Romelu Lukaku | Mourinho Part III | Roma watch

Godfather

The giddy joy in this thread every time Lukaku has a bad game in a season where’s he’s scored almost as many goals as Rashford, Martial, Greenwood and Cavani combined is equal parts hilarious and embarrassing.

He didn’t work out at United and he’s far from the perfect striker but the way people are obsessed with kidding themselves that he’s genuinely shit is fecking bizarre. I know that the club doesn’t give us much joy these days but this is scraping the bottom of the barrel.
Yep. Especially when - as you mentioned - he's actually scoring left and right. I'm not going to lie though. Him blocking Sanchez' header yesterday with his bald head made me giggle.

Jeppers7

Pogfamily Mafia
He left on bad terms, leaking the club’s private test results and talking shite on his way out. “I dreamt of leaving United since my second game”. Why did you even come here then sunshine?

Same hypocrite who was telling his teammates “you’re a grown-ass man, deal with it” when they were getting benched by Mourinho, failed to follow his own grown-ass advice when Ole came in and benched the fecker.

Not to mention all the nonsense about how his nutrition and training became “real work” the moment he landed in Italy. Either he’s a bullshitter or he admits to living an unprofessional football life in England.

He thinks he’s up there with Messi, Ronaldo and Lewa. Those players are winners. They score goals, help their teams win things, keep their heads down and go again.

Lukaku has been playing professional football for a decade and the only trophy he has to his name is the Belgium league he won as a teenager. Time after time he fails when it matters. His top 6 record for us was disgraceful. There’s a reason why we won stuff in Mourinho’s first season with Ibra’s aura and then failed spectacularly in his second season when this lump was signed. Was at fault for both of City’s goals which sealed the title race already in December. He scored Sevilla’s winner in the EL final a few months ago. A couple of days ago he calls himself a top 5 striker, then proceeds to deliver an absolute shitshow for 90 mins which leads to his team finishing bottom of their group. This self-proclaimed top 5 striker has played three CL knockout ties in his career.

If he didn’t talk this much shit regularly he wouldn’t be getting as rough a ride as he does amongst United fans.
Perfect

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag

He's world class according to Italian serie a wannabe expert mr. Bonetti :lol:
:lol: Talking about other fans don't watch Lukaku at Inter, the guy don't watch other teams and other players but only Inter players. Can't believe he used Carragher video to strengthened his argument, how do you justify striker based on commercial or non-football match video.

Even the woman that spoke first clearly don't watch enough other football team because she questioned Kane's variety. Kane had the most assist in PL this season which more than the 8 league goals Kane scored and that's alone more than Lukaku who also only scored 8 and low number assists.

Lewa, Kane & Ronaldo or Benzema are my top 3. Lukaku is probably in top 10 striker right now but he's not top 5 right now.

Eugenius

He left on bad terms, leaking the club’s private test results and talking shite on his way out. “I dreamt of leaving United since my second game”. Why did you even come here then sunshine?

Same hypocrite who was telling his teammates “you’re a grown-ass man, deal with it” when they were getting benched by Mourinho, failed to follow his own grown-ass advice when Ole came in and benched the fecker.

Not to mention all the nonsense about how his nutrition and training became “real work” the moment he landed in Italy. Either he’s a bullshitter or he admits to living an unprofessional football life in England.

He thinks he’s up there with Messi, Ronaldo and Lewa. Those players are winners. They score goals, help their teams win things, keep their heads down and go again.

Lukaku has been playing professional football for a decade and the only trophy he has to his name is the Belgium league he won as a teenager. Time after time he fails when it matters. His top 6 record for us was disgraceful. There’s a reason why we won stuff in Mourinho’s first season with Ibra’s aura and then failed spectacularly in his second season when this lump was signed. Was at fault for both of City’s goals which sealed the title race already in December. He scored Sevilla’s winner in the EL final a few months ago. A couple of days ago he calls himself a top 5 striker, then proceeds to deliver an absolute shitshow for 90 mins which leads to his team finishing bottom of their group. This self-proclaimed top 5 striker has played three CL knockout ties in his career.

