Romelu Lukaku | Chelsea

McGrathsipan

Dawn’s less famous husband
I remember a time when I really thought he could be as good as Drogba - how wrong I was.

A total Donkey with some fantastic agent over the years

The One and Only

Believe me albeit minority still few in our fanbase wanted pochettino to work with him. They convinced he will be good for us all he will need to do one public apology. :lol:

I thought they were joking but they are serious. How on earth anyone still believe in him anymore I just don't understand. Make no mistake he still can score probably as of now he is best proven player available for chelsea to play no.9. But as a character I never allow him near my squad if I am pochettino.
Weren't you the one smugly bigging him up when he joined Chelsea? Plenty of United fans had argued that Chelsea had massively overpaid for him and he wasn't very good, but most Chelsea fans were convinced that he was world class and his failure at United had nothing to do with him.

There was even a guy convinced Lukaku was better than Haaland :lol: How times have changed....

Last edited:

Swordsman

Wish he gets stuck at Chelsea. I could not believe when Chelsea, not only signed him, but paid 100 million for him. There are a lot of big money transfers that don't work out. But this was as sure shot a failure as it could have been.
Apparently he also snub saudi, so he is stuck with chelsea till contract ends.

Rajiztar

Supports
Chelsea
Weren't you the one smugly bigging him up when he joined Chelsea? Plenty of United fans had argued that Chelsea had massively overpaid for him and he wasn't very good, but most Chelsea fans were convinced that he was world class and his failure at United had nothing to do with him.

There was even a guy convinced Lukaku was better than Haaland :lol: How times have changed....
I didn't bigging him up. In fact I was opposed his second coming. :lol: :lol: But once he was signed have to support the player. Isn't it.

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
Pochettino will get the best out of him again, whilst never reaching perfection.

duffer

Sensible and not a complete jerk like most oppo's
Scout
Then you’re mental. Lukaku is awful.
Who are your current striking alternatives at the moment? It's Martial, maybe he-who-shall-not-be-named or someone else out of position.

Obviously you're not going to be signing Lukaku but if he was in your squad, he'd get getting some game time.

I appreciate you'd rather sign almost anyone else of course but that's not what Unam333 said.

Robbie Boy

I remember a time when I really thought he could be as good as Drogba - how wrong I was.

A total Donkey with some fantastic agent over the years
Yup, when we signed him I was convinced that Jose would iron out his deficiencies and turn him into a worldie. How fecking wrong was I :lol:

Last edited:

Ayoba

Poster of Noncense.
Who are your current striking alternatives at the moment? It's Martial, maybe he-who-shall-not-be-named or someone else out of position.

Obviously you're not going to be signing Lukaku but if he was in your squad, he'd get getting some game time.

I appreciate you'd rather sign almost anyone else of course but that's not what Unam333 said.
I'd rather have wout weghort back than see that donkey Lukaku play for us.

Ayoba

Poster of Noncense.
I know. I literally said " I appreciate you'd rather sign almost anyone else of course but that's not what Unam333 said." in the post you quoted.
Yes you did. Sorry missed that bit :D

RedDevilQuebecois

I don't mind promoting Hugill in the team. He may be raw, but I prefer having him spending time training alongside men and getting starts in minor cup games.

We will get Højlund as our primary man. Nevertheless, I'm ready to live with Hugill in the squad as well.

Unam333

And awful + awful = awesome is your logic here?
At least Lukaku is a striker, a real one, unlike Martial and Rashford. You know Lukaku will score against "smaller" teams (something we had trouble with last season) as he is a flat-track bully.

I'd rather have wout weghort back than see that donkey Lukaku play for us.
Insane. You really don't rate Lukaku, do you? :lol:

Thank you duffer.

Murder on Zidane's Floor

You'd better not kill Giroud
At least Lukaku is a striker, a real one, unlike Martial and Rashford. You know Lukaku will score against "smaller" teams (something we had trouble with last season) as he is a flat-track bully.

Insane. You really don't rate Lukaku, do you? :lol:

Thank you duffer.
That was my justification for when we first signed him under Jose.

How wrong was I

Joel Miller

Is he a bigger bottler than Higuain? I find it hard to separate the two, although it’s safe to say Higuain has blown golden chances in far bigger games. I mean he’s missed glaring chances in a WC final and two Copa America finals, in fact of those 3 he never even hit the target with one.

Last edited:

crossy1686

career ending
Gazzetta have run a story on what’s happened, best bits:

- Lukaku has been ignoring his team mates calls, and now he’s trying to call them back to rebuild trust.
- On the days leading up to the break up after Inter found out about Juventus, he was sending the Inter executives daily pictures and videos of him ‘training hard for Inter’.
- he’s been asking everyone at Inter for ‘forgiveness’ and he wants to stay.

This guy is slowly climbing to the top of Icardi summit.

crossy1686

career ending
Whoever managed to sell this bloke to inter in the first place deserves a medal. We got serious money for him, which shows you shouldn’t hang on to your shite if you want to recoup something.

Pintu

Is he a bigger bottled than Higuain? I find it hard to separate the two, although it’s safe to say Higuain has blown golden chances in far bigger games. I mean he’s missed glaring chances in a WC final and two Copa America finals, in fact of those 3 he never even hit the target with one.
Higuan bottled chances for Argentina, and for his clubs in CL semifinals and a final... But he was always central to make his clubs get that far. And he has won multiple trophies in the big leagues. Trophies to which he contributed genuinely.

Lukaku's only big trophy was 1 league title with Inter when they had the best team and the best coach of the league. Conte would have won that with or without Lukaku... I am not sure Real in 2012 or Juve in 2018 could have done it with another striker... Not forgetting that Higuain won the Serie A golden boot with an insane record of 36 goals.

Anustart89

Gazzetta have run a story on what’s happened, best bits:

- Lukaku has been ignoring his team mates calls, and now he’s trying to call them back to rebuild trust.
- On the days leading up to the break up after Inter found out about Juventus, he was sending the Inter executives daily pictures and videos of him ‘training hard for Inter’.
- he’s been asking everyone at Inter for ‘forgiveness’ and he wants to stay.

This guy is slowly climbing to the top of Icardi summit.
:lol: This is hilarious

Enigma_87

You know who

I’d rather play Sancho up front or some reserve lad than him. And no he won’t be getting game time in the same sense Hendo won’t be getting game time if he stays.

The thought of having and playing Lukaku again is indeed mental. Guy is finished and as ETH showed he flocks those guys off.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
I guess it’s Saudi or Chelsea at this point. Sigh.