Romelu Lukaku | Chelsea

Zaphod2319

Supports
Chelsea
He deserves ripping. Still hoping he can become productive... but that hope is like being lost at sea.

The holy trinity 68

The disparager
They’re armchair losers on a website run like a dictatorship from a moderator named coco who should not be online. I wouldn’t pay any attention to The Shed End forum.

Haha fair enough, to be fair though the online fans on Reddit and Youtube are also ripping into him. These are the only Chelsea fans that I see frustrations from, so from what I gather, this must be how all Chelsea fans feel surely?

Dancfc

Supports
Chelsea
Haha fair enough, to be fair though the online fans on Reddit and Youtube are also ripping into him. These are the only Chelsea fans that I see frustrations from, so from what I gather, this must be how all Chelsea fans feel surely?
The crowd turning on him is significant, the matchgoing fans tend to back the struggling strikers to the hilt (Werner is adored despite his struggles). He's crossed the line and i don't think there's anyway back in the fans eyes now.

Me? I never liked him and expressed it even when he was yours (many of your fellow fans thought/tried to convince themselves i was just being bitter because he picked you) he is a cnut of the highest order.

MayosNoun

Supports
Chelsea
I’ve always said I prefer Werner, Havertz and Mount as a front 3. Better pressing and more productive. Lukaku slows us down and we change style when he’s in the team.

As above, he has crossed the line with that interview and he should be in the sea.

Ayoba

Poster of Noncense.
What's his record like against spurs? C'MON ROM need a big performance from you this weekend! All is forgiven

BorisManUtd

Really think Lukaku only made Chelsea slower and less fluid in attack, yes they missed lots of chances last season but created as well. Quality player, great striker but not an elite one imo. And his moaning only makes it worse. Wasn't there recent interview of his where he said he regretted going to United after few weeks or something? Maybe I'm wrong but he moaned at United, moans at Chelsea. He's 28 years old, best years in football, but there's always a problem. Cry baby.

RedCurry

It’ll never happen but the best course of action for all available parties would be a Lukaku, Kane swap between Chelsea and Spurs. Conte seemingly knows how to get Lukaku to work and Kane will finally be in a team with ambition and resources to win CL.

TheReligion

Abusive
You've named 4 strikers signed 15 years apart. Sheva and Torres were signed 5 years apart. Morata was signed 5 years after Torres and Lukaku was signed 4 years after Morata, who we sold off for a huge fee recouping nearly all of the initial outlay.

In between all these big money flops we've had Costa who was great and sold on for a huge profit, and also a load of really cheap or free signings like Ba, Eto'o, Drogba 2.0, Falcao etc.

Kepa flopped and we've signed a cheap replacement who has turned out to be exceptionally good.
You have had some pretty awful forwards.

Higuain, Kezman, Mutu, Pizzaro, Remy, Batshuayi, Torres, Falcao, Shevchenko, Morata, Eto’o

Feels like Werner and Lukaku are going on the list too at the moment.

Pintu

Conte seemingly knows how to get Lukaku to work and Kane will finally be in a team with ambition and resources to win CL.
Conte is not stupid. Kane plays a massively important role in the build up at Spurs. Lukaku can’t be used in the same way at all. Conte will not exchange Kane for a different type of forward when he doesn’t have players with similar technical abilities that he had at Inter.

Or do you think he can assemble something like this with Spurs lack of investments and ambitions?

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea

Higuain, Kezman, Mutu, Pizzaro, Remy, Batshuayi, Torres, Falcao, Shevchenko, Morata, Eto’o

Eto'o was good for what it was. A stop gap ageing striker. Remy was okay too, just injured all the time, but a pretty good backup in the title winning season.

But yeah it's not a great track record. Drogba, Anelka, Costa have been the only bona-fide hits in the last 2 decades. Some decent ones like Ba, Eto'o, Remy, Crespo etc who did a job for a brief period.

Pintu

Higuain, Torres, Falcao, Shevchenko are all great strikers. How none of them worked out for Chelsea is a mystery.
And for Torres, you can’t even blame the country adaptation and that stuff. He was brought from Merseyside.

