Romelu Lukaku | Mourinho Part III | Roma watch

crossy1686

career ending
It seems as though he was putting a brave face on it, but the personal online abuse was affecting his mental health.

I feel sorry for the guy.
He doesn't have to read it...

If you want to be an Instagram/Snapchat celebrity while being a professional footballer then you leave yourself open to trolls. If he wanted acceptance so bad that he has to trawl the internet after a game to see what people are saying about him then he really should be getting help.

MalcolmTucker

He never said that and yes i love that everything he says and does winds up you and all his little haters over and over .

Personally i fail to see how anyone can have so much hate for a guy who doesn't play here anymore especially when he was the least of our problems as evidenced by where hd is and where we are right now
You're a weird guy.

Woodzy

Good goalscorer but average footballer and utter bell end of a person. Had no place at our club.

Stacks

He never said that and yes i love that everything he says and does winds up you and all his little haters over and over .

Personally i fail to see how anyone can have so much hate for a guy who doesn't play here anymore especially when he was the least of our problems as evidenced by where hd is and where we are right now
Yet another of the generation of fan who chooses players over the club.
He is currently plying his tried in the weaker Serie A for a team who were just knocked out of the Champions League. Its like a striker leaving us and tearing up the French League. Big deal. If he was with us we would be in the same slot. Higuain used to tear up Serie A and did nothing over here. I am not suggesting all players who do it in serie a are weak, I am just saying that no one is surprised he is scoring against them sides over there and he was not good enough for us

SweetRightFoot

His ego's always been off the scale, even as a 21 yo he rage quit at Chelsea because we wouldn't abandon the pursuit of Costa and make him number one. He did the exact same thing he did with you and went to train with Anderlect until he got his move.

I saw this happening a mile off and was delighted when you got him instead of us, even if that meant 18 months of Morata.
This is what happens when you make a primadonna out of a 16 year old school boy, have film crews following him around and documenting how he ties his shoes when he's still a (huge) kid. He's been told for most of his life he's brilliant, amazing, world class and as such cannot accept any criticism, or evidence, to the contrary. Nothing is ever his fault and this gives him license to say whatever he likes to protect his ego. I wouldn't call him a c*nt but he's a proper loser.

Fridge chutney

Good riddance. I used to defend him but all respect I had for him is gone. He's weak-minded, a tosser, and will frankly never be an elite striker.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
I find anyone that supports certain players over a club weirdos but when it's the likes of Messi or Ronaldo then I can at least sort of understand it even if I find it odd.

Imagine being a fanboy of fecking Lukaku :houllier:
I don't find it weird but at the very least pick someone better than Lukaku or someone with a bit of style and character.

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
He is great at pointing I’ll give him that!

Literally or figuratively, he’s great at pointing

No Idea For Nickname

Patroness Saint of the anti-RAWKites
I am missing fun again. Just the other day I was thinking about how it's been awhile since Lolkaku spoke about us. And he will soon.
I wish I can see lottery numbers.
Man talks the talk but very rarely walks the walk. I wouldnt be surprised if one day we found out that he wanted to stay and it was Ole who didn't want him. His interviews are "me, me, me, me" and "I, I, I, I". Uping him self up when noone else will. What a precious little primadonna child.
Good riddance.
P.S. I wonder if he already started imagining what it would feel like leaving Inter...
We might found out in few years.

Untd55

I love the hypocrisy of some of the posts on here. Criticism of Lukaku being sensitive, but then getting absolutely irate about it. I am certain he is not the only sensitive one around here.

Also, why do people make stuff up. I have seen posts about:

Lukaku being equivalent to Andy Carroll. Just No.

Inter being ripped off. He has scored 18 goals for them.

No big teams were interested in him. Wrong, Juventus and Inter were.

Being a dreadful signing. No, he was our top scorer and he retained his value. Clearly not a dreadful signing.

People need to calm down. Hating people due to football is just plain weird.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
I find anyone that supports certain players over a club weirdos but when it's the likes of Messi or Ronaldo then I can at least sort of understand it even if I find it odd.

