Romelu Lukaku | Chelsea

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
And the imbecility of people commenting on an article they clearly didn't read.
Yeah, that's why I said power of headlines. People just see the headline, not what player said or why he said it. If the journalist asks him about comparison with Ronaldo, he will obviously say why he should be compared or why he shouldn't be compared. People don't care about the question that was asked.

It would be lot better if media stop with their nonsense articles where they interchange all the answers and just post full transcript of interviews.

Zaphod2319

Supports
Chelsea
He was responding to a question from a journalist. When you read his response, it was very complimentary of Ronaldo and about as humble as you will see him about himself. I have a hard time understanding what is upsetting about it?

Red Royal

He was responding to a question from a journalist. When you read his response, it was very complimentary of Ronaldo and about as humble as you will see him about himself. I have a hard time understanding what is upsetting about it?
Exactly this. I am no way a Lukaku fan, but he was pretty gracious in that reply.

Bleu

Supports
New England Revolution
His big mouth and I can't say hate, but resentment towards United is really making me angry. I am leaning to say I'd like him to fail miserably in Chelsea...
Your fake outrage is nauseating. Read the article before you run your mouth.

Rajiztar

Supports
Chelsea
Lukaku should have told Ronaldo not even half the player I am in size and ability. That will fit narrative about lukaku by most United fans. :lol:

roonster09

Scout
Lukaku should have told Ronaldo not even half the player I am in size and ability. That will fit narrative about lukaku by most United fans. :lol:
What narrative? That he is a twat?

roonster09

Scout
That's the narrative indeed. He was asked about a comparison between himself and Ronaldo and he gave a pretty respectful and deferential answer yet still got shit for it on here.
Yeah but we don't need this interview to say he is a twat from ManUtd point of view.

Agreed about the interview, it's amazing how people react without reading what he actually said.

Bleu

Supports
New England Revolution
Yeah but we don't need this interview to say he is a twat from ManUtd point of view.

Agreed about the interview, it's amazing how people react without reading what he actually said.
People still call him a donkey here when clearly he is one of the top 5 strikers in the world currently. Watch the outrage from this post.

roonster09

Scout
People still call him a donkey here when clearly he is one of the top 5 strikers in the world currently. Watch the outrage from this post.
I'm yet to see people saying Ciro Immobile, Luis Muriel are top 5 strikers in the world.

King Kay

Supports
Chelsea
I'm yet to see people saying Ciro Immobile, Luis Muriel are top 5 strikers in the world.
Do Ciro Immobile and Luis Muriel have 67 goals in 100 caps for their countries? Do they even have half of that?
Not everyone is a fan of his style or lack of, but when it comes to being what a CF is supposed to be, Lukaku is right up there.

roonster09

Scout
Do Ciro Immobile and Luis Muriel have 67 goals in 100 caps for their countries? Do they even have half of that?
Not everyone is a fan of his style or lack of, but when it comes to being what a CF is supposed to be, Lukaku is right up there.
Lukaku had brilliant record for NT when he was ManUtd player, I didn't see anyone labelling him world class or top 5 CFs. Anyways National teams are mainly against poor teams and most of the times it's the strong team vs fodders.

Ciro Immobile has better record than Lukaku in the last 2 seasons, maybe Muriel too.

The One and Only

Is he really? Off the top of my head - Kane, Lewandowski, Haaland, Ronaldo, Benzema, Mbappe are all better.

He's around the level of Vardy, Immobile, Cavani in my opinion etc.

abundance

Supports
Inter
If this is alluding to the league where they are scoring loads in... Careful going that route because it is the very same place where Ronaldo has shown to still have it by scoring loads.

Bleu

Supports
New England Revolution
Lukaku had brilliant record for NT when he was ManUtd player, I didn't see anyone labelling him world class or top 5 CFs. Anyways National teams are mainly against poor teams and most of the times it's the strong team vs fodders.

Ciro Immobile has better record than Lukaku in the last 2 seasons, maybe Muriel too.
I bet they also won Serie A player of the season….. oh
Is he really? Off the top of my head - Kane, Lewandowski, Haaland, Ronaldo, Benzema, Mbappe are all better.

He's around the level of Vardy, Immobile, Cavani in my opinion etc.
The first part of this post is aimed at you, the rest to the people on here.

