposition defense handled our midgets of attackers very easily when defend deep too.

Of course if our ambition is top 4 then no need to sign Lukaku but we wanted to challenge for title.

There is no target man when we needed to break the press to build attacks.Lukaku will provide that not havertz.

Havertz looked promising but not yet see the consistency in his game.Havertz play will enhance further with Lukaku in my opinion and his and Werner play around Lukaku will add new dimension to our attack.

And Lukaku a flat track bully will score loads of goals as well other than the above positives he will bring to chelsea.

Zehner

Football Statistics Dork
Supports
Bayer 04 Leverkusen
Not sure this is a good signing. Not really a great fit for.their playing style. Have the feeling they will create less chances with him in the team since he's not as mobile.

TheReligion

Abusive
Looked like he is tuchel s choice and tuchel already planned how to operate with him. With Lukaku five players need to fight for two spots. Werner,havrtz,mount,ziyech and pulisic all hoping to make spot their own. Havertz and mount already established and it's upto other three to challenge those two when given opportunity.

Our attacking mids and Werner will benifit most with signing Lukaku. Many think Lukaku will score 20+ but yet not good enough to chelsea to challenge for league but I differed from that opinion. With Lukaku Werner will be free to attack space and can bring his best form.Havertz and mount will score few more especially havertz with space he will get. Tuchel already explained the striker of Lukaku s calibre not only bring goals but also created space for others to bring them into play.

Tuchel has ideas already in my opinion.I am firmly believing him who brought cl to chelsea unlike others who build teams on and on. Even now he stated he want to challenge city and win pl this season not wanted to hide behind his past success.
Haaland was Tuchels choice wasn't he? When you couldn't get him you looked at Lukaku.

Bit like when Lukaku rejected Chelsea and you picked up Morata ironically.

VivaRonaldo85

If he bags them 30 goals which he is capable of if he gets the love he seems to crave, that could be the difference to win them the league. With Tuchel and that squad, I think on paper they are the team to beat this season….

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
If he bags them 30 goals which he is capable of if he gets the love he seems to crave, that could be the difference to win them the league. With Tuchel and that squad, I think on paper they are the team to beat this season….
City is the team to beat, cup competition anything can happen in one game but league is about consistency and City are by far the most consistent team. if they sign Kane, then they will be favorites by some distance. Even without Kane they are but with him, they will go another level.

Rajiztar

Supports
Chelsea
Haaland was Tuchels choice wasn't he? When you couldn't get him you looked at Lukaku.

Bit like when Lukaku rejected Chelsea and you picked up Morata ironically.
:lol:. Whatever give you better sleep mate. Nobody will not want haaland over Lukaku. May be he rejected chelsea or may be we backed off from haaland deal now because of outlay.

Bit like us chose Morata and you landed Lukaku because we didn't want the outlay of that deal too for big lump at that time.:D

He likely will score 20+. He has 19 games against bottom half teams where he will probably score at least once.

Pundits will sing his name from the rooftops, and Chelsea won't get any closer to winning the league than they were before.

TheReligion

Abusive
:lol:. Whatever give you better sleep mate. Nobody will not want haaland over Lukaku. May be he rejected chelsea or may be we backed off from haaland deal now because of outlay.

Bit like us chose Morata and you landed Lukaku because we didn't want the outlay of that deal too for big lump at that time.:D
I think the point is Haaland was the number one choice, Lukaku was the back up option. It's identical to what happened with Morata when Lukaku wanted to join United.

It's just the reality of it. Each club usually has a list of a few players they like. Number one targets, two and three.

Last edited:

Kentonio

Scout
Supports
Chelsea
Tuchel seems to like the idea of using Pulisic and CHO as really attacking wingback alternatives too, although Pulisic has already complained about being used there in pre-season.

dinostar77

Wow, is that means Werner will be abandoned / released after a season ?
And, is that means Chelsea will not join the race of Haaland new years? :confused::confused::confused:
Theres also the possibility that during the negotiations for Haaland they discovered that his preference is Madrid and decided to move onto Lukaku. Why wait a whole year for Haaland knowing he wants and is probably going to Madrid?