Last edited:

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
Higuain, Torres, Falcao, Shevchenko are all great strikers. How non of them worked out for Chelsea is a mystery.
And for Torres, you can’t even blame the country adaptation and that stuff. He was brought from Merseyside.
Higuain was on loan and he was already in heavy decline by then. Same as Falcao. No idea why we took a punt on him after his disastrous loan at United.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Chelsea shouldn't sign strikers in the first place

Dancfc

Supports
Chelsea

Very harsh on Eto'o (and probably Remy aswell too an extent).

If he didn't get injured against Arsenal we would have won the league in my opinion.

Dancfc

Supports
Chelsea
Higuain, Torres, Falcao, Shevchenko are all great strikers. How none of them worked out for Chelsea is a mystery.
Torres already turned shite, people just assumed it was because he was sulking and/or playing under Roy's system.

You made the same mistake with Alexis, the signs were already there at the end at Arsenal.

That's why I think teams should be apprehensive with Kane, people are assuming his form this season is him having a strop but it might not be.

Thunderhead

Supports
City
I think he might sign a new contract after seeing yesterday's presser on twitter

Edit still pissed wrong thread

Markolan

Supports
AC Milan
What's his record like against spurs? C'MON ROM need a big performance from you this weekend! All is forgiven
According to Transfermarkt:

He scored ONE goal in SIXTEEN games against Tottenham, quite shocking to be fair. But let's not forget that (according to graphic above) his numbers are very good against the likes of West Ham, Southampton, Crystal Palace, Aston Villa and Sunderland: 45 goals in 62 games against those 5 teams, fantastic..

Stacks

Thanks for the image, it's pointless and a waste of your time but thanks. Like i didn't already know his stats for this season.
He is being scapegoated though, last season our highest goal scorer was Jorginho. This season it's the same, and yet everyone blames Lukaku.
What happened when Lukaku didn't play? 1-1 at home to Burnley, 1-1 Everton, 1-1 Man Utd, 0-0 away to Wolves, 1-1 at half time to Villa, scraped a 2-1 win away to Watford with an awful performance. The team is no better without him.
We play agains't arguably the best team in Europe and our whole team was crap including our best players in Kante and Kovacic and yet everyone blames Lukaku.
Like i said. 9 starts 5 goals, im pretty confident if we had Lukaku fit and he started every game we wouldn't' be 13 points behind Man City. We would be closer to them.
It’s not his fault his teammates are making mistakes and not playing to Rom’s strengths.
He deserves ripping. Still hoping he can become productive... but that hope is like being lost at sea.
They aren't playing to his strengths just like we didn't. You have to change how you play and make him the priority but many teams aren't willing to make that sacrifice as they feel the overall impact is a negative in relation to the type of football they want to play. Zola said he preferred the team without him.
https://www.skysports.com/football/...produce-his-best-form-for-thomas-tuchels-side

also he has been less productive himself

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
They aren't playing to his strengths just like we didn't. You have to change how you play and make him the priority but many teams aren't willing to make that sacrifice as they feel the overall impact is a negative in relation to the type of football they want to play. Zola said he preferred the team without him.
https://www.skysports.com/football/...produce-his-best-form-for-thomas-tuchels-side

also he has been less productive himself
Maybe Chelsea should play in Serie A to get best out of Lukaku :D

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
I think he'll have a good game today, if he starts. He tends to perform well against Spurs even if his goal-scoring stats are underwhelming.

Arios

Supports
Juventus
Higuain was a finished player already on his last days at Juventus.
He joined Chelsea at 31years old

MayosNoun

Supports
Chelsea
I’d love to see us bring Borja back and let Lukaku watch from the bench. His ego wouldn’t cope.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
I’d love to see us bring Borja back and let Lukaku watch from the bench. His ego wouldn’t cope.
Broja's style fits better with our team than Lukaku. But yeah it's a pipe dream. For better or worse, we're stuck with Lukaku, unless we get super lucky and find another club to take an expensive punt on him.

Jim Beam

Gets aroused by men in low socks
Aye, strange comparison. Forlan was always a big game player. Even for us and when he struggled still managed to get 2 against Liverpool and that last minute winner against Chelsea.

FujiVice

Forlan seemed to only score in big games for us. Chelsea, Liverpool, Leeds etc. Loved a big game.