Romelu Lukaku | Mourinho Part III | Roma watch

Slevs

likes to play with penises
Lukaku has 12 goals and Rashford has 10 while playing in a more difficult league and not even being in particularly good form yet

And despite all of Lukaku's goals against Sussulo et al, Inter are 5 points off top (we're 5 points off with a game in hand), came bottom of their group (we came 3rd in a more difficult group) and Lukaku's first touch just blocked a goal in the 88th minute in a game they needed to win. Goals do win matches but it depends when and against whom, and first touches might be the difference between your team qualifying from a CL group or coming last and you being a laughing stock.

Do you support United? I don't understand why you feel the need to insult our players to defend Lukaku of all people
Agree with your points except the bolded.

A group with Madrid, Monchengladbach, Inter, and Shakhtar is harder than PSG, RBL, and Istanbul.

Zlatan 7

We've got bush!
Of course he didn't say that he can't be wrong. When you're reading a translation and something sounds outlandish, the first thing any halfway reasonable person should do is consider if there's been a mixup. Anything else is embarrassingly stupid.

I assume @Samid posted the quote for a laugh, otherwise the same goes for him.
Have a laugh man. So serious

MalcolmTucker

Inter’s goal (as a team) is to be successful. Lukaku was signed to get them goals. Either scoring them himself or helping others to score. That’s how his impact will be judged.

Last season they finished second in the league but scored more goals than the title winner. They’re currently sitting second and - again - have scored more goals than the team ahead of them in the league.

Blaming Lukaku for them not winning trophies is either churlish in the extreme or a fundamental misunderstanding of what makes a team successful.
An Inter fan a few pages back said he'd rather Lukaku wasn't starting at their club and he's their most expensive ever signing.

Personally I wouldn’t want either starting at my club. Martial is better on a technical level and has better link up play, however from what I’ve seen he tends to be a moody players in the sense that he’ll have matches where he just does not show up or seem in a mood to play. I’m also not sure how well he would work with Lautaro either. I’d probably still have Lukaku given I think he’s a better fit with Lautaro not that Lukaku is a better player than Martial.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
exactly. It’s hilarious that it was also Sanchez who headed the corner, as he’s a tool of the highest order as well.

but Young, for example, and I know a lot of people didn’t rate him, but doubt anyone harbours any bad feelings towards him, as he was always available and always gave 100% when playing for the club - unlike the two viruses we sold inter.
Yup. The Lukaku hate is just pantomime fun, because he was a dick while at our club. I find it weirder that people keep coming in and commenting on it to be honest.

The same people can’t seem to look past a goal tally, despite it always being the case that what Lukaku giveths with one hand, he takes away by making a fool of himself with the other.

Last edited:

Bale Bale Bale

Supports
Spurs
Romelu needs to learn some humility, I remember a few years back he said he doesn't watch Kane because he only watches strikers that he can learn something from.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
Yup. The Lukaku hate is just pantomime fun, because he was a dick while at our club. I find it weirder that people keep coming in and commenting on it to be honest.

The same people can’t seem to look past a goal tally, despite it always being the case that what Lukaku giveths with one hand, he takes away by making a fool of himself with the other.
The funnier part is that Lukaku is a good player and would be respectable if he wasn't also a weapon. I mean people tend to love Chicharito.

stevoc

This thread always gets bumped to vindicate his move.

He's got a crap first touch but if he was leading the line for us now he'd score more goals than Martial.
Wouldn’t be hard with Martial in some of the worst form of his career. If lukaku was here yeah he’d score goals if we set the team up to suit him but all the players around him wouldn’t score as many as they are currently doing.

MadDogg

Manchester Utd never lose, just run out of time
Lukaku isn't an absolutely elite striker, I'd say there are quite a few players ahead of him. Lewandowski, Kane, Cristiano, Suarez, Haaland, Benzema, Aguero, Aubameyang, Werner, probably even Ibrahimovic. He's in the same mould as guys like Immobile, Icardi, Cavani, Morata, Vardy, etc. for me.