Imagine being a fanboy of fecking Lukaku :houllier:
And that too supporting player who shat on the club they "support".

Djemba-Djemba

I love the hypocrisy of some of the posts on here. Criticism of Lukaku being sensitive, but then getting absolutely irate about it. I am certain he is not the only sensitive one around here.

Also, why do people make stuff up. I have seen posts about:

Lukaku being equivalent to Andy Carroll. Just No.

Inter being ripped off. He has scored 18 goals for them.

No big teams were interested in him. Wrong, Juventus and Inter were.

Being a dreadful signing. No, he was our top scorer and he retained his value. Clearly not a dreadful signing.

People need to calm down. Hating people due to football is just plain weird.
He leaked confidential information from the club in an attempt to big himself up, didn't show up for training in an attempt to force the move through and then has spoken negatively about us constantly since including saying he first thought about leaving Utd 2 games into his Utd career.

If you can't see why that would annoy the majority of Utd fans then I'm not sure what to tell you.

Untd55

He leaked confidential information from the club in an attempt to big himself up, didn't show up for training in an attempt to force the move through and then has spoken negatively about us constantly since including saying he first thought about leaving Utd 2 games into his Utd career.

If you can't see why that would annoy the majority of Utd fans then I'm not sure what to tell you.
Do we know that he skipped training for a fact. Nobody has ever said this. It is merely a rumour that has spread and now turned into fact.

It could very well be that Manutd had agreed the sale earlier than people found out about it. That may explain why he wasn't training with the squad.

Also, is speed really confidential information? It is not like there are live games that people can watch to see how fast a player is. Speed is hardly some great hidden ability.

MadDogg

Manchester Utd never lose, just run out of time
He was actually quite widely praised for his first half a season here. He started the season scoring quite a lot, and then from memory he was voted our player of the month in November or December as even though he barely scored his general performance levels had actually been quite good.

His form dropped away significantly in the second half of the season, and then we all know what happened in his second season when he was absolutely disgraceful.

Djemba-Djemba

Do we know that he skipped training for a fact. Nobody has ever said this. It is merely a rumour that has spread and now turned into fact.

It could very well be that Manutd had agreed the sale earlier than people found out about it. That may explain why he wasn't training with the squad.

Also, is speed really confidential information? It is not like there are live games that people can watch to see how fast a player is. Speed is hardly some great hidden ability.
Yes, yes it is confidential information, which is why he had to delete it sharpish. Probably after being contacted by Utd and told to.

You clearly have no issue with a player who admitted he was out of shape, leaked info, went AWOL, and has slagged us off constantly since.

I'm just saying, don't act shocked when other Utd fans aren't.

Are you now going to question if Lukaku really was an unfit out of shape mess?

debunkology

Lukaku only thinks for himself, not for the team. I bet you now that, although he's had a good start at Inter, it will not end well. Give it another season or two and he will 1.) Stop scoring goals and be less effective or 2.) Want a move, or both.

nore1975

Supports
Liverpool
It was a bold decision by Ole to move Lukaku on. Lukaku isn’t a bad goal scorer. But his mobility and first touch wasn’t of a standard United would have needed. Kind of like Klopp selling Benteke.

lsd

The Oracle
Yet another of the generation of fan who chooses players over the club.
He is currently plying his tried in the weaker Serie A for a team who were just knocked out of the Champions League. Its like a striker leaving us and tearing up the French League. Big deal. If he was with us we would be in the same slot. Higuain used to tear up Serie A and did nothing over here. I am not suggesting all players who do it in serie a are weak, I am just saying that no one is surprised he is scoring against them sides over there and he was not good enough for us

Im not choosing a player over the club . I just don't hate a guy because he doesn't play for us anymore as that seems really dumb to me

MancunianAngels

Supports
FC United
Put that Lukaku in any United side from 92 - 2013 and he'd do well.

Like many players, he struggled to perform in a team that lacks any identity.

Djemba-Djemba

If he's replacing any of Hughes, Cantona, Cole, Ole, Yorke, Sheringham, Rooney, Saha, RVN, Tevez, RVP or Ronaldo though then we definitely don't do as well cos he's no where near as good as any of them.