Mbappe as a better striker currently? Get off the Fifa games and the hype juice. In the striker role Lukaku is better. As a winger or inside forward sure. Id not put Haaland in front either. Lets see how they do out of farmer leagues first. Werner was banging them in for fun and cant score a goal in the PL to save his life. Lukaku we know will bang in goals in the Premier League. Lukaku is levels above Immobile, Vardi and Cavani currently.

Of course this doesnt fit our agenda though, Lukaku is a donkey to us! He FAILED HERE because he was trash…. Definitely nothing to do with how badly we were managed. Same as Depay was also labeled a donkey. A wanna be rapper with “no talent”….. right.

One went from Prime Donkey to the best player in Serie A, spearheading the fall of the Juventus dominance on Serie A.

The other has become Barcelona’s main star.

“Donkeys” though…. I think people have to put away those mirrors, theyre getting confused.

EtH

Well I for one thought it was an odd response being that he was only asked about his international goal scoring record and the prospect of eclipsing Ronaldo’s. To go from a stat comparison to “Don’t compare me to one of the greatest players who ever lived” seems a pretty illogical response fueled by delusions of grandeur.

duffer

Sensible and not a complete jerk like most oppo's
Scout
Well I for one thought it was an odd response being that he was only asked about his international goal scoring record and the prospect of eclipsing Ronaldo’s. To go from a stat comparison to “Don’t compare me to one of the greatest players who ever lived” seems a pretty illogical response fueled by delusions of grandeur.
"I'm nowhere near as good" seems like it was fueled by delusions of grandeur?

The One and Only

Mbappe as a better striker currently? Get off the Fifa games and the hype juice. In the striker role Lukaku is better. As a winger or inside forward sure. Id not put Haaland in front either. Lets see how they do out of farmer leagues first. Werner was banging them in for fun and cant score a goal in the PL to save his life. Lukaku we know will bang in goals in the Premier League. Lukaku is levels above Immobile, Vardi and Cavani currently.
First of all I haven't played Fifa in years...and i don't need a video game to tell me Mbappe is better than Lukaku. As an inside forward or as a striker. No manager in the world would chose Lukaku over Mbappe. You really think
Lukaku is even close to being a complete striker? He is good goalscorer but has plenty of weaknesses

Haaland is not in front of him The most sought after player in the world? He was Chelsea's first choice for crying out loud. Any Chelsea supporter would swap Lukaku for Haaland if given a choice. That's a joke of an opinion.

So Bundesliga is a farmer's league... But a league where a 39 year old Zlatan scores for fun is some sort of elite league? And Immobile has comfortably outscored Lukaku in the league in the 2 seasons Lukaku has been in the Serie A. I think Lukaku is a better player but he is certainly not levels above him.Vardy has averaged 20 goals for the past few years. And he can actually make a difference in big games. And i would take a fit Cavani over Lukaku anyday. His overall game is much better.

Lukaku is a good player and i have nothing against him, but the sudden hype after he has joined Chelsea is hilarious

EtH

"I'm nowhere near as good" seems like it was fueled by delusions of grandeur?
The question was merely a stat comparison. His response was an instruction to everyone to never compare him to Ronaldo. Why would he say this if he didn’t at least think there is a danger someone might actually do so ? He basically injected himself into a conversation no one would think about having aside from perhaps him in his own head. So yes, delusional and grandiose. Which is par for the course for him to be fair.

NotThatSoph

And the imbecility of people commenting on an article they clearly didn't read.
It's not that they didn't read it, though most didn't. It literally doesn't matter.

You start with the fact that Lukaku Bad, then everything follows. If Lukaku says that he's better than Ronaldo (even though he both isn't and would never claim so) then he's deluded, and if he says he isn't better or even comparable to Ronaldo then that's bad because he's Lukaku. If Lukaku scores then it's because he is a goalscorer but nothing else, never mind that he got 11 assists in Serie A and was an integral part of Inter's general play. If he doesn't score then he's shit. Also, United is going to win the league because we got Ronaldo back (I love that we've got Ronaldo back, and I think he's better than Lukaku, but even though I think his general play is underrated the last few years it's not significantly better than Lukaku's).

My favorite thing is an interview he did last year. A thing he said was translated as something like "when it comes to positioning I can't be wrong". The interview was in a French magazine. Of course, like anyone with more than one braincell would realize, what he said was that for a player like him positioning is vital and he can't afford to be wrong because it costs him. Galaxy brains on Redcafe thought he said that it's impossible for him to make a mistake.