However, if you had never seen anything from Lukaku, read this thread and then go on to watch one of his games, you'd be up for a huge surprise I guess. Judging by this forum, you'd expect an absolute anti footballer that muscles in a goal occasionally. Yet when I see him play, I always see stuff that really impresses me from a technical point of view. He's got great hold up play, can beat a player and also has some silky skills in his pocket, like a great cross with the outside of his foot etc.

He might be a prick, I don't know (as far as I know the quote about him saying his positioning can't be wrong was ripped out of context), but the toxicity towards him sure feels a bit over the top.
Wait, what? Unless he's improved massively in the 18 months since he left he's always had poor hold up play. Terrible considering his size. It's one of the main issues that he had here - Mourinho was trying to use him like a Drogba/Costa/Giroud kind of target man who could hold up the ball and bring others into play but Lukaku just failed time after time. His terrible first touch meant he wasn't able to hold up anything that went to him on the ground, and his complete inability to judge the high ball meant anything in the air went a couple of metres over his head straight to the defender. Martial is inconsistent as hell at that attribute but I'd still rate his hold-up play significantly better than Lukaku's.

The toxicity in here for him is down to a few things. His absolutely atrocious form in his second season (I'm not exaggerating when I say he was probably the worst regular starter in the entire league up until Ole came in and dropped him for a while) after he came back from the World Cup overweight. Despite how badly he was performing, Mourinho refused to drop him (I won't blame Lukaku for that) but Lukaku kept running his mouth in the media like he was playing well and telling the rest of his teammates to grow up and rubbish like that. He'd also constantly blame others on the pitch for his own mistakes. Because of all this he became very obviously disliked by everyone else in the dressing room, even by Pogba who used to be a very good friend (they would literally holiday together before Lukaku joined). Then once he did leave he leaked training data to the media and started shit-talking the club.

Basically he's the type of person who absolutely refuses to take any blame himself, so any time something goes wrong it has to be someone else's fault. He's perfect in his own mind and he'll make sure everyone else around him knows it. Even at the best of times that attitude is annoying, but when you are literally the worst player on the team and you're trying to blame others it's no surprise the fans and his teammates all wanted him to feck off. The fact that even Inter fans are annoyed with him despite how many goals he's scoring for them says it all.

There are only four players who have left the club during the 25 years I've been watching who I hoped would fail. Heinze, Tevez, Di Maria and Lukaku. To get on the same list as those other three says it all.

Stacks

Wait, what? Unless he's improved massively in the 18 months since he left he's always had poor hold up play. Terrible considering his size. It's one of the main issues that he had here - Mourinho was trying to use him like a Drogba/Costa/Giroud kind of target man who could hold up the ball and bring others into play but Lukaku just failed time after time. His terrible first touch meant he wasn't able to hold up anything that went to him on the ground, and his complete inability to judge the high ball meant anything in the air went a couple of metres over his head straight to the defender. Martial is inconsistent as hell at that attribute but I'd still rate his hold-up play significantly better than Lukaku's.

The toxicity in here for him is down to a few things. His absolutely atrocious form in his second season (I'm not exaggerating when I say he was probably the worst regular starter in the entire league up until Ole came in and dropped him for a while) after he came back from the World Cup overweight. Despite how badly he was performing, Mourinho refused to drop him (I won't blame Lukaku for that) but Lukaku kept running his mouth in the media like he was playing well and telling the rest of his teammates to grow up and rubbish like that. He'd also constantly blame others on the pitch for his own mistakes. Because of all this he became very obviously disliked by everyone else in the dressing room, even by Pogba who used to be a very good friend (they would literally holiday together before Lukaku joined). Then once he did leave he leaked training data to the media and started shit-talking the club.