If he didn’t talk this much shit regularly he wouldn’t be getting as rough a ride as he does amongst United fans.
Exactly this. He is a good player, consistent goal scorer but is a limited, flat track bully. We were still completely right to get rid, especially looking at how he behaved in his final season.

sillwuka

This thread always gets bumped to vindicate his move.

He's got a crap first touch but if he was leading the line for us now he'd score more goals than Martial.

MalcolmTucker

Me getting upset over foolish comments regarding a top-class striker...Lol

How many goals are you getting out of your twinkle toes strikers? Keep in mind goals win matches, not a striker's first touch.
Lukaku has 12 goals and Rashford has 10 while playing in a more difficult league and not even being in particularly good form yet

And despite all of Lukaku's goals against Sussulo et al, Inter are 5 points off top (we're 5 points off with a game in hand), came bottom of their group (we came 3rd in a more difficult group) and Lukaku's first touch just blocked a goal in the 88th minute in a game they needed to win. Goals do win matches but it depends when and against whom, and first touches might be the difference between your team qualifying from a CL group or coming last and you being a laughing stock.

Do you support United? I don't understand why you feel the need to insult our players to defend Lukaku of all people

Last edited:

hubbuh

If you ever see me posting a load of green smilies because Gomes missed a sitter you might have a point. Don’t hold your breath though. I wanted Lukaku moved on and I’ve been irritated by how well he’s done at Inter. I don’t enjoy reading about players who left United upping their game at a different club because I’m not a masochist. I’d rather this thread didn’t exist at all. Doesn’t help that it’s full of people making tits of themselves.
Loads of players leave United and don't get pelters. There's a very obvious reason why Lukaku does (he's an arrogant nob and went out of his way to piss on United). I'm surprised some people still don't get it.

Oranges038

I've watched it a few times and I have absolutely no idea what he is doing.

Now I do find it funny, not because it's Lukaku, even though I dislike the way he shat on the club when he left and generally was just a useless lump for the time he was here.

It's simply because it's another team that's not Utd. I'm sure there are plenty of opposing fans who laughed at the third goal against Leipzig.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
Loads of players leave United and don't get pelters. There's a very obvious reason why Lukaku does (he's an arrogant nob and went out of his way to piss on United). I'm surprised some people still don't get it.
The desperation to take offence at everything he says is as bad as the desperation to kid ourselves he’s an absolutely useless footballer. His time at United ended badly. He was struggling for form and was dropped by a manager he probably didn’t rate very highly (the same manager that 90% of redcafe currently don’t rate very highly) so he’s hardly going to speak of his time at the club in glowing terms.

Similarly, why should it boil our piss that he speaks highly of his current set-up? He’s scoring freely, playing for a better manager, just finished a season scoring almost twice as many goals for his club as he ever did at United and is breaking goal-scoring records for his country. Obviously he’s going to be full of confidence about his ability as a striker. Why get wound up about it?

Kasper

Supports
Hansa Rostock / Bradford City
The giddy joy in this thread every time Lukaku has a bad game in a season where’s he’s scored almost as many goals as Rashford, Martial, Greenwood and Cavani combined is equal parts hilarious and embarrassing.

He didn’t work out at United and he’s far from the perfect striker but the way people are obsessed with kidding themselves that he’s genuinely shit is fecking bizarre. I know that the club doesn’t give us much joy these days but this is scraping the bottom of the barrel.
Agree. After reading the thread title I thought he messed up a clear chance like Werner did on the weekend, basically saving a goal because being too greedy himself. But he`s just unlucky to be in the way with no time to react. Bad positioning? Maybe, but not outlandish. If he didn`t have a monster game against Gladbach last week they wouldn`t have even been in that position.
The obsession is weird, 150 pages on a player who has been gone for only one year and 4 months? You`d think it`d be prime CR7 who left, not 150 pages of people basically agreeing that he is shit, bit manic if you ask me.

exactly. It’s hilarious that it was also Sanchez who headed the corner, as he’s a tool of the highest order as well.

but Young, for example, and I know a lot of people didn’t rate him, but doubt anyone harbours any bad feelings towards him, as he was always available and always gave 100% when playing for the club - unlike the two viruses we sold inter.