Last edited:

did you never watch Cantona, Hughes, Cole, RVN, Yorke, Rooney, RVP, Solskjaer, Sheringham etc.

Lukuku has the massive benefit of playing in an era of playing one striker (generally). Every player I’ve mentioned is head and shoulders above Lukuku. Furthermore, if he was at Utd during that period, the likes of Bruce, Keane, Robson etc would have sorted him out. Pathetic man.

if you exclude squad players like Welbeck and Hernandez, we’ve not had a worse first team striker for 25 years.

edit - add in Ronaldo, Saha and Tevez.

Djemba-Djemba

did you never watch Cantona, Hughes, Cole, RVN, Yorke, Rooney, RVP, Solskjaer, Sheringham etc.

Lukuku has the massive benefit of playing in an era of playing one striker (generally). Every player I’ve mentioned is head and shoulders above Lukuku. Furthermore, if he was at Utd during that period, the likes of Bruce, Keane, Robson etc would have sorted him out. Pathetic man.

if you exclude squad players like Welbeck and Hernandez, we’ve not had a worse first team striker for 25 years.

And if it was a big game and I had to choose a big chance to fall to Hernandez or Lukaku I would be choosing Hernandez every time.

Dante

Average bang

Spot on.

lsd

The Oracle
Not many people hate him because he doesn't play for us anymore. They hate him because of all the rubbish that surrounded him in his second season here and his constant bitching since he left.

The rubbish that surrounded him were the other players

MancunianAngels

Supports
FC United

Some interesting names there, is that the same Sheringham that was slated for most of his first 2 seasons until he popped up with goals in the 2 finals in 99?

Yorker was another who was inconsistent, people remember the partnership with Cole but not his large empty periods without goals. Even Cole was criticised at times for needing several chances to score.

All of them were part of winning sides so people don’t remember the inconsistency.

If you put Lukaku into a side that’s flourishing rather than floundering, he performs better.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Big club has high standards shocker!
It's actually good to hear this sort of thing, as the perception right now is that the club are comfy cruising around well off top 4.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach

Is it actually a "massive benefit" being one striker?
Surely it was much easier for strikers when they played in 2s, and everyone played 4-4-2?

Even against better defenders, strikers tended to score more then, even with their mate nicking some of theirs.

Defenders tend to be utter mediocrity these days, and still strikers aren't generally matching the "Heyday" of strikers in the mid 90s.

MadDogg

Manchester Utd never lose, just run out of time
The rubbish that surrounded him were the other players
He was literally the worst player in the team. In fact, I firmly believe (and I'm not one for hyperbole) that he was probably the worst regular starter in the entire league. There were worse players, but their managers dropped them. Lukaku was untouchable despite being worse than any of our other players. It was absolutely disgraceful from both him and Mourinho.

Ole took over and dropped him, a couple of months later he had a brief ok period, but that's about it.

Based Adnan

Lukaku - "I wanted to leave United after my second game"

Man United fan - "I love everything he says"

Literally what?

Stacks

Im not choosing a player over the club . I just don't hate a guy because he doesn't play for us anymore as that seems really dumb to me
He has been chatting pure shite since he has left, turned up from pre season overweight, didn't bother to slim down, walked around the pitch and acted like a prima Donna. Then he comes out and says he had decided he wanted out long ago. He is more than worth his hate

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
He's just a bit precious. Not everyone can stand the heat. No shame in it. Thing with Lukaku is that it never crosses his mind that he's partly responsible for not making it. Self criticism is a rare trait in footballers.

bonothom

Yeah I wanted Conte this summer, but it did sadly not happen. He has poor record in CL though.
Not in the slightest bit interested in Cup competitions. The biggest prize for United is to win the League title again. So Contes Champions League record is irrelevant as far as I'm concerned.

Skills

Snitch
I wouldn't be surprised to hear a lot of players feel that way. The fans create quite a toxic atmosphere for the players in order to satisfy their fetish of worshipping whoever the manager is.