Basically he's the type of person who absolutely refuses to take any blame himself, so any time something goes wrong it has to be someone else's fault. He's perfect in his own mind and he'll make sure everyone else around him knows it. Even at the best of times that attitude is annoying, but when you are literally the worst player on the team and you're trying to blame others it's no surprise the fans and his teammates all wanted him to feck off. The fact that even Inter fans are annoyed with him despite how many goals he's scoring for them says it all.

There are only four players who have left the club during the 25 years I've been watching who I hoped would fail. Heinze, Tevez, Di Maria and Lukaku. To get on the same list as those other three says it all.
That list! I'd even wish Pogba well for the most part. Those 3 took the cake.

Last edited:

sillwuka

Wouldn’t be hard with Martial in some of the worst form of his career. If lukaku was here yeah he’d score goals if we set the team up to suit him but all the players around him wouldn’t score as many as they are currently doing.
That's a very fair comment and I didn't think of it as much in that regard!

Irwin99

His goal scoring record speaks for itself so it can't be that much of an issue but the guy's muscle mass still looks huge for a football player. Strikers like Shearer, Ferguson and Drogba were still really powerful without having that level of muscle.

Schneckerl

Hard to argue against Lukaku's overall scoring output - although it takes a nosedive against stronger teams - still his frequent moments of pub tier brainfarts and plays are just so frustrating to watch that I'll never miss him.

MadDogg

That list! I'd even wish Pogba well for the most part. Those 3 took the cake.
Yep. I'm kind of glad Lukaku joined that list as it looked like I just hated Argentinians. :lol:

I won't hold any ill will for Pogba, not unless he obviously stops trying or regularly shit-talks us after he leaves (I don't expect either). It just didn't work out.

chiz2kul

The hate on here for him is expected given the fickle nature of fans, but some comments here are absolutely ridiculous and shameful.

tenpoless

No 6-pack, just 2Pac
Supports
4-4-2 classic
He will be mates with Pogba again if Pogba leaves.
Then they can both attack the club from all angles.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
Yep. I'm kind of glad Lukaku joined that list as it looked like I just hated Argentinians. :lol:

I won't hold any ill will for Pogba, not unless he obviously stops trying or regularly shit-talks us after he leaves (I don't expect either). It just didn't work out.
You think we’ll be able to notice the difference between Pogba playing badly and Pogba obviously not trying? Because he’s looked like he’s obviously not trying many many times before.

Whatever happens, I’ll feel about him exactly the same way as I do about Lukaku. Will be pissed off if he looks a far better player under a better manager and would rather not hear about how he’s getting on, for good or bad.

MadMike

video links keep getting taken down. let's see if same happens to twitter

Last edited:

tenpoless

No 6-pack, just 2Pac
Supports
4-4-2 classic
Finally I get to see the video :lol: :lol:
The ball bounced off his head really hard as if it hit a pole. And Sanchez :lol:
Feck me I'm laughing so hard at midnight.

MadDogg

You think we’ll be able to notice the difference between Pogba playing badly and Pogba obviously not trying? Because he’s looked like he’s obviously not trying many many times before.
Not really. There were three starts and a sub appearance during the period that Mourinho was constantly attacking him in his last season, but otherwise he has generally tried and just not played well. Plus of course he is just fairly lazy defensively in general.

MadMike

The ball bounced off his head really hard as if it hit a pole. And Sanchez :lol:
Amazing isn't it. He was ball watching from an offside position in front of the goal, like a useless oaf.

peridigm

Could not have happened to two better players than Lukaku and Sanchez. :lol:

I forgot Young plays there. How is he getting along this season? Still playing much?

clarkydaz

The hate on here for him is expected given the fickle nature of fans, but some comments here are absolutely ridiculous and shameful.
such as? The guy is a master putting his foot in mouth. Any schadenfreude is entirely self generated

DixieDean

Everton Fan
Supports
Everton
I see this is still the most embarrassing thread on this forum. And I say that having read the console threads.