MalcolmTucker

The desperation to take offence at everything he says is as bad as the desperation to kid ourselves he’s an absolutely useless footballer. His time at United ended badly. He was struggling for form and was dropped by a manager he probably didn’t rate very highly (the same manager that 90% of redcafe currently don’t rate very highly) so he’s hardly going to speak of his time at the club in glowing terms.

Similarly, why should it boil our piss that he speaks highly of his current set-up? He’s scoring freely, playing for a better manager, just finished a season scoring almost twice as many goals for his club as he ever did at United and is breaking goal-scoring records for his country. Obviously he’s going to be full of confidence about his ability as a striker. Why get wound up about it?
We're not getting wound up about it, we were only getting wound up when he was playing for us and doing meme-worthy things. Fans from other teams used to laugh when he played for us, now we get to enjoy the Lukaku show.

Plus all the things Samid said.

Robertd0803

These thread titles always make me laugh.

At least his ace positioning the other night means we dont have to worry about Inter in the Europa League this season.

*Edit* just seen it and laughed heartily. His reaction :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Zlatan 7

We've got bush!
[

is he your dad or something? Don’t know why you seem so wound up or annoyed that people find a player stood like a lamppost in an offside goal stopping position hitting him quite comically on the bonce, after his self proclaimed top five striker claim funny.

Doesn’t necessarily mean we have an hard on for him doing crap

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
is he your dad or something? Don’t know why you seem so wound up or annoyed that people find a player stood like a lamppost in an offside goal stopping position hitting him quite comically on the bonce, after his self proclaimed top five striker claim funny.

Doesn’t necessarily mean we have an hard on for him doing crap
I’m neither wound up or annoyed. Just pointing out that most of the posts in this thread make me cringe.

Zlatan 7

We've got bush!
I’m neither wound up or annoyed. Just pointing out that most of the posts in this thread make me cringe.
There’s a lot more on here to cringe at than laughing at lukaku fecking up again but each to their own

Relevated

fixated with venom and phalluses
Infact, I'm actually curious as to if he was even thinking of getting the initial header? The corner was always an outswinger, always going to be. He was never getting it 3 yards out.
He bottled the header and dodged responsibility. He didn't succeed at United because his mentality is poor.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
And he’s succeeding at Inter because his mentality is...
Do we consider that he is succeeding when he has won nothing and his team failed to qualify from the CL group stage two years in a raw?

ha_rooney

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
:lol: wtf was he thinking standing there like that?! No awareness at all.

MalcolmTucker

Do we consider that he is succeeding when he has won nothing and his team failed to qualify from the CL group stage two years in a raw?
Exactly. He was 3rd top scorer in a league where Immobile scored 13 more goals than him last season. Where a 39 year old Zlatan has a goal every 53 minutes this season.

12OunceEpilogue

In perfect harmony
Scout
I've not really followed Lukaku's Inter career, I've only seen the bits and bobs that get posted here. I don't think it's particularly fulfilling to obsess over ex players, either to laud them or to take pleasure in their failures, but I couldn't deny myself a titter at the state of that 90th minute block at the end of that game, particularly after the big words Lukaku has come out with recently. His big game/big moment record does seem to be pretty terrible, though generally he's a better player than he gets credit for from the cohort of United fans who actively hate him after his time here.

Zlatan 7

We've got bush!
I've not really followed Lukaku's Inter career, I've only seen the bits and bobs that get posted here. I don't think it's particularly fulfilling to obsess over ex players, either to laud them or to take pleasure in their failures, but I couldn't deny myself a titter at the state of that 90th minute block at the end of that game, particularly after the big words Lukaku has come out with recently. His big game/big moment record does seem to be pretty terrible, though generally he's a better player than he gets credit for from the cohort of United fans who actively hate him after his time here.
That’s basically it, no massive dramas or obsession, just finding some things funny with great timing

JPRouve

Scout
He’s succeeding in that he’s been a successful signing for them. Which he has been, indisputably.
It's disputable when he isn't helping them more than Icardi who they sold for less money. Surely Inter's goal was to be successful not that Lukaku lead them to trophyless seasons?
I'm not saying that it's a failure but that he didn't move the needle.