Rajiztar

Supports
Chelsea
Tuchel seems to like the idea of using Pulisic and CHO as really attacking wingback alternatives too, although Pulisic has already complained about being used there in pre-season.
Will be the idea against mid, lower table teams in my opinion or chasing the games some time. But I think Werner will suit more for that role than pulisic.

Werner has the engine to play occasional attacking wing back role and it will add his strength with his pace and space and timing to attack.

Infra-red

Chelsea's xG last season was quite a bit higher than their actual goals scored - Lukaku joining will probably even that out.

The flip side of that is that United massively overachieved relative to xG (by a greater margin than any other side in the league). It will be tough for us to replicate that again.

Dancfc

Supports
Chelsea
The mental gymnastics some Chelsea fans will go to in order to try and make their club appear organically grown like United and Liverpool.

Just accept what you are and move on. You all say you don't care anyway as you're successful so why bother trying to justify yourselves and cry when you're lumped in with City and PSG.

It's kind of sad.
You seem to be the only one struggling to accept things given you try and claim that United have grown organically.

No matter what spin you put on it, if you tried to grow "organically" you would have ceased to exist before even becoming Manchester United. Ofcourse feel free to correct me if that's wrong.

Dancfc

Supports
Chelsea
I'm unsure why you're unable to just accept what Chelsea are under Roman?
And I'm guessing that is roughly translated to not as successful?

You're most likely right but we would still exist and have a club to support which is more than can be said for you without that intervention (well you'd be none the wiser and probably supporting City or Arsenal/Liverpool but you get my drift).

TheReligion

Abusive
You seem to be the only one struggling to accept things given you try and claim that United have grown organically.

No matter what spin you put on it, if you tried to grow "organically" you would have ceased to exist before even becoming Manchester United. Ofcourse feel free to correct me if that's wrong.
Yeah you're wrong but then you already know that

cyberman

You haven’t grown organically if you’re still relying on Roman In 2021 for feck sake

Kentonio

Scout
Supports
Chelsea
You haven’t grown organically if you’re still relying on Roman In 2021 for feck sake
Erm, we're not though. Last year even with Covid Chelsea made a £32.5 million profit. We just spent £100m on Lukaku but also made nearly the same amount in player sales. When we splashed out on Havertz, Werner etc it was after our transfer ban so we'd had a gap to build up a transfer pot. The days of everything coming out of Roman's pocket is long past.

Dancfc

Supports
Chelsea
We could be Roman withdrawing funds away from going bust and it would still be extremely rich fans of a club who's birth (as their current name) was as unorganic as it gets banging on about it.

I mean don't get me wrong, I've got no issues with it infact good on you for building on your break(s) to become what you are but people trying to claim you've got where you are completely organically is laughable.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
I heard 325k with 450k being if every option and bonus is added on. Sure if we win the quadruple then he might end up super expensive. I'm sure we could live with that.
It doesn't have to he winning quadruple. For example Sanchez wages was around 375k and had 75k appearance bonus. If 325k is base then he will get 400k easily without doing much as few of the bonus will be appearance fee, loyalty bonus, image rights.

Mb194dc

Supports
Chelsea
Chelsea's xG last season was quite a bit higher than their actual goals scored - Lukaku joining will probably even that out.

The flip side of that is that United massively overachieved relative to xG (by a greater margin than any other side in the league). It will be tough for us to replicate that again.
How many Utd pens again, 27 in OGS first 75 prem games... 42 in 117 games in all comps iirc. Think rate has reduced since those stats from January?

I'm wondering how we fit Lukaku in, probably as lone CF with 2 of Havertz, Werner, Mount, Ziyech, Pulisic playing behind. He might not start all kinds of games though.

Tuchel got a lot of options, interested to see how he does in terms of tactics and formation. Shame Lukaku's not available for Palace.