Romelu Lukaku | Chelsea

Skeezix

Much closer to the his last season at United. Seems to get into promising positions but manages to bumble or fluff.

Anyway, hoping he scores so Chelsea can beat Pool

sewey89

Incorrectly predicted the de Jong transfer 2022
He looks fitter and he’s clearly leaner than he was at us. But the fundamental issue with him at us was that his ball control was so poor that he couldn’t play as part of a counter attacking team because so many counters broke down when he got the ball.

There are signs already in this game that that side of his game hasn’t improved. He’ll still score tons of goals against the sides where Chelsea play on the front foot though (which will be against most teams)

cyberman

Seeing nothing much different tbh. A couple of counter attacks where he’s picking the easy pass instead of nicking the through ball.

Bwuk

He’s going to absolutely bang goals in for Chelsea. Think he’ll score in the second half.

Bleu

Supports
New England Revolution
Seeing nothing much different tbh. A couple of counter attacks where he’s picking the easy pass instead of nicking the through ball.
]
[/QUOTE]
He just bodied Matip and left him for dead, but ok. Whatever your eyes want to see right?

Mike Smalling

Yeah, for all the talk of his improvement in Italy, he looks the same player to me. Will probably score them a bucket load, but be frustrating in tight games. He might well score today if Chelsea keep creating good counter attacking opportunities.

LARulz

He still does that annoying thing of getting annoyed the ball didn't come to him when it's literally impossible for it to reach him

Ali Dia

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin
He’s going to absolutely bang goals in for Chelsea. Think he’ll score in the second half.
Yeah same. He’s a handful and he’ll run the channel and hit towards the box over and over till he gets on the end of something. He’s also making space for havertz and mount to push up punish Liverpool and they should be 2 up. He’s like the anti martial

T00lsh3d

T00ly O' Sh3d
Two brilliant examples of Lukaku in this first half. One where he absolutely rolls Matip into next week. Another where he gets the ball in acres of space…and trips over the bloody thing

GoldanoGraham

Yes he will score a lot of goals but I think all that we will see is that he had a lot more time in Italy than he will have in the Prem and that made him look better than he is - he doesn’t have an abundance of natural skill although he is quick and very physical.

He is no Haaland……

cyberman

]
He just bodied Matip and left him for dead, but ok. Whatever your eyes want to see right?
[/QUOTE]
Did I say he didn’t do that before or does your eyes see whatever you want them to see from my post?

Steve 007

Did anyone see him try to take on 3 players and just stand on the ball? He’s got into some good positions and been ignored, he’s certainly not the dribbling type. I enjoyed Van Dyke casually role him off the ball there after he described himself and performance as powerful or dominant last week.

Skills

Snitch
I don't think getting into a tussle with CBs does much for him tbh. He's getting the better of Matip, but he's better off playing off the shoulder

Scottynaldinho

Same old. Giving thumbs up when failed to anticipate a good ball. That's his real problem a bigger one than his poor first touch, he never anticipates.

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
That's what bullies generally do. They pick on people who can't fight back, hence the reason he's kept well away from VVD
Right. Which is what a good CF is supposed to do. You're not going to target the stronger CB.

Idxomer

Classic Lukaku and that's him at his best, some good play when he finds the ball quickly in his feet and some bad when he takes ages to control it.

You just wait a few weeks and he will start getting more frustrated with his teammates who are all still young and developing.

marktan

Did anyone see him try to take on 3 players and just stand on the ball? He’s got into some good positions and been ignored, he’s certainly not the dribbling type. I enjoyed Van Dyke casually role him off the ball there after he described himself and performance as powerful or dominant last week.
Dribbling is one of his stronger assets when given space.

I think people are too quick too judge him because of his history with us. He's been fine and he fits that Chelsea system well.

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
I thought he developed in Italy or some other nonsense?

He’s exactly the same player he was, with the same strengths and weaknesses. He’s a threat but will also be a liability in the fact that he cannot play football.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
I've seen Rashford dump him on his arse on more than one occasion
Yeah doesn't mean CF will pick Van Dijk instead of his partner to pick on. That's how 9s should play, identify weaker defender and target them

OL29

Right. Which is what a good CF is supposed to do. You're not going to target the stronger CB.
Yeah I saw an interview recently with Alan Shearer, he was talking about Marcel Desailly I believe, and he said that he would always pull onto his defensive partner as he couldn’t beat Desailly in a duel. It’s just good practice for any centre forward.