Romelu Lukaku | Chelsea

Cloud7

One of those players you're glad you don't have to cheer him on anymore. He's simply just a bit of a prat.
God I hate him, so glad we got rid of him!

Laku that is, not God.
He’s easily one of the most dislikable players that has ever worn the United shirt in my time. The combination of him on the field and those interviews and statements he gives is just a losing combo.

Reapersoul20

Can Anderson score? No.
Abramovich sick of Lukaku being shite.

I wonder where this mercenary prick will feck off to next. He'll have to go somewhere small again so he can be a big fish in a small pond to restore his reputation. Then, some other sap can pay £97.5 million for him and the cycle continues.

I'm guessing maybe Spurs cash in on Kane and sign Lukaku on the cheap?

Surely nobody willing to pay more than, what, £40mill now ? Maybe some Serie A team?

Pintu

Surely nobody willing to pay more than, what, £40mill now ? Maybe some Serie A team?
The idea that killed it in Italy is blown out of proportion. He was good of course but he still scored noticeably less npg in Serie A in both seasons than what he did with Everton. And about same numbers he had for United.

United managed to sell him to Inter because his wages weren’t too high. He is now earning much higher than what any club in Europe -except maybe N’Castle- would be willing to pay him.

Chelsea are stuck with him and they are gonna have to make it work

Reapersoul20

Can Anderson score? No.
The idea that killed it in Italy is blown out of proportion. He was good of course but he still scored noticeably less npg in Serie A in both seasons than what he did with Everton. And about same numbers he had for United.

United managed to sell him to Inter because his wages weren’t too high. He is now earning much higher than what any club in Europe -except maybe N’Castle- would be willing to pay him.

Chelsea are stuck with him and they are gonna have to make it work
Oh I agree completely, he was shite - he is shite - but still managed to get enough G+A to convince the wider media he was a tier 1 star. He could do the same again, hypothetically.

Shite may be a bit strong, but he is not great by any stretch.

Markolan

Supports
AC Milan
His salary would be a huge problem now, unlike in 2019 as italian clubs can't use the special tax regime for him (the individual should qualify as non-tax resident of Italy for the two years preceding the arrival in Italy)
That's why I can't see him in Serie A until summer 2023 unless he takes a 50% pay cut

P.S.: To those who don't know about it
Special tax regime= portion of income exempted from Italian taxation for professional athletes is reduced to 50%. So someone who earns £150k post taxes in UK ( ~ 300k before taxes), would put in his pocket £225k in Italy (~ 300k before taxes.).
That's why Inter could afford Lukaku, Eriksen and Alexis' wages combined.

Mike Smalling

What a tool. Talked such a big game about Chelsea being his dream club, and now throwing a hissy fit because it isn’t going well.

Irwin99

Despite what some would claim he is actually a very good striker it's just he's not nearly as good as he thinks he is and when he falls out of form it's astonishingly bad at times. I think he thinks he's one of the best strikers to play in the modern game but Shearer, Eto'o, Drogba, RVP, RVN, Aguero and Henry were on a much higher level.

Dancfc

Supports
Chelsea
Despite what some would claim he is actually a very good striker it's just he's not nearly as good as he thinks he is and when he falls out of form it's astonishingly bad at times. I think he thinks he's one of the best strikers to play in the modern game but Shearer, Eto'o, Drogba, RVP, RVN, Aguero and Henry were on a much higher level.
That's the thing, if he accepted his limitations and knew his role like say Giroud he'd be considered an asset to most squads. The problem is he genuinely thinks he's a top tier player.

Mb194dc

Supports
Chelsea
Pretty convinced we're keeping starting him
in the hope he gets in to form to either sell or then keep...

On the bench he rots and neither is possible.

Don't believe Tuchel can think he's our best central striking option given recent performances...

Pintu

its not football related
Well. It is not about what he meant. He probably didn’t mean all the stuff he said in that SkyItalia interview. Everything is about perception.

This message on Snapchat was always gonna be seen as related to his current situation at Chelsea. It’s very stupid and immature of him to keep feeding this controversy.

Zaphod2319

Supports
Chelsea
Well. It is not about what he meant. He probably didn’t mean all the stuff he said in that SkyItalia interview. Everything is about perception.

This message on Snapchat was always gonna be seen as related to his current situation at Chelsea. It’s very stupid and immature of him to keep feeding this controversy.
That is the professional aspect. Perception is reality. A professional thinks about how his media will be perceived, is it good for the team, or a distraction. Rom is a very immature man.

Dancfc

Supports
Chelsea
Pretty convinced we're keeping starting him
in the hope he gets in to form to either sell or then keep...

On the bench he rots and neither is possible.

Don't believe Tuchel can think he's our best central striking option given recent performances...
I disagree, limiting his minutes to come against opponents/match situations that suit his skillset would help most of all. Ironically the way he was used at Christmas was the best way to utilise him in theory (obviously his ego would get in the way if we tried to do it reguarly), super sub at Villa, starter vs Brighton at home and nowhere to be seen when Liverpool came to town.

Lokk at Kepa for example, we will probably now get a semi decent fee for him whereas this time two years ago we'd have had to pay a club to take him and cover the wages.

TheReligion

Abusive
I was saying in the other thread I really don’t see what Chelsea can do here.

He’s the second most expensive signing in PL history and one of the highest paid players in the world.

How do you move him on?!

Amar__

Geriatric lover and empath
Supports
MK Dons
Feck that's bad. He could well end up as most overrated player of all times considering how much money different clubs have spent on him.

Last edited:

Devil_forever

You're only young once, you can be immature f'ever
Head of the naval division of lolibfascon
I was saying in the other thread I really don’t see what Chelsea can do here.

He’s the second most expensive signing in PL history and one of the highest paid players in the world.

How do you move him on?!
It’s Chelsea, they always seem to find a way to move on players for extortionate amounts under Marina.

TheReligion

Abusive
Worse signing of all time…?

Genuine question, and I actually believe Rom can do a job in the right set up, so I’m not against the guy - but feck me, HOW BAD a signing for Chelsea.
it’s a strange one really as he doesn’t fit them at all. Do you think Tuchel really wanted him? Werner is another. £150m worth

Berbasbullet

Too Boring For A Funny Tagline

Genuine question, and I actually believe Rom can do a job in the right set up, so I’m not against the guy - but feck me, HOW BAD a signing for Chelsea.
I think Hazard is the worst signing ever. But yeah terrible.

Thiagoal

Shipping his fat arse to Inter is one of the very few positives these past few years

Rhyme Animal

Thinks Di Zerbi is better than Pep.
it’s a strange one really as he doesn’t fit them at all. Do you think Tuchel really wanted him? Werner is another. £150m worth
I absolutely don’t think Tuchel wanted him, no.

I think certain clubs (Utd and Chelsea certainly) have made signings in recent years where the owner / CEO is making the transfer not the manager.

There was A LOT of it in Woodward’s Utd era imo.

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22

Of all time? Nah. He’s shite but they’ll move him on for something close to what they paid. It’ll probably go down as more of a Di Maria type signing. I still think Coutinho is the worst ever.