Romelu Lukaku | Mourinho Part III | Roma watch

Peyroteo

Professional Ronaldo PR Guy
Supports
Sporting CP
He wasn't bad, much better than Lautaro for example. Just had Koulibaly on him all night and Napoli were very defensive which isn't easy after 4 months without playing a game.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
He wasn't bad, much better than Lautaro for example. Just had Koulibaly on him all night and Napoli were very defensive which isn't easy after 4 months without playing a game.
Lautaro completely went off the boil for the last few months of the season. He’s a big talent but people got far too carried away with him when he was in form.

Damien

Self-Aware RedCafe Database (and Admin)
Staff
I think a lot of clubs wouldn't mind having him for games against "smaller" clubs, even with his awful touch as he does score goals, but against the big clubs it is basically playing with 10 men. Reading the Forza Inter forum is just like reading on here when he was at the club.

Bubz27

No I won’t change your tag line
He's in a cup final and a title race so he'll feel vindicated.

Generally as a player, he's less relevant now just due to the size of United and recognition our players face. However the criticisms he faced here are still very much relevant.

Bubz27

No I won’t change your tag line
Apologies, I thought Inter went through. Still in a title race.

rollingstoned1

I would really love to know what happened to him personally here. He was popular with players when he arrived and was inseparable from Pogba on social media. It wasn't long before he looked like an outcast and if that Matic comment is true he's obviously not missed.
yea by the time he left it seemed like him and Pogba weren't as thick as they were when he came to the club when you could hardly ever see them separated. Wonder what went on there.

InfiniteBoredom

yea by the time he left it seemed like him and Pogba weren't as thick as they were when he came to the club when you could hardly ever see them separated. Wonder what went on there.
Him blabbering on and on about how great a winner he was and how the squad needed to cop on to Mourinho’s treatment, then proceeded to play like shit, probably have something to do with it.

Teacher’s pet.

Ali Dia

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin
That’s brutal! To be fair to him He put away some fairly difficult chances for us but in reality he’s all pace and power. I think he played best when he didn’t have time to think about what he was about to do. His technique is in no way that of an £80 million player. Morata or Lukaku, who would you take now if you had to take one? What the hell was going on with strikers that summer?

Yagami

Good post resistant
Chuffed that Ole went with Martial over him.

Also, as expected, Brozovic seems to get even more frustrated nowadays with him as a teammate :lol:

That’s brutal! To be fair to him He put away some fairly difficult chances for us but in reality he’s all pace and power. I think he played best when he didn’t have time to think about what he was about to do. His technique is in no way that of an £80 million player. Morata or Lukaku, who would you take now if you had to take one? What the hell was going on with strikers that summer?
unbelievable Jeff. Two average strikers who got hyped because there was no one else on the market. Utd and Chelsea both got rinsed for players that were not anywhere near good enough for either club.

if I had to take one now it would be Morata, as I would never want to see Lukuku stinking out the club again. But it’s a pretty horrible choice.

the fact that we are better off, having not even replaced him says a lot about Lukuku. One of the best sales we’ve ever done as a club.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
:lol:

The reaction of his team mates is the most telling. Resigned disappointment and frustration because they half expect it anyways.
I've long thought that the likes of Hazard and De Bruyne must hate having to play with him for the national team

Berbasbullet

Too Boring For A Funny Tagline
I always thinks he’s better running with the ball utilising his pace and strength. He’s oddly terrible at hold up play and control.

Weird striker but he’s scored so many goals that he’s obviously very good.

Glad he’s gone, Ighalo is an upgrade.

Wednesday at Stoke

Supports
Time Travel
I think a lot of it is concentration lapses as well. He doesn't seem to have a problem with his control in training, otherwise he'd have worked on it by repetition.

Peyroteo

Professional Ronaldo PR Guy
Supports
Sporting CP
His only problem is that his strengths are very rarely relevant in the big games, Inter have pretty much lost all their big games so far with Conte and Lukaku has been invisible in nearly all of them.

In the easier games he's a superb player to have. Him and Lautaro make a great duo.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
Convinced he's a CB playing CF.
He is a top Europa League center forward, I'm not saying that as an insult but he is in the Luca Toni, Immobile, Kanouté or Luis Fabiano bracket. These are/were good players with great seasons on their records but they rightfully didn't get the hype that Lukaku got because at the time the couple of tiers above these players were clearly identifiable, you had the likes of Henry, Eto'o, Van Nistelrooy at the top and then below them the likes of Forlan, Makaay or Klose.