Zehner

Football Statistics Dork
Supports
Bayer 04 Leverkusen
Lukaku isn't an absolutely elite striker, I'd say there are quite a few players ahead of him. Lewandowski, Kane, Cristiano, Suarez, Haaland, Benzema, Aguero, Aubameyang, Werner, probably even Ibrahimovic. He's in the same mould as guys like Immobile, Icardi, Cavani, Morata, Vardy, etc. for me.

However, if you had never seen anything from Lukaku, read this thread and then go on to watch one of his games, you'd be up for a huge surprise I guess. Judging by this forum, you'd expect an absolute anti footballer that muscles in a goal occasionally. Yet when I see him play, I always see stuff that really impresses me from a technical point of view. He's got great hold up play, can beat a player and also has some silky skills in his pocket, like a great cross with the outside of his foot etc.

He might be a prick, I don't know (as far as I know the quote about him saying his positioning can't be wrong was ripped out of context), but the toxicity towards him sure feels a bit over the top.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
It's disputable when he isn't helping them more than Icardi who they sold for less money. Surely Inter's goal was to be successful not that Lukaku lead them to trophyless seasons?
Inter’s goal (as a team) is to be successful. Lukaku was signed to get them goals. Either scoring them himself or helping others to score. That’s how his impact will be judged.

Last season they finished second in the league but scored more goals than the title winner. They’re currently sitting second and - again - have scored more goals than the team ahead of them in the league.

Blaming Lukaku for them not winning trophies is either churlish in the extreme or a fundamental misunderstanding of what makes a team successful.

JPRouve

Scout
Inter’s goal (as a team) is to be successful. Lukaku was signed to get them goals. Either scoring them himself or helping others to score. That’s how his impact will be judged.

Last season they finished second in the league but scored more goals than the title winner. They’re currently sitting second and - again - have scored more goals than the team ahead of them in the league.

Blaming Lukaku for them not winning trophies is either churlish in the extreme or a fundamental misunderstanding of what makes a team successful.
I'm not blaming Lukaku, I'm simply not claiming that his transfer was a success when it clearly isn't, he has failed to make the difference in important games which was the point of his signingw, allow them to reach a new level, something that they clearly haven't done. I also won't call him a failure because his time at Inter isn't finished.

Lennon7

nipple flasher and door destroyer
fecking hell. Can not wrap my head around what he’s doing there. Completely offside, just watching the ball come in like all he wanted was a close up view of the action. Didn’t move at all. It’s a hilarious block

fecking hell. Can not wrap my head around what he’s doing there. Completely offside, just watching the ball come in like all he wanted was a close up view of the action. Didn’t move at all. It’s a hilarious block
It is pure (anti) brilliance. Lukaku is brain dead. You have to watch it multiple times, and you still can’t fathom what he’s doing/thinking.

Denis' cuff

exactly. It’s hilarious that it was also Sanchez who headed the corner, as he’s a tool of the highest order as well.

but Young, for example, and I know a lot of people didn’t rate him, but doubt anyone harbours any bad feelings towards him, as he was always available and always gave 100% when playing for the club - unlike the two viruses we sold inter.
not difficult, is it?

reckon about 40% max on here are United supporters and stick up for a turd who shat on us when he was needed

NotThatSoph

Nothing he could have done.

Aye, someone who can never be wrong about his positioning and is top 5 in the world, standing in a position no striker should be stood in during that phase of play, is perfectly top 5 material. He said he couldn't be wrong though so he must be right.
Of course he didn't say that he can't be wrong. When you're reading a translation and something sounds outlandish, the first thing any halfway reasonable person should do is consider if there's been a mixup. Anything else is embarrassingly stupid.

I assume @Samid posted the quote for a laugh, otherwise the same goes for him.