Romelu Lukaku | Chelsea

Gazza

A trend starting to develop with Big Rom, perhaps. It's always greener on the other side and there's always somebody else to blame for his situation. He's talked a lot in the past about importance of mental toughness and being a winner etc., but he seems to have a low threshold for when things are not going all his own way. Maybe I'm being harsh though?

kps88

Have Chelsea even changed their system since he joined? Looks the same to me. He just has to fight for his place.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
We spent damn near 100 million British pounds for this guy.

Lukinho

One of the players I dislike the most in football right now. He thinks he is prime R9. I was over the moon when we signed him but god I am happy that he is gone.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
Are you not happy with him?
I'm not that pleased with what he's telling journalists here and I already felt like the team functioned better without him, but my reaction now is purely to his comments.

Shunty

Supports
Man it’s
What a way to disrespect the club your at. Wow we really did well to get rid of him. When your club is up there fighting for honours this attitude is unacceptable, I get it if you aren’t happy but this behaviour is so unprofessional.

like it or not either inter stayed afloat by selling him, he cannot pick and chose which club to go to when he’s on a fortune and only certain clubs can afford him.

Ayoba

Poster of Noncense.
What a lazy, overrated, self entitled bastard. I know its Chelsea so this should naturally tickle the old funny bone but the audacity of this prick to say such comments like that! I hope Tuchel benches him for most games then lets him rot in the reserves.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
It was a bit of a silly move coming back, to be honest. I know he’s a boyhood Chelsea fan but he’s never been massively loved by anyone in England and he was genuinely killing it in Italy last season.

Plus, he doesn’t look like he fits how Tuchel wants to play at all. I think we’ll see him move again in another 12-18 months
His latest quote just seems to go with this. Where, though? Back to Italy? Atletico maybe? I don’t think anyone in Germany who would appeal (aka Dortmund) can afford/he doesn’t fit their transfer policy.

Klopper76

"Did you see Fabinho against Red Star & Cardiff?"
Supports
Liverpool
I wonder how the match going fans react to this? Tuchel has a CL to his name which carries a lot of weight. Lukaku has a few goals.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
A trend starting to develop with Big Rom, perhaps. It's always greener on the other side and there's always somebody else to blame for his situation. He's talked a lot in the past about importance of mental toughness and being a winner etc., but he seems to have a low threshold for when things are not going all his own way. Maybe I'm being harsh though?
No, that’s fair. This forum is too critical of him but the one thing I think all would agree with is that he has a monumentally sized chip on his shoulder. It’s like he’s constantly got to prove himself to everyone, and as a result he constantly ends up in pointless battles and it tends to go like this. In Italy it seemed to stop at Inter under Conte for a while at least.

Ayoba

Poster of Noncense.
But but but according to the pundits he's a different player than when he was at United :rolleyes:

ayushreddevil9

Foootball hinders the adrenaline of transfers.
Have Chelsea even changed their system since he joined? Looks the same to me. He just has to fight for his place.
Yeah he thinks Chelsea will abandon the system that helped them win the UCL to accommodate best in the world Lukaku.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
"But I'm a professional" he says twice as he publicly talks about how unhappy he is with what Tuchel is doing.

duffer

Sensible and not a complete jerk like most oppo's
Scout
Yeah he thinks Chelsea will abandon the system that helped them win the UCL to accommodate best in the world Lukaku.
Depends on what he was told when we bought him. If we said "we're going to play two up top" and then not done it, he's got a point.

Either way, moan to the manager, not Sky Italia. 100 laps of the training ground tomorrow!

Acquire Me

Depends on what he was told when we bought him. If we said "we're going to play two up top" and then not done it, he's got a point.

Either way, moan to the manager, not Sky Italia. 100 laps of the training ground tomorrow!
The fat feck would not be able to play the next match then.

InfiniteBoredom

What happened to the Bleu guy who vociferously defended Lukaku in the summer? Couldn’t tag him.

This has a certain Mourinho vibe inevitability to it, who knew a player who has form for complaining about his current club would, shock horror, complain about his current club.

Yagami

Good post resistant
Anyone surprised? This is the same guy that pretty much admitted he gave up here after his FIRST game.

People bizarrely defended him, too.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
You could see this coming a mile away.

IrishRedDevil

What a weirdo. Delightful that he’s doing it somewhere other than here.

All the talk about ‘‘coming home’’ to Chelsea, yet here he is talking about Inter.

Last edited:

cyberman

His head is already gone, pining over what he once had.
I thought he was a massive Chelsea fan who was coming home?

Ali Dia

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin
This is absolutely no different to Pogba. Same thing just a bit quicker. Who needs Mino?

Also another clear example of how we really hadn’t done any homework on players egos or mentalities whatsoever.

“Another 100 million man child that’ll need coddling”

Ed Woodward - “where, we simply have to sign him up”

Last edited:

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
His head is already gone, pining over what he once had.
I thought he was a massive Chelsea fan who was coming home?
He's a mercenary. I honestly don't think people would care if he didn't try and pretend he wasn't all the time.

r3idy

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
We spent damn near 100 million British pounds for this guy.
Thing is he has been inured for nearly two months ? If he's been available week in week out and playing like a worldie number 9 then he has some credit in the bank, but feckin hell, how do you walk into the dressing room after coming out with that load of shite.

Valencia Shin Crosses

Might be one of my least favorite players in the world in that he brings this attitude that nothing is ever his fault either on the pitch or off of it. Seems unable to take any sort of criticism or failing as his own responsibility, and on top of all of it is one of the most fraudulent flat track bullies I've ever watched in recent times. Will score for fun against shit teams and be an absolute anchor against any team of merit.

Berbasbullet

Too Boring For A Funny Tagline
I still love how 5ft 10 Daley Blind absolutely pocketed him for us when he played for Everton, told me a lot about him.