Posh Red

The question was merely a stat comparison. His response was an instruction to everyone to never compare him to Ronaldo. Why would he say this if he didn’t at least think there is a danger someone might actually do so ? He basically injected himself into a conversation no one would think about having aside from perhaps him in his own head. So yes, delusional and grandiose. Which is par for the course for him to be fair.
I have no idea how you’ve read that transcript and come away with this. I’m not even a fan of his but this is mad!

NotThatSoph

You're out of your mind. What Lukaku did was to reject the comparison in the strongest terms possible. Someone compared him to Ronaldo and he said that he's not close, he's so far from Ronaldo's level that no one should ever mention it.

This is insanity. Brain worms.

duffer

Sensible and not a complete jerk like most oppo's
Scout
"Injected himself into a conversation"? He was literally asked if he thought he'd beat Ronaldo's record and he shot the question down out of respect.

You're reaching massively to paint his answer as "delusions of grandeur", when it was the exact opposite of that. 'i'll easily beat Ronaldo, I'm as good" would be delusions of grandeur.

EtH

I have no idea how you’ve read that transcript and come away with this. I’m not even a fan of his but this is mad!
You're out of your mind. What Lukaku did was to reject the comparison in the strongest terms possible. Someone compared him to Ronaldo and he said that he's not close, he's so far from Ronaldo's level that no one should ever mention it.

This is insanity. Brain worms.
"Injected himself into a conversation"? He was literally asked if he thought he'd beat Ronaldo's record and he shot the question down out of respect.

You're reaching massively to paint his answer as "delusions of grandeur", when it was the exact opposite of that. 'i'll easily beat Ronaldo, I'm as good" would be delusions of grandeur.
Such a poor attempt to wind up Chelsea fans about “thick Rom” that I was shot down by two United fans before any oppos could even reply. That’s all for me tonight, folks.

NotThatSoph

Such a poor attempt to wind up Chelsea fans about “thick Rom” that I was shot down by two United fans before any oppos could even reply. That’s all for me tonight, folks.
If you want to wind up oppo fans then you should try it in theads that aren't full of insane United fans. I realize the "it could have been true" defense is weak as feck but I'm sticking with it.

EtH

If you want to wind up oppo fans then you should try it in theads that aren't full of insane United fans. I realize the "it could have been true" defense is weak as feck but I'm sticking with it.
Fair enough. It honestly doesn’t look too out of place compared to some other posts here now that you mention it. :lol:

Bleu

Supports
New England Revolution
First of all I haven't played Fifa in years...and i don't need a video game to tell me Mbappe is better than Lukaku. As an inside forward or as a striker. No manager in the world would chose Lukaku over Mbappe. You really think
Lukaku is even close to being a complete striker? He is good goalscorer but has plenty of weaknesses

Haaland is not in front of him The most sought after player in the world? He was Chelsea's first choice for crying out loud. Any Chelsea supporter would swap Lukaku for Haaland if given a choice. That's a joke of an opinion.

So Bundesliga is a farmer's league... But a league where a 39 year old Zlatan scores for fun is some sort of elite league? And Immobile has comfortably outscored Lukaku in the league in the 2 seasons Lukaku has been in the Serie A. I think Lukaku is a better player but he is certainly not levels above him.Vardy has averaged 20 goals for the past few years. And he can actually make a difference in big games. And i would take a fit Cavani over Lukaku anyday. His overall game is much better.

Lukaku is a good player and i have nothing against him, but the sudden hype after he has joined Chelsea is hilarious
Ignore what I said then. At this point currently Lukaku is in the top 5 Strikers. Ahead of Haaland and Mbappe in that center forward position. I would pick Haaland and Mbappe for my team also because theyre younger and have a higher ceiling, but thats nothing to do with the subject. Currently Lukaku is Top 5, ahead of them. Not in the future, Right now. In the future Mbappe and Haaland can be ravaged by injuries and stall. We are talking about this moment, here, now, the present. I’m not going to entertain the Vardy comments, because even Arsenal has snubbed their noses at him. He plays in a counterattacking team fit for a pace merchant.

Lukaku, Top 5 Striker in the world

Bleu

Supports
New England Revolution
It's not that they didn't read it, though most didn't. It literally doesn't matter.

You start with the fact that Lukaku Bad, then everything follows. If Lukaku says that he's better than Ronaldo (even though he both isn't and would never claim so) then he's deluded, and if he says he isn't better or even comparable to Ronaldo then that's bad because he's Lukaku. If Lukaku scores then it's because he is a goalscorer but nothing else, never mind that he got 11 assists in Serie A and was an integral part of Inter's general play. If he doesn't score then he's shit. Also, United is going to win the league because we got Ronaldo back (I love that we've got Ronaldo back, and I think he's better than Lukaku, but even though I think his general play is underrated the last few years it's not significantly better than Lukaku's).

My favorite thing is an interview he did last year. A thing he said was translated as something like "when it comes to positioning I can't be wrong". The interview was in a French magazine. Of course, like anyone with more than one braincell would realize, what he said was that for a player like him positioning is vital and he can't afford to be wrong because it costs him. Galaxy brains on Redcafe thought he said that it's impossible for him to make a mistake.
It's because our fans cant accept we were trash during that period, so the scapegoats were Lukaku and Depay. Look at Depay now. One of the best in the world and Lukaku one of the best strikers in the world. We were absolute garbage when it came to utilizing talent. We were a team with nothing going on for them, no gameplan. Why do you think Pogba was targeted once these two were gone? Then Ole also bashed on repeatedly even though he has been trying to stop the Titanic from sinking. He has done a great job with how god awful we were ran. Its never the clubs fault, it has to be a player or the manager. The tinted glasses make me want to vomit.

alexthelion

Ignore what I said then. At this point currently Lukaku is in the top 5 Strikers. Ahead of Haaland and Mbappe in that center forward position. I would pick Haaland and Mbappe for my team also because theyre younger and have a higher ceiling, but thats nothing to do with the subject. Currently Lukaku is Top 5, ahead of them. Not in the future, Right now. In the future Mbappe and Haaland can be ravaged by injuries and stall. We are talking about this moment, here, now, the present. I’m not going to entertain the Vardy comments, because even Arsenal has snubbed their noses at him. He plays in a counterattacking team fit for a pace merchant.

:lol:

White text?

roonster09

Scout
I bet they also won Serie A player of the season….. oh

Of course this doesnt fit our agenda though, Lukaku is a donkey to us! He FAILED HERE because he was trash…. Definitely nothing to do with how badly we were managed. Same as Depay was also labeled a donkey. A wanna be rapper with “no talent”….. right.

One went from Prime Donkey to the best player in Serie A, spearheading the fall of the Juventus dominance on Serie A.

The other has become Barcelona’s main star.

“Donkeys” though…. I think people have to put away those mirrors, theyre getting confused.
Better than Mbappe, better than Haaland as he plays in Farmers league (even though he shits on Lukaku and any other player in CL records), level above Immobile who has outscored him in the league. And then moan about the other extreme group :lol:

Last edited:

roonster09

Scout
If this is alluding to the league where they are scoring loads in... Careful going that route because it is the very same place where Ronaldo has shown to still have it by scoring loads.
You think Ronaldo is past it and not good enough to play?

Strelok

Bang on.

Imo no way he is and will be an elite striker. Like RVN, RVP, Raul, etc. His best would be around Emily Heskey and imo Heskey was far better than him atm.

Rajiztar

Supports
Chelsea
You think Ronaldo is past it and not good enough to play?
Do you think with Ronaldo as your forward you will win the league or cl. If you say yes then he is not past it.Let alone all other members added to your squad.

I will be disappointed if not show anything at the end of the season other than coming in top 4 with not past it Ronaldo.

roonster09

Scout
Do you think with Ronaldo as your forward you will win the league or cl. If you say yes then he is not past it.Let alone all other members added to your squad.

I will be disappointed if not show anything at the end of the season other than coming in top 4 with not past it Ronaldo.
To win PL and CL, you need more than good team/very good team.

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?

Lukaku better than Haaland now? feck sake. :lol:

Ramos

Yeah, that's not true. Lukaku outscored him in both his seasons in Italy. He outscored Immobile in his second season too. Immobile just had an absolute freak season in 19/20 where he scored 36.

Anyway, it's almost silly to even compare him to them. Especially Muriel. Even if you want to disregard their international record, Lukaku had scored 113 Premier League goals before his 26th birthday. While Immobile was still flopping at Dortmund and Sevilla at that age. Would have loved to see him try the PL.